4000th Post celebration

Name
Bryn
Edit My Images
Yes
Well I found out today that I past my 4000th post so thought I'd do a search through some recent shots that I had yet to process.

Hope you enjoy.

1. Flipped Louse

IMG_4610
by bthomas124, on Flickr

2. Wasp

IMG_4614
by bthomas124, on Flickr

3. Trapped Wasp

IMG_5744
by bthomas124, on Flickr

4. Hover

IMG_5310-Edit
by bthomas124, on Flickr

5. Feathery Moth

IMG_5721
by bthomas124, on Flickr

6. Perched Fly

IMG_5675
by bthomas124, on Flickr

7. Milipede

IMG_5769
by bthomas124, on Flickr

8. Mite infested Slug

IMG_5767
by bthomas124, on Flickr

All comments welcome and appreciated though there might be a reason these have been left in to be processed pile lol

:ty:

Hope you enjoy.

Definitely. I particularly like the first three.

You are a prolific, and very positive, contributor to the forum Bryn, both with your own, very good, images, your information about your experiments and developments with your kit, and helpful and encouraging comments on other people's images.

Long may it continue (as long as you don't spoil it by trying to do too much :)).

Last edited:
And another 140 posts in less than 12 hours ?

Blimey

And another 140 posts in less than 12 hours ?

Blimey

Hahhaaa no not quite, I passed 4000 posts a little while back but only realised yesterday I was trying to get the thread be created on the 4000th post but forgot to keep checking.

Definitely. I particularly like the first three.

You are a prolific, and very positive, contributor to the forum Bryn, both with your own, very good, images, your information about your experiments and developments with your kit, and helpful and encouraging comments on other people's images.

Long may it continue (as long as you don't spoil it by trying to do too much :)).

Thanks Nick, you have been an inspiration when i started and so helpful it spurred me on.

Lovely shots, Bryn. 4000 posts in less than a year! Amazing!

I have close to 11,000 posts in one other forum, but that is since 2008! :D

Thanks Kurt, again your imaginary is one of the inspirations I use to keep plugging away to try and get better and better shots.

Well done Bryn, looking forward to the next 4,000. And many thanks for your help since I have started macro/close up photography.(y)

George.

Well done Bryn, looking forward to the next 4,000. And many thanks for your help since I have started macro/close up photography.(y)

George.

Thanks George and no problems it has been a pleasure also you have implanted some ideas in my brain so thanks for that. Its good to have someone actually respond to your help and use it, it is great seeing people start out and just get better and better.

I try and be a little more selective now who I help so I don't get bogged down like I did earlier in the year which Nick is referencing.

Nice Bryn. Wasp wins for me, closely followed by the millipede.

I wrote a little app to help calculate your posts per day. As of now you are averaging 14.7378602988378 posts per day, and 9.02712169557883 likes received per day.
In comparison I average 2.99134725283782 posts, and 1.20522811614724 likes.

Nice Bryn. Wasp wins for me, closely followed by the millipede.

I wrote a little app to help calculate your posts per day. As of now you are averaging 14.7378602988378 posts per day, and 9.02712169557883 likes received per day.
In comparison I average 2.99134725283782 posts, and 1.20522811614724 likes.

Yay statistics.... lol

So we are on par for usefulness... :)

Last edited:
I have only been around this forum for a very short time, but i appreciate and learn from all of your critique on my pictures and others. And your pictures are always enjoyable to look at as well as being of high quality.
A couple of the ones above are not up to your own high standards but would be considered great by most of us. :)

I have only been around this forum for a very short time, but i appreciate and learn from all of your critique on my pictures and others. And your pictures are always enjoyable to look at as well as being of high quality.
A couple of the ones above are not up to your own high standards but would be considered great by most of us. :)

I've only been around since Jan, I'm glad that you feel that I have been a help, it is amazing how quick who want to improve do improve.

You're right these are not some of my best work hence I left them in my unedited folder, I think they have been shot with my various setups and diffusion projects so results will vary.

Superb set Bryn, excellent 4000th post :)

Excellent set again Bryn
amazing that you take that many macro shots and they are all very high quality
of this set the wasp is my favourite it's superb

Great stuff - looks like the louse was celebrating too much for you :)

Thanks the 'Sherry' was the drink too far for it :)

Nice set of macro's.

Thanks Jackie much appreciated.

Excellent set again Bryn
amazing that you take that many macro shots and they are all very high quality
of this set the wasp is my favourite it's superb

Cheers Pete, not had an awful amount of time for Macro recently need to get some blooming Globbies under my belt.

Cheers Pete, not had an awful amount of time for Macro recently need to get some blooming Globbies under my belt.

know what you mean I haven't either but I do like to do something different in the winter am doing zoo stuff at the moment
am going to try to see the panda cubs at Chester zoo over the next couple of days:)

know what you mean I haven't either but I do like to do something different in the winter am doing zoo stuff at the moment
am going to try to see the panda cubs at Chester zoo over the next couple of days:)

Awesome, good luck as you probably know the Red Panda's and I don't see eye to eye lol See them once every 5-6 visits.

Dare I say that is a louse( y ) opening image? :D
Nice set Bryn, congrats on passing 4K (y)

the Red Panda's and I don't see eye to eye
:whistle: :D

Awesome, good luck as you probably know the Red Panda's and I don't see eye to eye lol See them once every 5-6 visits.

Thanks Bryn yes they can be frustrating little beggars:D
I've only had one brief glimpse of one of the cubs in four visits
I do always see the adults though they are normally asleep up the tree!

:D

Back