A guide for photography at Oulton Park.

Awesome piece of work Matt, well done for taking the time to do it. You did miss a couple of angles out though, like at the crest of Hilltop and coming through Dentons :LOL:

Was at Oulton on Saturday.

Have to say I was frustrated by my lack of focal length and got a little jealous of those with the 'media' bibs

That's a great guide Matt. Have you thought of trying to make a bit of cashj out of this? I know you've created it for the general good of eveyone, but why not turn it into a small book. Blurb for example do very cheap small hand books, but they look really proffesional, think they only cost about £3 or so each and you could probably sell them as pocket books for a fiver. I know its not going to make you a millionaire but every little helps. Being a pocket book means people could just bung it in their camera bags when they go there, also a bit more harwaring than printing it yourself. I'd buy one (although you'd have to get rid of the watermarks !!!)
Great effort though and really very useful. So when's the one on Brands coming out !!!

I've only got an ickle 105mm :dummy:

With a bit of imagination, you can still get great shots with that :)

You could have got a really scenic Lodge building shot, shots at the top of Dear Leap, along the startline, Dentons and cascades. Also with a bit of imagination, some at Druids, Clay Hill and basically everywhere!

It is not the size, it is how you use it ;)

if you think brands is bad for fencing i doubt you will be happy at any circuit as i never found brands to have any problems and oulton is just as good for pictures.

You you talking about Brands Hatch or another Brands? lol, other than the GP circuit and a small section at clearways is pretty much fencing all the way around.

There is even a double fence on the entry to druids now so no more shooting through the gap in the fence like before.

You you talking about Brands Hatch or another Brands? lol, other than the GP circuit and a small section at clearways is pretty much fencing all the way around.

There is even a double fence on the entry to druids now so no more shooting through the gap in the fence like before.

compared to silverstone brands is a dream and there is plenty of spots around the indy circuit to get shots from.

I've been going to Oulton and taking shots since I was about 13 - in fact, it's probably one of the first things I photographed and one of the reasons I got into Photography.

Cracking guide, thanks for taking the time to create it!

Thanks Matt. I'm going down there this weekend to watch the last round of the BSB, I'm sure this will come in very handy I plan to study it later today. :clap::clap:

Grafix

Cracking guide Matt (y)
One quick question though... you keep mentioning "crossing the track", whereabouts on the circuit can you do this? The only place I can see on the MSV map is Warwick Bridge. Are they're any other tunnels/bridges around the track that the public can use? If not, I guess I'm gonna be doing some walking at the weekend!!

EDIT - Oops, just spotted the foot bridge at Clay Hill, and is there a tunnel at Lodge?

Are there any others?

Last edited:
Cracking guide Matt (y)
One quick question though... you keep mentioning "crossing the track", whereabouts on the circuit can you do this? The only place I can see on the MSV map is Warwick Bridge. Are they're any other tunnels/bridges around the track that the public can use? If not, I guess I'm gonna be doing some walking at the weekend!!

EDIT - Oops, just spotted the foot bridge at Clay Hill, and is there a tunnel at Lodge?

Are there any others?

Thank you very much, glad you found it helpful :D

As for crossing, Warwick Bridge will take you out of the circuit. That bridge is the main entrance :)

At Lodge, they open a crossing after each session and you walk across the circuit with the guidance of Phil and Bill :D

There is also Clayhil, as you said. On bigger meetings, the avenue is open but wont be for the rest of this year due to all the big ones going!

hi matt, photos are great .please could you tell me were you took the bsb photo no 263 .as i am going next week end to wiral 100 with my dad and would like to take some pics. thanks matt johnston aged 12

Hiya mate.

Ah that one! You wont be able to get that angle I am afraid. It is only accesable by Media accredited photographers only and you are to young :( There are plenty more angles avalaible, though!

Really like the Cadwell shots on your gallery :)

Big help to a Oulton Park Virgin cheers Matt.Oulton Park guide very helpful

Last edited:
Ah, but wheres the best burger vans and unsmelliest lavvies - lol

Superb bit of work, must have taken forever........ 10/10

Tom

great guide matt i'll be using this tomorrow!

Good job there Matt.

Why don't you do the same for all the circuits and compile a book, reckon it would sell especially to newcomers of whom there are many.

Top job!

Tony

Although very familiar with oulton park, this is a brilliant guide and will be making use of it in a couple of weeks for the Masters event

top work

Back