A few taken in France

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
I took a trip to France last August with my girlfriend. Due to work commitments and what have you I've only just managed to get round to getting them onto Flickr.

4254379449_22548c37a4.jpg

4240623765_ae85772e39_o.jpg

4240484835_43506ed831_o.jpg

4241208680_c5dccbfc91.jpg

4241153662_f53a3e1a67_o.jpg

4182322551_d61505fc4c_o.jpg

Your views are comments are more than welcome.

Dave.

Thanks for your reply. I wanted to get more lavender in the shot rather than sky, I just preferred it for some reason. When I had the building in the middle of the shot it didn't look right for some reason.

Thanks again.

1. - really like this
2. - really like this too - could the colours be boosted a tiny bit more perhaps though?
3. - interesting composition, and good DoF - but for some reason the bikes don't work as the background to it for me
4. - again really like this, the burnt out area of the building just spoils it though
5. - I'm not sure about this one I'm afraid, looks a little bland to me
6. - far better composition ;o)
7. - very nice, lost a tiny bit of detail with the exposure from the light though
8. - again, very nice - is there more colour lurking in there though waiting to come out?!

Thank you for your comments muppetdave.

With no.2, raising the colours anymore and the whole thing looks too warm. You can already see at the bottom of the boat where the blues are at their max I think...
3. I'd agree on the bikes, they did ruin the shot slightly but it's all I had to work with, so many people around that day.
5. I'd agree with that, not the best of shots.
8. My skills in Photoshop aren't that advanced I'm afraid, I need more practice!

Thanks again for the comments. I think I definitely need to work on my composition to make my shots more interesting.

Cheers

Dave

Very nice. I do miss France ut will be back there for my hols in the summer! Can't wait.

All very nice- where in France are they?

John

Various places. Some were taken in La Rochelle, others taken on the island of Il de Rey at a place called La Flotte.

Would love to go back, weather was amazing.

Thanks for the comments.

David,

Great shots - you've captured the summertime essence of the place really well. #7 was instantly recognisable - the fortified entrance to the old port in La Rochelle.

It's fairly local to me but we only seem to get over there once or twice a year. Some similar pics that I've tagged from that area.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bellebouche/tags/larochelle/

Adrian, thank you for your feedback.

It's an amazing place. Seeing some of your pics certainly brings it back. I'll definitely be making the time to go back, this time knowing a little bit more about photography than the last time.

Thanks again

Back