7dayshop.. Crap customer service.. avoid tbh

Edit My Images
Yes
Well they say the quality of a shop is judged by its after sales support and 7dayshop seem to be an epic disaster atm. I've been repeated asking them for refund on two orders which went missing in the post. It happened when the strikes were on and I don't think its coming now. Neither have any sort of tracking.

Replies to my emails have not been properly answered and I am yet to see a refund. Has anyone had any luck with these cowboys?

sid

Used them a few times, never any problems. Delivery within a week every time.

I had a delivery yesterday from 20 days ago

Never had any problem with them in 5 years! refunds (when needed) were prompt and no fuss. Even exchanged a couple of faulty CF cards after 8 months use with no problem! Give it a little while longer with the strike still being active, apparently there are several million items backlogged!!

It's got to be the company themselves, not the postal system. I've had channel island orders delivered within 48hrs recently.

Never had any problem with them in 5 years! refunds (when needed) were prompt and no fuss. Even exchanged a couple of faulty CF cards after 8 months use with no problem! Give it a little while longer with the strike still being active, apparently there are several million items backlogged!!

I've been to the local depot, and they said its most likely lost now, theres no backlogs in this part of london according to them, and that was like 10 days ago now.

Theres obviously no problems with them if you get the item (as is the case with any retailer)

I'm complaining that they are aren't replying promptly or being helpful with this refund.

Had a similar problem with them a couple of years ago with an order taking weeks and had much the same response (or lack of). It hasn't stopped me using them but it was frustrating at the time. Give it another week and then speak to your credit card company.

I've been to the local depot, and they said its most likely lost now, theres no backlogs in this part of london according to them,

If it's got a forwarding address on it it should be delivered even after the strike, the word "Lost" sounds like nicked.

That was a bit of a slack statement from a National post company :shake:

I have had many orders from 7dayshop, and have found them 100% reliable.

I'm sorry to hear you had problems but it is very unfair to label them shonky when it could be an R.M. problem.

I think it's a wee bit unfair to blame a retailer for something that is outwith their control. If they hadn't shipped the item then fair enough, but it sounds more like your beef is with the Royal Mail.

Just out of interest, if they do give you a refund and the goods turn up, are you going to return them, or repay the money?

I have had many orders from 7dayshop, and have found them 100% reliable.

I'm sorry to hear you had problems but it is very unfair to label them shonky when it could be an R.M. problem.

It is an a RM problem that it got lost but its the retailers fault for using RM not mine. If you actually read the thread, I'm sayign they were being slow on the refund and comms.

Anyways, They've said a refund is on the way. I don't know how long that will take though. Will keep this thread updated. I don't think I'm gonna buy from them anymore as its not really worth the hassle anymore tbh

sid

From Royal Mail website,
"Compensation for loss will not be considered for an item that Royal Mail has not delivered or attempted to deliver until after 15 working days for items other than Special Delivery™ Next Day (not posted on account),
or 10 working days for Special Delivery™ Next Day"

So, 15 WORKING days before you can claim = 3 weeks + several WORKING days at least before getting a reply from Royal Mail, you are talking at LEAST 1 month before getting a refund! Based on personal experience, this is not unusual!
I hope it arrives mate, but if not I am sure they will sort it for you! Again based on personal experience.

I have also used 7dayshop for many years now and shudder to think how much I have spent with them, I ordered some batteries and CF cards on Friday so I will let you know if they don't appear. Usually very good though.

J

Ive never had a problem with 7dayshop always A1 as far as im concerned(y)

I have ordered from 7days before and never had a problem. The situation is not helped by RM and dont forget there may not be any other alternatives in Jersey where they are based. However I agree they should reply more promptly.

I've never had a problem with them to be honest over the years and to be fair they can't even track a 'mis delivery' officially with RM until 15 days have passed. So I think calling them cowboys just because they 'delayed' in giving you a refund a bit overly harsh.

Used them loads over the years. Never had a problem. Delivery a little slow sometimes but hey thats snail mail!

Royal Mail really are Royal Fail these days, the strikes have caused massive backlogs.
They've managed to lose 50 quids worth of CD's that I sent to music magpie 3 weeks ago.
God only knows how they can lose such a big box!
A cheque posted to me the middle of last week has still yet arrive.

A month is like 1/12th of a year wasted chasing up delivery/refund.

I guess I just don't have as much time as you lot.

sid

You seem to be the only one with a real problem, there's **** going on with the RM at the moment, take a chill pill.

Just go somewhere else from now on, why are you going on and on and on about this :thinking:

You seem to be the only one with a real problem, there's **** going on with the RM at the moment, take a chill pill.

Just go somewhere else from now on, why are you going on and on and on about this :thinking:

BEcause I'm getting frustrated with people saying its fine cos they've had no problems. Thats a utterly pointless statement in this thread about their CS when thing go wrong.

anyways on another note, RM failure means that a large number of shops are now not usable like ebay, play.com .

I've just heard amazon have changed to home delivery network as well. good stuff as I'm gonna buy from them again.

sid

I NEED TO TALK TO A MOD PLEASE CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO
JUST GOT IN AND CANT DO LOADS OF THINKS AND NO ONE HAS SAID WHY ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Click on the rules link at the top bar of the forum and press one of the numerous 'contact us' links.

Not really, we are trying to offer balance saying that things rarely go wrong. You seem to have a problem with their CS but are being unreasonable in your expectations as there is nothing they can do about it until RM complete their investigation (usually a week to two after the 15 day threshold.

Regards,

Mark

BEcause I'm getting frustrated with people saying its fine cos they've had no problems. Thats a utterly pointless statement in this thread about their CS when thing go wrong.

anyways on another note, RM failure means that a large number of shops are now not usable like ebay, play.com .

I've just heard amazon have changed to home delivery network as well. good stuff as I'm gonna buy from them again.

sid

I don't quite understand why people are being so self-righteous about it. Sure, most of the time everything arrives with no problems, but there are occasions when it doesn't, and in those occasions their customer service is really nothing to boast about! I had a particular problem with one of my orders, and it really wasn't the time in which the refund took to be sorted etc etc but rather that in three replies I was told three different things, either by three people who did not care to check the records, or by one extremely confused individual. Its really not the nicest to have to deal with something like that. Luckily they deal with relatively low cost items, so someone on the receiving end of any problems is more likely to mark it off as a nuisance, than a "ripoff". If a HK retailer has waited a month to refund you for a £1000 lens lost in transit, i'm betting there will be a lot of "avoid!"s "scam!"s "evil!"s. So why the difference in standards?

To be fair though, they are rather uhm competitively priced, so peanuts and monkeys, yeah? :shrug:

If 7day shop controlled the postal service then yes slag them off, but it doesnt so why give them a bad name:shrug: they offer us good bargains and a decent service which is not brilliant but its above average, yet when things go wrong with the carrier like RM people are fast to blame the supplier and not the guilty party it all just looks like a bit of mud slinging really and I use 7 day shop on a regular basis and have had to wait for delivery but it was due to RM........ NOT 7 day shop.

They get my(y)

I will never use them again, after waiting 3 weeks for something. When I emailed after 10 days asking to cancel, they did not read the email properly and I had to email 3 times until they actually took note of what I was saying.

Very slow delivery, and poor customer service

I have shipped around 300 parcels by royal mail in the last 5 weeks, there are many that still havn`t arrived, the postal service is shocking. I have had many orders from 7dayshop and not had a problem, but having said that I have never needed to contact them so never used their customer support. :(

I have also used 7dayshop for many years now and shudder to think how much I have spent with them, I ordered some batteries and CF cards on Friday so I will let you know if they don't appear. Usually very good though.

J

Shudder to think how much you spent....Shudder more if you hadnt used them...especially when a camera battery is £5 from them and £55 from the camera manufacturer.

Used a fair few times both myself and my goodlady not the speedyist at times but on the whole my experiance has been good and the sensa shakers have been the best purchases ever from them.

Unfortunatly you have to wait 4 weeks before making a claim, and yes a good deal of stuff goes addrift shal we say in the mail....allegedly...

For online orders now I generally try to always select a courier and get it delivered to work. Always someone here to sign for it so I never miss it, and it's just hassle free with no royal fail sillyness. With regard to sending packages out to someone, I will use the online couriers that pick up from you. I'd suggest taking a look at parcel2go, parcelmonkey etc as they pick up from you and deliver to your recipient for very reasonable prices normally.

Back