2nd Attempt at field hockey shots

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

Following my first post where I got some great feedback after my first attempt at sports shots I had another crack at it. Gotta say that the weather was appalling, not raining, but very overcast and foggy. These were I think the best of the bunch. Realise that they are soft and have had to "ninja" them a bit as the iso had to be so high, also can't afford a better lens for sports (excuses,excuses) !! Grateful for any C & C as ever, the main critique I had last time around was not having enough action in the shot or story telling , so tried really hard to focus on that.

Thanks,

A

Untitled-18_640x452.jpg

Untitled-14_640x433.jpg

Untitled-12_640x431.jpg

Untitled-6634_362x480.jpg

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=43804&ppuser=10136

Hello,

Nice to see you returned to take more pictures... will try to comment a little later. Sort of in a rush at the moment.. but def. an improvement!!

It looks like that blonde on the green team and pink number 57 had quite a contest! I think you have done bloody well considering the conditions, and I really like the fact that you have managed to isolate the action whilst also including a couple of team mates/referee in the frame. I would say you have done pretty well, nice set, and as Gary has mentioned, nice legs!

these are so much better than your other set, Its in match conditions lousy weather too well done (y)

Yeps, very nice images indeed. And very much improved from the last time.

I really like the first image, you've captured the action very well.
(what sort of camera do you use, do you have continous shooting on it.. would make a great set if you would have 4 or 5 shots from this situation...)

The second image could maybe use a little tighter crop.. to remove some of the background from it. Where as the fourth image could maybe use a little more in it. Although I really like the action in that one...

THe fifth image (that for some reason is not shown in the thread) is really wel captured. Nice expressions on the players faces. Not sure if a tighter, portrait style crop would do anything for that... maybe give it a try?

I think you've really done well on these images, and at your second go at the sport !!

Looking forward to the next set of images .... (y)(y)

Back