A couple from Glencoe

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
No
Great set of images Martin
The depth to that final image is amazing.

Great set of images Martin The depth to that final image is amazing.

The depth to all image is amazing! +1
Groovy renditions Martin!

Brilliant selection of images Martin. Very jealous of the scenery you have to play with, so different to what we have down south!

Great work, each one unique and very much away from the cliche.
Gorgeous pallete, rich colours.
Very different views, really enjoyed those.

Thanks folks :)

@Joeturner11 likewise, especially so because I literally froze my b*****ks off for that after falling through the snow into the water waist deep walking out to this spot before first light....made it worthwhile in the end :)

An excellent set of landscape images Martin, simply awesome! Very inspiring....! The Samyang lenses are truly excellent for the (little) money.

Regards;
Peter

Last edited:
An excellent set of landscape images Martin, simply awesome! Very inspiring....! The Samyang lenses are truly excellent for the (little) money.

Regards;
Peter
Thanks Peter. Yeah I love the 14mm 2.8 Samyang, I mainly use it for astro stuff, but it came in handy for shot number 4 :)

@AdamSi Thank you :)

A joy to view them all, excellent set of images of an outstanding setting, just a tad jealous as it is so far away :)

Awesome as always Martin.

Fantastic collection. I really couldn't choose a favourite as all are great!!

1 is easily the best. Nothing beats a snow covered landscape at dawn, its a great view in great conditions. Love it.
2 and 3. Not sold. The conditions are depressing and whilst your compositions and exposures are good, I just don't feel theres a take home moment there.
4. Like above but praise worthy of the way you've balanced a scene with such dynamic range, and for an exciting composition. It needs snow to work, lots of it.

Great images but No.4 is outstanding. You have captured lovely depth in that picture and it really leads you in to it. How did you manage to do that?

Great set, but the first image is sublime.

Great images but No.4 is outstanding. You have captured lovely depth in that picture and it really leads you in to it. How did you manage to do that?

I guess it's all down to composition, a strong foreground interest with the rest of the scene literally leading away from you, and shot with an ultra wide angle lens (14mm on a full frame body) pushes the scene even further. That, or pure luck ;) lol

@ST4 I guess what depresses one excites another. I know you only head out when there's chance of light and reflections, those conditions, whilst are said to be perfect, I guess it's down to the person there, as they tend to bore me..... 'depressing' as you call it.....Highlands weather as I call it, and just being out there whatever the weather, is still what it's about for me. Coincidentally, 1 and 3 were shot about 40 minutes apart on the same morning.

That's not a dig, you know I respect your opinions, but what suits one, doesn't always suit another :)

It hasn't made it yet, but it might do soon enough. I've got the print done already, I just need to sort out framing it, but work gets in the way, and customers frames before my own etc etc lol!

@ST4 I guess what depresses one excites another. I know you only head out when there's chance of light and reflections, those conditions, whilst are said to be perfect, I guess it's down to the person there, as they tend to bore me..... 'depressing' as you call it.....Highlands weather as I call it, and just being out there whatever the weather, is still what it's about for me. Coincidentally, 1 and 3 were shot about 40 minutes apart on the same morning.

That's not a dig, you know I respect your opinions, but what suits one, doesn't always suit another :)

This is all opinions and aye, I love light and reflections and good fair weather. Getting it all come together, thats what does it for me. You can get good days in the highlands, not often but when you do, its pure class. 1 is just much better than 3. Much more snow and those dawn colours just make it, especially as the snow has picked up the subtle blues of dawn. The subject is more appealing. Sorry to use the word depressing again but the farm buidling, low clouds etc just feel down beat. 1 just looks and feels good. It makes you want to be there. 3 does the opposite...for me...

Last edited:
Oh I'm not disputing the fact 1 is the strongest image, by far, nor the fact we do get good days in the highlands....but when in Rome and all that. :)

Did you go up in the off chance of a good day. I done that...I can do depressing too...forecasts were wrong in my case and was livid to be greeted with this and not the condtions you got in 1

The view from Chrulaiste by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

I had the light in mind in your first image for the view at the top of Chrulaiste...

Last edited:
Absolutely "Awesome" set of images Martin @Steelo , nothing really more to be said.(y)

George.

Did you go up in the off chance of a good day. I done that...I can do depressing too...forecasts were wrong in my case and was livid to be greeted with this and not the condtions you got in 1

The view from Chrulaiste by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

I had the light in mind in your first image for the view at the top of Chrulaiste...

I go up to spend time in my most favourite place. I don't do livid, pointless, as we can't control the weather, i'll go up with the chance of moody skies over 'good weather' if it's just another trip up for the sake of it. If I want a specific shot, like in number 1, I'll go when the forecast is favourable of course.

@G.K.Jnr. Thank you very much George :)

I go up to spend time in my most favourite place. I don't do livid, pointless, as we can't control the weather, i'll go up with the chance of moody skies over 'good weather' if it's just another trip up for the sake of it. If I want a specific shot, like in number 1, I'll go when the forecast is favourable of course.

@G.K.Jnr. Thank you very much George :)

I love Glencoe, I just love it when its got nice weather. I had a specific shot in mind, and the met office forecast was well, wrong. Still, the walk in itself was nice but as a picture taking oppertunity wasn't my ideals.

I love Glencoe, I just love it when its got nice weather. I had a specific shot in mind, and the met office forecast was well, wrong. Still, the walk in itself was nice but as a picture taking oppertunity wasn't my ideals.

It was wrong because it's the Met Office! lol!

Reactions: ST4
A great set of 4 images Martin. All slightly different to the usual shots taken in this area. I concur with a lot of the previous comments,
My favourite would be number 4, yes I know there's no snow, but snows not a pre-requisite for a great image.
The colours, sense of depth and the strong composition make this a fabulous shot and this would be the one I would be putting on the wall.

Back