4 Strings & 2 Curves

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
No

Nice Curves by Ian, on Flickr

My first (2 hr!) outing trying to photograph something with artificial light that isn't a person. Pretty much a disaster but lessons have been learned. At least I got one photo I liked out of it.

Need to find a way to support the guitar so I can control the background a bit better. A chair isn't cutting it, especially when it's barely wide enough to encompass the guitar itself. Quite pleased with the lighting as I was trying to emphasise the straight strings and the curves of the body.

Thanks guys. The light has caught the chair which was really the crux of the issue. Ideally, I'd want it suspended in the air for the photo I had in mind, but short of getting someone to hold it (and the bass is really quite heavy) I can't think of a viable way to do it.

That is a wonderful photograph of a musical instrument.

I like this very much, congratulations on the outcome. (y)(y)

Could you not 'cheat' and pull the chairs areas down in software?
With my skills it would look terrible. I've tried it before. The mistake was to catch the edges of the chair with the light.

One stand would topple, however two stands with a bar across and some rope round the neck... Hmmm... That's a good idea Gav, thanks.

lovely image :)

to avoid the chair, could you hold it in place with a couple of car repair suction cups on the back attached to a light stand? or gaffer taped?

Back