02538 020308 scam phone number

Gregory Hicks

Suspended / Banned
Name
N/A
Edit My Images
No
If you get a call from this number do not anwser it, i just had a great argument with them.

Our indian cousins are on the scam before christmas about microsoft mailware and viruses......... Even though microsoft dont do any cold calling to customers.....

Please pass this isformation around.

Sounds like my dad got this phone call this morning, shame I didn't answer it :(

He said they were calling from the computer technical department or something :shrug:

Had that one 2 days ago saying that I had problems on my computer. I said I didn't have a computer! short pause then the line when dead........lol..........

Thats the one, ive picked it up on google also today! Idiots. Shout get a real job...!!!!

This has been around for a while. Someone reported that he played dumb and led the 'consultant' on for a while, until he he was getting really frustrated, then told him he was using a Mac and asked 'if this made any difference?'

tiler65 said:
They fixed mine

They fixed yours.... Your the minority then out of the 100,s of people who have been scammed from a virus or bug that dosent even exist.!!!!!!!!!!

MartynK said:
This has been around for a while. Someone reported that he played dumb and led the 'consultant' on for a while, until he he was getting really frustrated, then told him he was using a Mac and asked 'if this made any difference?'

that is exactly what I did as well (actually done that a couple of times now!) :) was great to keep them going and then suddenly hear it go so quiet on the phone...

that is exactly what I did as well (actually done that a couple of times now!) :) was great to keep them going and then suddenly hear it go so quiet on the phone...

We're getting something similar over here, and a lot of us have tried this tactic, only to get a call later saying "there's a problem with your Mac". Telling them you're using Linux seems to keep them at bay, well, for the moment anyway.

We're getting something similar over here, and a lot of us have tried this tactic, only to get a call later saying "there's a problem with your Mac". Telling them you're using Linux seems to keep them at bay, well, for the moment anyway.

We haven't had any of these calls - we live in the sticks and the telesales/scam merchants don't seem to bother with us - but it might be interesting to ask why Microsoft are offering support to Mac users?

They fixed yours.... Your the minority then out of the 100,s of people who have been scammed from a virus or bug that dosent even exist.!!!!!!!!!!

they fixed mine too :D

seriously we got a call Monday and one yesterday as well

Thatll be Joe, he taped it very funny http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=3465127&postcount=19 :LOL::LOL::LOL:

We haven't had any of these calls - we live in the sticks and the telesales/scam merchants don't seem to bother with us - but it might be interesting to ask why Microsoft are offering support to Mac users?

Nah, when you get the call about the mac they petend to be from Apple. They also try to get you to download some software called teamviewer (which is perfectly legitimate software by the way - I use it daily) with which you can end up giving control of your machine to the scammers, albiet temporarily.

Basically if you get one of these calls just hang up - unless you know what you're doing and want to have a bit of fun with them.

They're useless :bang: :shake: They couldn't sort out my Sinclair Spectrum.

They're useless :bang: :shake: They couldn't sort out my Sinclair Spectrum.

Probably just needs the keyboard revulcanising. Common fault for its age.

so just had the guys on the phone again. This time, gave me a number of 0208 0999 185 to ring if I wanted to.

Made them go through their whole thing on the phone just agreeing to how bad my desktop is and how bad all the events in event viewer are (while I was reading the forums on my mac that is :) ). Then when they thought I was going to open up my 'pc' via teamviewer, said I had a meeting and had to go.

The disappointment in their voice was fantastic :D Just love playing with them. Different to my usual of I have a mac response anyway :)

They've rung me 4 or 5 times now, 1st time I strung them along for over 40 mins then had to walk my dogs so I flicked Jeremy Kyle on and left the phone by the tv speaker. :clap:
The best thing was when he asked me to look at the event viewer and tell him how many errors I could see...."one red and two yellow"...said I..."no sir, there will be many more than that"...."nope, that's all there is, just one red, two yellow"...cue lots of murmering by him. :LOL:
They rang back the next day and said it was a 'follow up call' so I 'politely' told them to go forth. ;)
Annoying thing is, they ask for me by name so it's not just random numbers they dial!

Wozzaaah said:
They've rung me 4 or 5 times now, 1st time I strung them along for over 40 mins then had to walk my dogs so I flicked Jeremy Kyle on and left the phone by the tv speaker. :clap:
The best thing was when he asked me to look at the event viewer and tell him how many errors I could see...."one red and two yellow"...said I..."no sir, there will be many more than that"...."nope, that's all there is, just one red, two yellow"...cue lots of murmering by him. :LOL:
They rang back the next day and said it was a 'follow up call' so I 'politely' told them to go forth. ;)
Annoying thing is, they ask for me by name so it's not just random numbers they dial!

There complete idiots, ive had 4 more calls, i said on my next iraq tour i would pay him a visit he hung up! Haha

Back