A few Water Drops

Name
Dale
Edit My Images
Yes
I've made some modifications to my drop set-up to make it less likely to move out of alignment with my drop trigger than my previous Heath Robinson set-up did so these are the results of some quick tests.

HRtq3.jpg

5Hkiv.jpg

dK7pB.jpg

oiLzk.jpg

The first 6 show its working well.
Nowt wrong with Heath Robinson, you just have to know the limits of blu-tack and electrical tape ;-)
What's your set-up?

The first 6 show its working well.
Nowt wrong with Heath Robinson, you just have to know the limits of blu-tack and electrical tape ;-)
What's your set-up?

It’s a very basic set-up I’m waiting for the drip solenoid before I make a better layout.
Please excuse the messy desk I couldn’t be bothered to tidy it up for the photos.

I use several different sizes of homemade clear acrylic trays as water containers as I like to fill these to the top edge and photograph from the side. I also like how the light can come in from underneath the splash. I have tried solid containers but I find it easier to get a more even light with these clear containers.

3u7rJ.jpg

I have just recently made this from a sheet of acrylic to support the tube with the air valve that I use to create the drips. I found my previous version moved easily when I adjusted the valve. This setup of drilling holes for a metal tube makes it much more stable placing the water bottle on it also helps. The blue tack is there just as a precaution it isn’t really needed depends on how tightly the tube fits in the holes.

qtCVS.jpg

Nz1AR.jpg

The drip trigger is held in place with a retort stand.
I use opal acrylic sheets to act as flash diffusers for the 2 SB-900 flashes that I use.

h7fAL.jpg

Back