2013 Slimming Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, which is more correct?

Norton, born to lose.
Notrun, born too loose.
Norton, born to loose?

Gave myself a break from the gym over Christmas mainly because I use the gym at work but partly because I'd been going 3-4 times a week for the last 3-4 months and felt like I needed a break.

This time last year I weighed 15st 11lb (the heaviest I've ever been). I'm 5ft 11in tall so while not massively over weight there was a noticeable "belly".

Managed to get down to around 14st 8lb for my wedding in March, maintained that weight for a while but some enforced absence from the gym saw my weight creep up to around 15st again in the later part of last year.

Before I started back a the gym on Monday I weighed 15st 3lb, I've managed to put on another 3lb since then but that could be a little muscle mass.

My initial aim is to get below 15st again (that's when I comfortably fit in my 36in waist jeans), once that's cracked anything between 14st 7lb - 14st 10lb and I'll be happy :)

had my weigh in last night.. 4lbs down, not too bad.. was for 2 weeks though

back on track now food wise.. must try and do some exercise too!

mich66 said:
had my weigh in last night.. 4lbs down, not too bad.. was for 2 weeks though

back on track now food wise.. must try and do some exercise too!

Well done Michelle, keep at it ;0)

ok, ok, it was a rushed post, anyway i weighed in 4 1/2lbs lighter on Wednesday

Just found my new crisp replacement. Kallo Italian sesame breadsticks. The usual cheap breadsticks are no comparison. Just 12 cal's a stick i have 3 of them with a sandwich.

It was my weekly weigh in this morning. I was a little disappointed to be honest.

I've lost just over 3 lbs this week, so a total of just over 10 lbs over 2 weeks.

wegotitugetit said:
what a great start nick keep it up matey :clap:

Cheers!

If I really think about it, I know I shouldn't be disappointed with a loss, but guess I'm a little impatient!! :0)

diets dont work without an increase in exercise. trust me on that one.

Actually nutrition ( eating habits) is around 80% of staying healthy. Its hard to eat healthy n good trust me but that's the best way. Take out junk food, fried food, cakes, biscuits and eat fruits , yogurt etc.

I lost over 2 stone last year by eating 2 bowls of cereal a day - one for breakfast, one for lunch... and then a normal evening meal etc. Since then the weight has gone back on over time, as I've stopped that regime due to one thing and another (holidays, lack of cereal etc.)...

I need to get back to it, as I feel so much better for dropping even just a few pounds. My problem is it's all up front for me - nice big round belly - chicken arms and legs :LOL:

Count me in, I've almost finished all the Christmas goodies! Every time I say I feel peckish (mainly in the evenings), the Missus magically finds something and says well these need finishing off :eek: :shrug:

I lost over 2 stone last year by eating 2 bowls of cereal a day - one for breakfast, one for lunch... and then a normal evening meal etc. Since then the weight has gone back on over time, as I've stopped that regime due to one thing and another (holidays, lack of cereal etc.)...

I need to get back to it, as I feel so much better for dropping even just a few pounds. My problem is it's all up front for me - nice big round belly - chicken arms and legs :LOL:

Count me in, I've almost finished all the Christmas goodies! Every time I say I feel peckish (mainly in the evenings), the Missus magically finds something and says well these need finishing off :eek: :shrug:

thats the worst even though i lost 4lb i walk pas tthe kitchen and magialy there is a box o roses eeeek so have to grab a few but i allow 15 sysn a day i think there about 4 a piece so a couple is within the limit's

wegotitugetit said:
well weighed in last night and a 4lb loss so well happy down to 18 stone 10 lb well happy another a few weeks at that rate and ill be hitting 17 stone are so well chuffed

Nice one, well done!

well done guys!

I started the week so well but the last few days have been written off.. expecting a gain at weigh in tomorrow!

cant get back into the mind set I had before Christmas for some reason!

I'm going to try the 5:2 diet.

Dr Michael Mosley has got my attention

How are you getting on with this way of dieting Robert?

I'm asking as the wife is planning on starting us both on it

as expected, gained tonight.. 1/2lb so i'll take that as thought it would be far worse.. line drawn under this week... onto the next ;)

special k cracker crisps are nice for a snack.. the bags are 95 calories or 4.5 syns on SW

I'm game for this!

I'm type 2 diabetic and have never taken it seriously! Ive had it for years and never bothered to sort myself out! Sugars are always high, I avoid the doctors and its starting to take its toll! Enough is enough! I'm 27 and take 10 tablets a day and there still not enough!

I'm currently 18 stone 3 and a quarter pounds.... Weigh ins will be Friday mornings and I hope I can bore you all to death with my weekly loss!

Ozy, get it under control! It can easily degenerate to Type I which is a whole new ball game. A Type I friend is currently on crutches after an op to save his foof from amputation. Although he's never been weighty and always kept in shape and fit, he ignored his Diabetes and (more by luck than judgement!) lived to regret the neglect.

so weight in as of last night made me 18 stone 7 and half lb very happy with that result
2 and half off so my total's are below

2013 - 6 -1/2 lb in two weeks
since i began slimming world last year 1 stone and half a pound
making me 18 stone 7 and half pound

My weigh in tonight so will come back and report, its a prophets birthday at work today, and i have to go and eat curry with the rest of the factory, it would be very offensive if i didn't, its a good job i've had a good week up to now

blimey, my weight is just over 18st, 23st 6lb August 2012 and now just about to go under 18st..

its been a lot of year since I have been 18st let alone under, been with my wife 14 years this year and she hasn't seen me like this(I was around 20st and all fat).. I think its also showing my kids the difference, they have seen me be down in the dumps not wanting to do anything to an active Dad wanting to go out more, being less grumpy and in general positive and happy.

My weigh in tonight so will come back and report, its a prophets birthday at work today, and i have to go and eat curry with the rest of the factory, it would be very offensive if i didn't, its a good job i've had a good week up to now

hou can still have bad meals and still lose

i had a mixed kebab the other night never mind :LOL:

still lost swell :D

hou can still have bad meals and still lose

i had a mixed kebab the other night never mind :LOL:

still lost swell :D

I know, i do Slimming World too, i just find fresh baked Chappatis very very difficult to resist:D:D

7lb for me since Jan 8th, now 16st 7lbs. I'm fine during the week but come weekend I go to watch the rugby and end up having several pints of dry cider. It takes me till weds to get back off what I put on at the weekend:crying:

Been away in Italy since Monday morning so used the hotel gym's scales Tuesday morning as that is my weigh in day.

Lost another 2 1/4 lbs this week, which is a total of 13 lbs in 3 weeks. Fairly happy with that!

Mind you, had a lovely Calzone in a little pizza restaurant by the Duomo last night, which may have ruined things!! :0)

i lost another 1lb last night, although i think it was probably more as i was full of curry from lunch time, but its going in the right direction, thats 7 1/2lbs in 3 weeks

mins is chocolate if it is there it is rude not to eat it lol

That used to be my attitude, along with a delusion that if a little of what you fancy does you good, a lot must be even better for you. However, May's Diabetes diagnosis (Type II thang any gods) means that now I follow this VVV philosophy

well i managed to limit myself to just one ;););) twas very nice though

even with Malteasers!

Been away in Italy since Monday morning so used the hotel gym's scales Tuesday morning as that is my weigh in day.

Lost another 2 1/4 lbs this week, which is a total of 13 lbs in 3 weeks. Fairly happy with that!

Mind you, had a lovely Calzone in a little pizza restaurant by the Duomo last night, which may have ruined things!! :0)

Well done on the loss - but to keep consistency, you should always use the same scales and weigh yourself at the same time (I try to stick to the time between emptying and breakfast every 3 or 4 days).
Life's too short to deny yourself a little treat every now and again, as long as it doesn't get to be every now and again and again and again!!! Whereas I used to eat a whole Pizza for supper, I'll now have half and save the other half for the next day's supper.

On the subject of scales, what make/model do people use? Ours have gone a bit weird recently - this morning, I gave up after 2 16:9 readings, a few at assorted weights below that down to one at 16:1! I'd love to believe the 16:1 reading but feel that about 16:7 is nearer the truth!

well done all.. had my weigh in tonight.. 2.5lb off so pleased with that!

going to stick hard at it this week as a couple of mini targets coming up.. 1lb for 1.5 stone off and 3lb for club 10 (losing 10% of start weight)

(y)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back