Daily Carol's 365 from 12th December 2012 - A Year of Happiness

Name
Carol
Edit My Images
Yes
Well I've succumbed and decided to try a 365 for myself. I don't know where to start to be honest but I suppose it will be mainly to celebrate my life so far. 4 years ago this week I started a brand new life for myself - a long story which I am not going to go into here but suffice to say I have never been happier :D . So I think the main theme will be 'Happiness' and what makes me happy and that will include everything - Music, Dancing, Friends, Family, My long walks with my best friend (my camera) and just everyday things that catch my eye :)
The album will start 12/12/12 - can't think of a better date to be honest :)
This will be a massive learning curve for me so please bear with me if some of my photos are a bit 'off' Within a year I intend to improve a lot :)

well that didnt quite work lol Trying to find a way to put photos in without using my full allocation. Oh well back to the drawing board

Last edited:
Will keep a watch on your thread Carol..... be good to see the improvements you make....it may inspire me to start one myself(maybe at some point)....

Thanks Lee and T :) First one will be on tonight - have ideas already :)

Right this isnt one of the photos for the 365 but it is test run to see if I have the right code :) Thanks Vince for the advice :)

Last edited:
YAYYYY!! I got it now :)

Okay I'm either way too eager OR I just don't know what date it is lol For some reason I have been trying all day to capture just the right photo for the day..... put it onto Flickr and looked at the info and Yes, you've guessed it.... I realised that I was a day early! Oh well better than late I suppose

So it looks like it is going to be a 366 shot challenge lol

Last edited:
Sorry didnt explain very well did I :/
My partner is a DJ and this is part of our home studio - yes we have a studio in our house much to my joy lol

I know its a bit boring for a first shot but I was getting desperate and (thought) I was running out of time

hmmm I agree Lee ..... Was trying to miss out all the stuff that is surrounding it. Should have put the deck lights on just for a bit more colour - maybe another time :) Thanks for the comment :)

Carol well you have started something now and you already come across some of the Crazy Gang !

Love the concept of Tools of the Trade , a bit to tight for me but your Challenge will surely blossom.

Atb

Vince

Carol well you have started something now and you already come across some of the Crazy Gang !

Love the concept of Tools of the Trade , a bit to tight for me but your Challenge will surely blossom.

Atb

Vince

Yes I seem to be looking at EVERYTHING now lol Was doing it before but looking even more! Yes the Crazy Gang have made me welcome and I think I've thrown them a bit with the acceptance of the 'dark room with led lights and steel wool' lol

I am now realising what 'cropped' means and see what you mean as well - it is quite tight there - should have given it a bit more around the edge I think .... Am I right there?

Have a few to choose from for today so have to decide pretty quickly as I am out to work in an hour lol

Thanks for the comment :)

Something you could try with the headphones and deck is getting in at a low angle focus more on the phones with the deck blurring with the dof

Something you could try with the headphones and deck is getting in at a low angle focus more on the phones with the deck blurring with the dof
hmmm good idea :) Will try that one - I love getting photos of the various decks at the venues we go to and usually get in low -(some of those decks are lovely to look at ) - so will try it with these Thanks :)

hmmm good idea :) Will try that one - I love getting photos of the various decks at the venues we go to and usually get in low -(some of those decks are lovely to look at ) - so will try it with these Thanks :)

And remember....sometimes detail on the deck can be just as interesting.... And still give you an idea of the overall object...

Here's todays image = taken this morning when the sun was deciding whether to show up for work or not - suffice to say he had the day off

Edited slightly

Last edited:
Thanks Lee :D Had a few shots but only the one with the solitary bird in it so decided that was the best one :)

And remember....sometimes detail on the deck can be just as interesting.... And still give you an idea of the overall object...

Agreed and will try a few closeups :)

Thank You :D Have taken quite a few photos today but this one is one of my favourites :) Without the bird it would have been just clouds and a shiny circle lol

Day 2 is Very Alfred Hitchcock and I love it !!
Thanks Vince :) The Birds came to mind when you said Hitchcock even though there is only the one :)

Carol when copying the BBcode from Flickr , try adjusting the size of the image to 1024 x whatever (Large)

Will do Vince Thanks :)

Thanks Cg :)

8269711525_123a47c67b_b.jpg

Bit of close up though think I may have the DOF off a bit :(

Last edited:
8269711525_123a47c67b_b.jpg

Bit of close up though think I may have the DOF off a bit :(

i would agree with your assessment. i'm finding myself looking round the image for the focus point. like the composition though.. (y)

though there's blur on the left hand side... do you have software you could clone it out with?

I have a programme or three so may try it later ....... will then repost it
I just couldnt find the 'right' image to post for some reason today - though tomorrow I have something in mind that I saw last week when I was in town so will be taking care with that one :)

Day 3 edited to get rid of the blur as well as getting rid of the branch as well - not sure which looks best

Back