123photographs on Amazon

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
I've just purchased a Nikon 18-70 DX off of these guys on Amazon and wondered if anyone had any previous experiences with them (a little late now I know but hey).

TIA

Dave

never heard of them, at least with amazon they will guarrentee things unlike ebay. I am currently making a claim for a doddgy battery i got from a seller on amazon, but that wasn't big money.

Its only guaranteed if its direct from amazon not one of the adverts on their pages
Bob

Iam sure that Martin who does the money advice thing on tv said on tv that amazon dont guarantee the traders on there web site but if goods are supplied direct from amazon your covered Iwill do a search to see if I can find some info for you
Bob

What guarantees are you talking about?
I know that you are safe buying thru' Amazon.
I have made several 'purchases' which turned out to be bogus or scams - I've always got my money back.

Last edited:
The guarantee is if the goods are faulty or dont turn up if supplied by third party on amazon then they are not covered by amazon It wasnt martins money saving tips I saw it on but watch dog on the bbc. So what I am saying is if 123photographs on amazon is a third party seller then amazon dont give any guarantee
Bob

As far as I know yes if you buy from a seller you dont get the same guarantee from amazon I looked on watchdog web sight it was broadcast in April 09 have a look maybe Ive got it all @rse about face wouldnt be first time Ive misread something
Bob

The link above says that any purchase bought through Amazon, including third-party sellers is guaranteed.

"That is why we guarantee purchases from third party sellers when payment is made via the Amazon.co.uk website."

As far as I know yes if you buy from a seller you dont get the same guarantee from amazon I looked on watchdog web sight it was broadcast in April 09 have a look maybe Ive got it all @rse about face wouldnt be first time Ive misread something
Bob

Any problem with a Market Place seller supplied item, Amazon will refund the money, provided the deal was done through Amazon ... I have had first hand experience of this.

Bob

i think we have been talking about different things tbh, yes you have to buy in there website for it to be covered, but it doesnt have to be amazon selling the product. make sence?

Jesus, off topic or what?

As long as you use Amazon's checkout method you're covered, no matter who you buy from. Simple as that.

Thanks for the replies.

Just to give you guys some feedback.

I received my 18-70 2 days after ordering (even though the estimated delivery date was much later). The lens was exactly as described (used but in new condition) and works flawlessly. I'm incredibly pleased with both the lens and the service I received from 123 Photographs (y)

Back