24" x 20" Canvas - £19.99 Delivered

A shame indeed. Oh well.
On the plus side, two things happened yesterday. Firstly, Snapmad finally emailed me a phone number so i can ring them for a refund.

Secondly, I discovered that my Bro in law is now doing canvases. Going over there to look at some samples today. I wont give him a free plug on here, cause A) thats a bit off, and B) I dont think he is quite ready for full scale production yet.

Things are lookng up :LOL:

Posting their phone number up would be a good idea - you're the only person I've ever heard of to get a phone number from them! :)

Certainly. 01481 818750.

Now call me pessimistic, but the day after I have a bit of an email rant, I get this:

Hi Dave,

Ironically your canvas was returned to us this morning.
There is a Royal Mail P739 sticker on it stating a note was left at your address but the package was never collected. The date marked is October 22.

I find it hard to believe that the Royal Mail has hung onto it for well over three months before returning it to the sender for one thing. They have also supposedly sent out TWO canvases, and this only accounts for one.

Am I being too harsh??

TBH, nothing about Royal Mail surprises me these days - they probably found it lying in a corner somewhere months after is should have arrived at you and just sent it back. Lying also comes quite easily to them.... :shrug:

Oh I totally appreciate that. However, that still only accounts for one canvas when they are adamant they have sent two.

has anyone ordered the 30x20 canvas for 19.99?
lots seem to have ordered the 24x20...

i'm thinking these could be great for a local exhibition/art fair, marking up to say £50, so very reasonable and attractive? plus people can see what they're buying, so upto them to make a decision on 'quality'.

Just thought I'd say I got some done with Toucan Images Ltd (Google search) and they were great emailed for chance of a discount for number of canvases and was sent back quote with a 30% discount, :) got 5 20" x 10" of my wedding photos. good customer services too as they phone me on a sunday to double check the wrap around I wanted.

Just thought I'd say I got some done with Toucan Images Ltd (Google search) and they were great emailed for chance of a discount for number of canvases and was sent back quote with a 30% discount, :) got 5 20" x 10" of my wedding photos. good customer services too as they phone me on a sunday to double check the wrap around I wanted.

Is that not a bit 'spammy' for a first post? :thinking:

Damn every post I make on here I get shot down as a new guy, we all gotta start somewhere and this topic was about canvases so thought I'd just help out, but at this rate I think I'll just keep quite lol

Y15HAL cheers dude but feeling no love on this site lol ;-)

Damn every post I make on here I get shot down as a new guy, we all gotta start somewhere and this topic was about canvases so thought I'd just help out, but at this rate I think I'll just keep quite lol

Y15HAL cheers dude but feeling no love on this site lol ;-)

Trust me, it grows on you! :D

TBH your post did look to be on the fabricated ham side of things when I first saw it, and I'm afraid that it happens all the time on here so people get a bit cautious.

Bear with it and you'll fit in, although your taste in camera kit is on the dodgy side! ;) :D

canon%20smilie1.gif

DemiLion said:

TBH your post did look to be on the fabricated ham side of things when I first saw it, and I'm afraid that it happens all the time on here so people get a bit cautious.

Bear with it and you'll fit in, although your taste in camera kit is on the dodgy side! ;) :D

Huh my kit on the dodgy side! d300, 12-24mm aare great for pap work and old style 70-200mm vr is great ain't got the dough for the Mark 2 :)

Cheek :) dodge side lol

Not from a Nikon shooter, that's true. :D

you canon guys will never learn... ;)

I meant Nikon full stop!!! :p :D

Norm, you'll be the one laughing when you get your D3! ;) :D:cool::bat:

Huh my kit on the dodgy side! d300, 12-24mm aare great for pap work and old style 70-200mm vr is great ain't got the dough for the Mark 2 :)

Cheek :) dodge side lol

canon%20smilie1.gif

I thought this thread was about canvases lol :LOL:

Speaking of canvases...(and for those that have followed my tale of woe), I have a card through the door from Royal Fail today.

I wonder........no. Surely not.

:LOL:

Well...I will take back some of my comments about snapmad. It seems that it has indeed been sitting in the corner of a royal mail office for over three months. Having said that, it still doesnt account for the second one I was supposedly sent :LOL:

Oh well. Its here now. I must say though (and this isnt sour grapes..its my honest opinion) im not all that keen on the thing. Its been quite heavily cropped (i was expecting some, but not that drastic!), and it looks a bit wishy washy.

Its been quite heavily cropped (i was expecting some, but not that drastic!), and it looks a bit wishy washy.

That was one of my main gripes with the Snapmad and their website, it doesn't show you how it's going to manipulate the image to fit it on the canvas.

In the end I made sure I submitted a 20"x24" ratio image, and did the maths to ensure there'd be the correct amount of image would form the wraparound without chopping any important bits of the image out.

I was a bit worried about colour reproduction too, my monitors aren't perfectly calibrated, but the Canvas came exactly as I intended, so I was more than happy with it.

Thats kinda what I did too to allow for cropping, but i was expecting it to be centralised. It looks like its been cropped mostly from the left side. :nono:

Apart from the wee wander into newbie bashing and gear dissing I have found this thread to be most helpful so a big thank you to the OP and others that have commented.

I have had three orders from Snapmad now and have found the quality on all to be very good. I agree about the comments that the crop on the canvasses is very aggressive however I shot some portraits last weekend and deliberately left space for this cropping and found the results which arrived yesterday most satisfactory.

Colours have been very good and pretty much spot on. The posters are outstanding and the local bike shop who ordered one are delighted.

The only argument I have is the snapmad branding on the back of the canavasses. Other canvass printers offer services where your name can be added or left blank. Snapmad only offer this on small prints.

So in summary: I find Snapmad well fit for purpose and can give the average togger a way to quickly get prints to market and make a few bob along the way. For more specilaist stuff you will have to look elsewhere but hopefully you would have a client that would be prepared for the higher costs associated with that.

Not bad Snapmad! (y)

I agree, can't complain about the quality for the price. It would be acceptable for a budget client but I hate the snapmad branding. They should give you the option to have your logo on there instead.

Where's the branding? I never had any on the few I ordered last year.....

Has anyone used wallcreate? They seem to have a more professional looking site and lots of options for choosing the crop and wrap to go with it. They do a 30 x 40cm with thin frame for £19.95 + postage. Postage is just under £7 though.

I've given them a whirl with 2 photos I've wanted on canvas. Snapmad's site didn't exactly brim me with confidence that I'd get what I wanted. Thumbnails were tiny to see and wallcreate has cropping, frame and wrapping options including a white/coloured border so you could have a non wrapped photo.

Last edited:
The branding is what I would call very small. On the canvas, wrapped to the back at the bottom, in what is I guess 8 or 10 point font, they have their website address.

That is all I have seen. If you covered the back with backing tape, (which I guess you might want to do anyway if you were selling them), then this would be covered.

Canvas delvered today, very nice. £20 is excellent value for money.

p.s how do you attach it to the wall?

Canvas delvered today, very nice. £20 is excellent value for money.

p.s how do you attach it to the wall?

There should be a small bracket with it that you attach to the back of the frame... attach it so that the 'jagged' edge is facing downwards and flush with the frame - nail/screw in the wall and hang it on it so the head of the nail sits under the jagged edge and sits inside the thickness of the frame meaning it hangs flush with the wall.....

Last edited:
Wallcreate canvases arrived today. Only ordered them on Sunday! Only gripe is that one of them was supplied with hooks for attaching with picture wire but the larger one wasn't.

They have turned out exactly how I was expecting and have been cropped precisely how I chose. Considering they're both from images I took they're excellent! Smaller 12 x 8 was only £14.99 too.

Canvas with hooks for picture wire? :thinking: :LOL:

The small one came with two loops to screw into the wooden frame I'm assuming to hang with picture wire/string on a standard picture hook.

How else are you supposed to hang them?

The small one came with two loops to screw into the wooden frame I'm assuming to hang with picture wire/string on a standard picture hook.

How else are you supposed to hang them?

There are special brackets (as mentioned in earlier post above) for hanging them flush with the wall - I guess you could screw the two loops to the inside of the frame at the back so you can still hang it flush?

DekHog said:
There are special brackets (as mentioned in earlier post above) for hanging them flush with the wall - I guess you could screw the two loops to the inside of the frame at the back so you can still hang it flush?

AKA Gallery Mounts.

I shall forage in Focus as they might have the appropriate doodads. Will be easier to hang them properly with the right thing rather than try and bodge it with the loops if they won't make a good job of it. Would prefer them flush to the wall (wall allowing).

Back