Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Just seen the link here

Sadly no 135L for me :(

Full credit to Kebabselector on HotUKDeals

Anyway the summary is:

Just a heads up for those about to spend money on Canon gear. Canon's Spring Cashback deal starts 7th March running to 31st May. The website on the leaflet I have (from Focus on Imaging show at the NEC) is http://www.canon.co.uk/springcashback/ - but it's not working yet.

Purchases made at Focus on Imaging are meant to covered.

5D MkIII £160
6D £100
7D £80
60D £65

100mm Macro £80
16-35 £160
10-22 £80
17-40 £80
24-70 (f2.8 mkII) £235
8-15 (Fisheye) £155
70-200 (f2.8 IS MkII) £235
Speedlite 600EX-RT £80

G1X £30
G15 £30
S110 £20
SX50 £50

Image of leaflet:

739581119.jpg

Last edited:
Canon and the suppliers were saying the cashback is valid for Focus bought items too. It better be: I got a 6D on the basis of the promise.

Regards

Chris

Canon and the suppliers were saying the cashback is valid for Focus bought items too. It better be: I got a 6D on the basis of the promise.

Regards

Chris

What was the 6d going for, was thnking of popping over tomorrow?

Hi

I got it for £1599 but that included the battery grip, and before the £100 off. So it should come to £1499 grip included.

That was CameraWorld. I saw it at £1549 with no grip elsewhere and before the Canon cashback.

Regards

Chris

Hmm, interesting thanks. Anyone happen to know what Kerso's latest price on the 70-200 mk2 is (saves me pestering him)?

Up on the Canon site now and as per the OP's details.

Makes Kerso cheaper than HK imports for the 70-200 now :)

Canon why do you keep doing this to me?! :(

Shoots a big hole in Panamoz sales strategy (if they have one).

I thought kerso's gear was imported thus not eligible for the cashback?

He provides a valid UK VAT invoice which Canon will accept for cashback claims. Have done so with two lenses purchased from him, both times without any trouble.

looks like it from the FAQ

Q. When will I receive my cash back payment?

A. Cheques will be issued within 28 days of validation of the claim NOT from purchase date. If there is missing or incorrect information provided this will also delay the process as the cheque/payment will be made 28 days after all the correct information is received. Please note we can’t be held responsible for Dealers who tell customers, incorrectly, it is 28 days from date of purchase.

Q. Why has my cheque been cancelled and I now have to wait another 28 days to receive my claim?

A. If the correct name and address are not input correctly when processing the claim the cheque will be invalid. The cheque has to be cancelled with your bank (which takes 14 days) and a new cheque has to be issued (which takes another 14 days). Please ensure you complete your name and contact details correctly to avoid these delays.

Q. What transactions are excluded from this cash back?

A. ALL of the following are EXCEMPT:

1. Non-promotional products [see website or Terms & Conditions [PDF, 287 KB] for a full list]

2. Product purchased outside the promotional period

3. Product bought on ebay or through Amazon Marketplace (3rd party) Resellers; product purchased outside the UK

4. second-hand, refurbished or reconditioned products, or products which are counterfeit or infringe the intellectual property rights of the Canon group of companies in anyway (for example, including but not limited to parallel or “grey” products)

For more information please read the Terms & Conditions [PDF, 287 KB].

Q. By processing my claim on-line what do you mean by ‘payment option’?

A. This refers to how prefer to be paid: by cheque or BACs (straight into your bank account) NOT how you originally purchased the product.

Q. Where is the product serial number?

A. To locate the serial number visit the link here which is here and it will show you where it is for your products. Please DO NOT confuse the serial number with the EAN/Barcode

Q. Why can’t I log onto the website with my tracking code?

A. Please note the login is case sensitive so please ensure you type it in exactly (with upper/lower case)

Q. For the following issues when trying to register on-line:

- I’ve been trying to register for some time and it won’t let me
- I keep getting a ‘not authorised’ message
- I’ve tried resubmitting the form but it won’t work.

A. In MOST instances this is down to the device you are trying to access the website from i.e. a mobile/smart phone, apple mac, other device etc. it’s not a fault with the website. You will need to consult the manufacture of the product you are using for advice in these instances.

If the above freuently asked questions have not answered your query, you can email us on the email address below or if your enquiry is urgent you can call us on the folowing number 0800 044 3251

If you have any questions about your cashback claim, please email us on springcashback@claim-lookup.com

Further from the T&C (my emphasis)

2.2. Claims must be submitted by fully and correctly completing (including
specifying a valid EEA product serial number) a Canon claim form available either:
(i) from retailers; or
(ii) which can be downloaded from www.canon.co.uk/springcashback or
www.canon.ie/springcashback; or
(iii) by contacting Canon’s claims handling agency by using the contact details
specified in clause 2.3 below.

Last edited:
Damn, I want printer cashback- Pixma pro 100 to be precise!

Edit: it is there, yay!

Hmm, somewhat concerning that Canon may now be checking serial numbers and thus products bought from Kerso may not qualify for the cashback :|

I think Canon need to introduce some form of tangible benefit to buying from within the EU supply chain - 3yrs warranty like Sigma do, would be a good start, so that people would weigh up the paying a hundred or more pounds gets them something which quite probably won't end up costing Canon much extra.

It would also indicate a belief in their products.

Funny really people say Tamron & Sigma have poor QC, yet Sigma give three years, Tamron five and Canon one!

Yeah, but lets face it youre less likely to take advantage of that extended warranty due to manufacturer error with a Canon or Nikkor.

Last edited:
I think Canon need to introduce some form of tangible benefit to buying from within the EU supply chain - 3yrs warranty like Sigma do, would be a good start, so that people would weigh up the paying a hundred or more pounds gets them something which quite probably won't end up costing Canon much extra.

Completely agree, even if only with L lens. canon must be confident of them lasting 3 years!

It would also indicate a belief in their products.

Funny really people say Tamron & Sigma have poor QC, yet Sigma give three years, Tamron five and Canon one!

Isnt is just like kia and hyundai setting the warranty benchmark on cars instead of audi and bmw?

Hi Everyone I'm New :) Nice to meet you all, Just wondering if any of you have had any problems getting cashback on qualifying products bought at Focus on Imaging. I bought a qualifying lens and the flash from Camera World and 1st Cameras and been try to claim but they keep saying it "invalid promotional period." and also invalid Proof of purchase for the Camera World Receipt.

I also had a purchase made at Focus, so I contacted them to see what I could do about online registration as the date was out of range (6th).

I filled out and scanned the printable form and receipt and emailed pdf's in to Canon via the address on the claim page. They put me onto their system and that means I have a log in to check progress of the claim, which is showing as valid now.

Same on the 17-40 - if only they would give you the discount and claim it themselves :)

So does anyone know for sure whether Kerso's receipts are still good enough for Canon or whether they're actually checking serials now?

Have bought two lenses from Ian and claimed cashback from Canon on both with no trouble at all but, if I can't be sure of getting it back this time, then it changes the complexion of things somewhat.

The cashback offer that ended in January required you to enter the serial number and it said somewhere in the FAQ it had to be an official import.
I wonder if they do actually check them though ?

I also had a purchase made at Focus, so I contacted them to see what I could do about online registration as the date was out of range (6th).

I filled out and scanned the printable form and receipt and emailed pdf's in to Canon via the address on the claim page. They put me onto their system and that means I have a log in to check progress of the claim, which is showing as valid now.

I contacted them again and they asked me to fill in the form I was given at the show. I've done it they've checked it and still they say invalid promotion date, also they don't seem too convinced about the Camera World receipt, I think, as it was hand written, they have marked that purchase as not valid purchase evidence or something to that effect. Looks like i'm going to have to give them a ring. :(

I don't think they have changed the T's&C's. These are the ones for the cashback scheme last spring where they gave cashback for Kerso purchases. And they did require the serial number then too. (I still have the email confirmation from Canon that shows it)
http://www.dabs.com/images/1/merch/vendors/Canon/Euro2012-Cashback/Euro-Terms-and-conditions.pdf

All products must be purchased within the UK or ROI and must have been supplied and distributed by Canon UK Ltd or Canon group companies located in the European Economic Area. Please check with your retailer that this is the case to help avoid disappointment.

I suggest checking with Kerso. Last time he said cashback would be paid, and he was right.

So does anyone know for sure whether Kerso's receipts are still good enough for Canon or whether they're actually checking serials now?

I got cashback on a Canon GPS unit I bought last November...

I could check with him and would but, if Canon were to reject the claim on the basis that it's not a UK/EU serial, I doubt Ian would reimburse it himself (nor would I expect him to).

Whilst some or even many claims may get through, my concern would be that some would be rejected and, when you're talking about £235, that's a hell of a risk to take.

Whilst some or even many claims may get through, my concern would be that some would be rejected and, when you're talking about £235, that's a hell of a risk to take.

Yes, but what is the difference in price between a UK shop for example and Ian ?

Thinking the same over the 5D mkiii - you can get £160 cashback from Mathers / Digital Depot for example, but at £2270 - 2299 even after cashback it still works out dearer than buying from Kerso @ £2095 or HDEW @ £1999. Now if you got cashback on these, then even better (y)

Unfortunately the HK importers are still cheaper than he is, which is where the difficult decision comes. Oh well we'll see what happens with various prices over the course of the cashback offer but I would be very interested to know if anyone has had or does have a cashback claim rejected on something purchased from Ian.

Unfortunately the HK importers are still cheaper than he is, which is where the difficult decision comes. Oh well we'll see what happens with various prices over the course of the cashback offer but I would be very interested to know if anyone has had or does have a cashback claim rejected on something purchased from Ian.

Thats true, but then there is the warranty side to think about as well and how much are you saving / is it worth it ?

Yes but Ian's are imports too, that's the point. He may supply a UK invoice but, if Canon are going to start checking serial numbers for cashback claims, they may well start checking them for warranty claims too, in which case you're in exactly the same situation as with an HK supplier.

No offence or disrespect to Ian of course - I've used him myself several times and he's great, it's just that if Canon start cracking down to the point where his UK invoice doesn't provide any benefit over a cheaper HK import, I'm afraid I don't have money to burn and will go with the cheaper option, much as I'd like to send my business his way.

I have just submitted a claim on the spring cashback scheme after purchasing the 600ex-rt speedlite from Ian and received an email from Canon stating that it had been turned down.

Back