Daily Carol's 365 from 12th December 2012 - A Year of Happiness

Bingo carol...granted I'm viewing on a small screen..but the second edit ticks my box ... Great idea to clear the branch and leave the leaves..

I think it actualy makes the whole image look sharper as well ...... losing the branch seems to have given it a proper focal point :)

Thanks Matt :)
Well tomorrow all my problems 'might' be resolved when Santa (postman) gets here :) Decided to treat myself and even though I know it is still an entry level camera I'm quite pleased. Decided to get myself a Canon 1100D. I had someone look at the 300D and turns out my bargain may not have been as much a bargain as I thought :( For some reason the buttons on the back stopped working ..... looks like liquid has been spilt on the camera at some point and that is why it was going at such a good price :( So decided to treat myself for Christmas and bought brand new so I KNOW it will work :) Will put the 300D on Ebay and put a note that even though the photos are good quality the buttons need looking at - even if I get 40.00 back its better than nothing :) Sent a very 'nice' email to the seller thanking him for being so honest with me lol

Thanks Matt :)
Well tomorrow all my problems 'might' be resolved when Santa (postman) gets here :) Decided to treat myself and even though I know it is still an entry level camera I'm quite pleased. Decided to get myself a Canon 1100D. I had someone look at the 300D and turns out my bargain may not have been as much a bargain as I thought :( For some reason the buttons on the back stopped working ..... looks like liquid has been spilt on the camera at some point and that is why it was going at such a good price :( So decided to treat myself for Christmas and bought brand new so I KNOW it will work :) Will put the 300D on Ebay and put a note that even though the photos are good quality the buttons need looking at - even if I get 40.00 back its better than nothing :) Sent a very 'nice' email to the seller thanking him for being so honest with me lol

I know your ebay pain's all too well, I'm sure you'll love the 1100D a very capable camera (y) as to ebay, only last week I spent several hundred pounds on some non-photographic gear, that turns out to have not been kept as well as described, and are going to need several hundreds more to be spent on new parts for the before they can now be used :bang: once this additional money is spent they will still be just about reasonable value just not as good as they should have been :annoyed:

well I did brilliantly with the lenses - 18-55 was 46.00, 35 - 80 was 21.00 and got the 80-200 for just 16.01!!! Absolute bargain! If I can get rid of the 300D it will go towards a macro lens :) Need one of those as I love the idea of close ups and not just close up but VERY close up! I'll be like a kid in a sweet shop tomorrow - wont know what to do with it first lolol.

Why sellers cant be honest I dont know... when selling I always make sure I tell the truth then it has no way of coming back and biting you on the butt! They all just see pound signs and want the most they can get!

Tomorrows potd will be the last with the 300d ..... have to admit it has been a lovely little camera and I have been happy with many of the results - just looking forward to even better ones now :)

Thanks Lee and Vince :) Can't wait for the postman now lol

Love those re-edits carol! I'd be like a kid in a sweet shop too :)

Thanks T :) Sat here (im)patiently now lolol taken my shot for today and raced back to make sure Im back in time ... shouldnt be too long I hope

This is a beautiful gate hidden away in a back street in the middle of town - saw it last week and thought what a lovely photo it would be so made sure I had my camera with me this week. It was pouring with rain this morning so trying to keep the camera dry (as well as me) I had to shoot it quickly. Also edited it a bit...

Thanks Lee :) I think the colours take your eyes away from the ironwork so B&W is better I think :)

Love the black and white carol! So quant and old looking!

Thanks T :) well that has sorted the dilemna about which to put up as Day 4 :)

Well my lovely brand new Canon 1100D arrived and was unpacked by one very happy bunny who very quickly turned into a sad bunny :( Nothing wrong with the camera - battery charged, everything working perfectly except I forgot one thing!! ................ yes I forgot a Memory Card which is the only size I DON'T have :crying: But Ebay came to the rescue and a 32GB is on its way via Santa (postman) so I should be in full working order by middle of next week :) So not so sad now just impatient lol

Hello! And welcome! I'm also one of the 365/366 bods but I'm a bit slow to post and comment. Some nice stuff so far and nice to see your enthusiasm about the whole thing!

We are pretty much in the same boat as my kit is an 1100D. Great camera to start out with in my opinion. I too was a newcomer not that long ago and the others on this Forum have helped out a lot, so good luck with your challenge!!
(y)

Thanks Bob :) Yes they are a great bunch and are making me feel like one of the 'gang' already :) I started with a 300D but cannot wait to try out the 1100D :) Next week I hope :)

Thanks Vince :) Had edited it in sepia as well but decided on the B&W and colour. The pattern is lovely and that is what caught my eye as well as it being just 'stuck there' boarded up with shops all around it. Wanted to do a wide shot but would have caught the shops and therefore lost the 'old' feel of it. and have to agree a close up would be great and I intend to do tat as soon as I get a proper lens that will capture it well :) You are all enticing me with the macro shots and mine dont seem to get in close enough so saving everything I have for one now :)

On the memory card front all I can say is bugger, it's funny when I ordered the 5D I actually ordered the memory for it and had that a few days before the camera :LOL: now to todays photo, I like it but prefer it in the B&W flavour to the colour (y)

The mystery is what is behind it :D

Matt

On the memory card front all I can say is bugger, it's funny when I ordered the 5D I actually ordered the memory for it and had that a few days before the camera :LOL: now to todays photo, I like it but prefer it in the B&W flavour to the colour (y)

The mystery is what is behind it :D

Matt

B&W flavour :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Just boards are behind it now Matt - seems they blocked it off for one of the shops but just left the gate there - nice feature though. Have always missed it before but my dentist is just round the corner and thought Id take a short cut and found it last week.
As for the Card - well the venue wasnt up to much tonight anyway so didnt take many photos - about 6 before I gave up with the rubbish light in there. Did try some light trails though on the way home - not brilliant with the car travelling up the M6 (bumpiest motorway in UK!!) but I tried :)

No fancy editing or fancy shots today - had a good think about what to shoot for POTD and after seeing everything about the last shooting in USA I decided to just do one for them

8273845453_5cffafb04c_b.jpg

Sweet shot Carol and certainly a good one after whats happened (y)

Thanks T :) The Willow Tree figurine is one of a collection that my daughter buys me each birthday and Mothers Day. This one is called 'Forget me Not' - quite apt I think :)

Thanks Vince - didnt notice them till you just said :( Will sort that out now - that was the background I used - will know for next time to double check it all :)

Thanks Matt - was stuck for a shot today but then saw all the news and just turned to see the figurine and thought that would be the right one - terrible events which make you realise how fragile life can be :(

Thanks Matt - was stuck for a shot today but then saw all the news and just turned to see the figurine and thought that would be the right one - terrible events which make you realise how fragile life can be :(

They really do :( sometimes life is just plain wrong :shake:

very thoughtful idea...i'm guessing you used flash to light it?? did you try a long exposure using the candle light?

very thoughtful idea...i'm guessing you used flash to light it?? did you try a long exposure using the candle light?

Yes I used the flash .... wish I had tried what you have just suggested now :( Didnt even think of doing that ..... well I will next time - have another idea for later on with lit candles so will try it then - by then will have the 1100D working and will be able to adjust properly.... My 300D now knows it has some competition with this new camera and is giving up I think :(

Yes I used the flash .... wish I had tried what you have just suggested now :( Didnt even think of doing that ..... well I will next time - have another idea for later on with lit candles so will try it then - by then will have the 1100D working and will be able to adjust properly.... My 300D now knows it has some competition with this new camera and is giving up I think :(

I feel candles give off such a golden aura.... Yours would look ace. Try it... Love to see the resort. The angel in shadows but lit by the candle..

Will try that another day - definitely when new camera up and running :)

Well today has been one of those days when I haven't had time to sit and think about a POTD ..... went to work this morning and it was a lovely day but didn't have time to look around or shoot anything before I went :( By the time I finished it was dark and I was tired - it's a mad rush at work with Christmas just around the corner so it was nonstop all day :( So I came home, tried a few things and just didnt like them at all so went for a nice relaxing bath and decided to take a photo of Pure Bliss for me at that moment :) My bath filling up...... I know It's a bit boring but at that point it was one of the nicest parts of my day :)

161212 by CTB SNAPS,

Last edited:
Thanks for the welcome Tony and thanks for the lovely comment :) It is definitely a learning curve for me ..... always used to look at the weather and think "Can't go out in this' but now I am having to look around my home for ideas as well :) Definitely getting me thinking

Back