Monthly 2014 ETC: MadAlan

Good start Alan. This one is next on my list!

Its actually guite easy to do.
However, doing it well is a different kettle of fish :thinking:

I will have another bash at this one.... and also have a go at the effect cow and cheese loving Brian (mad as a hatter that one :ROFLMAO:) has had a go at - although the effect name escapes me at the mo'

Failure number 2 with the Joiner effect.

WIth an image the eyes usually focus on someones face. Immediately you notice the facial distortion and then as you look deeper you notice the under / over exposure. In a confused state you then quickly scan around and notice the displacement of the arms, the distortion of all the headlights and then in utter disbelief that someone has spent so much time and effort producing this pile of cack notice the double handlebars, doubled red rim and offset girders on the balcony.

I then sit back and think......... why the hell have i spent 2 days putting together this pile of pap!!

Hi, Harris shutter effect! like it. Lovely. Colours and unusual take. I'd like to see it a tad wider.

Joiner effect, lots of work and cracking scene. For me, thought, it's a little clean. I'd like to see more overlapping photographs.

Good start.

Cheers.

Hi, Harris shutter effect! like it. Lovely. Colours and unusual take. I'd like to see it a tad wider.

Joiner effect, lots of work and cracking scene. For me, thought, it's a little clean. I'd like to see more overlapping photographs.

Good start.

Cheers.
Thanks Andy. I'm now going through some tutorials.
Probably would have been a good idea to go through some first :banana:

Hi Alan, your 2nd joiner hits the mark for me, The reduced opacity original behind the joined ones works well, I think even better than the plain white...

that zoom burst is a belter, nice and sharp on the flower, and then the zoomy colour to make a complimentary background! (Horizontal flip candidate maybe??)

Disappointingly the settings are Elements induced. Radial blur.

Im still arsing around with zooming my lens. I cant figure out whether its better to zoom out or zoom in. Having focused at the wide end and then zoom out to the wide end i appear to get more in focus. When i focus zoomed in and then zoom wide to telephoto i get a bit of a mess.

Grr! Frustrating.

Hi Alan, your 2nd joiner hits the mark for me, The reduced opacity original behind the joined ones works well, I think even better than the plain white...

that zoom burst is a belter, nice and sharp on the flower, and then the zoomy colour to make a complimentary background! (Horizontal flip candidate maybe??)
Cheers Graham. If anything, im at least learning how to do simple things in PP.

I'm liking the multiplicity and the high speed Alan, the different view on the high speed is a nice change.

I'm gonna try and add a couple before the deadline and then look forward to the next six :)

well done alan, all six completed. (y)

Super jobs considering this is probably the first attempt(s) for most of these themes.

multiplicity would benefit from a softer brush (so you get a gradual fade rather than a hard edged circle), (oohhhh I'm picky aren't I), but the idea's great and works really well.

your duo-tones an interesting subject / shot and the processing works well with it.

never tried high speed myslef, but this looks spot on, really freezing the motion of the splash. good timing too!

Feet up for you (until saturday!!)

well done alan, all six completed. (y)

Super jobs considering this is probably the first attempt(s) for most of these themes.

multiplicity would benefit from a softer brush (so you get a gradual fade rather than a hard edged circle), (oohhhh I'm picky aren't I), but the idea's great and works really well.

your duo-tones an interesting subject / shot and the processing works well with it.

never tried high speed myslef, but this looks spot on, really freezing the motion of the splash. good timing too!

Feet up for you (until saturday!!)

Great tip Graham. Thanks matey.

Harris shutter is brill; good subject for it to make a lovely abstract picture.

Joiner I like V3 best. I think the shot showing through the background in V2 spoils the illusion of separate shots.

Zoom burst, as an image the flower knocks the teddy into a cocked hat for me. Lovely colours, and the zoom complements the nice sharp petals perfectly. It's just a shame it's not a genuine zoom burst! The teddy is good, but I don't think the effect adds a lot to it.

Multiplicity is really good; these things need some interaction to work I think, and you have that :)

Duotones works too. The tone complements the subject well, though the heavy handrail is a bit distracting I think, especially as the corner ends up almost on the bottom right third.

High speed is one of the best I've seen. Great tones, a different composition to most, and spot on timing and focus. Brilliant work!

Harris shutter is brill; good subject for it to make a lovely abstract picture.

Joiner I like V3 best. I think the shot showing through the background in V2 spoils the illusion of separate shots.

Zoom burst, as an image the flower knocks the teddy into a cocked hat for me. Lovely colours, and the zoom complements the nice sharp petals perfectly. It's just a shame it's not a genuine zoom burst! The teddy is good, but I don't think the effect adds a lot to it.

Multiplicity is really good; these things need some interaction to work I think, and you have that :)

Duotones works too. The tone complements the subject well, though the heavy handrail is a bit distracting I think, especially as the corner ends up almost on the bottom right third.

High speed is one of the best I've seen. Great tones, a different composition to most, and spot on timing and focus. Brilliant work!

Praise indeed. Thanks for taking the time to comment Mark.
Totally agree about the zoom burst too.

This really was frustrating. Took hours trying to get the damn things to go in front of the lens. My significant other is none too pleased with the washing up liquid all over the furniture neither

Dear Photograph,

As you can tell this is simply a composite of me holding my wedding day photo which is superimposed onto an image taken with a compact exactly 10 years later. Don't know whether this is cheating or not as its a darn long way to travel back up to Gretna for this theme!!

Although not a particularly good image i'm pleased with the theme and learning what a "Dear Photograph" is.

Back