a scam?

Name
rick
Edit My Images
Yes
put my 10D on ebay yesterday, got this today

Hello,
Am interested in this your item listed on eBay and i will like to buy it for my friend abroad so i will like you to get back to me with the total cost of the item and i want you to know that i will be adding £100 for the shipping cost,so i will like you to get back to me with your PayPal email address or your bank details like this:
Full Name:
Bank name:
Account Number:
so please get back to me as soon as possible so that i can make the payment for it and i will like you to end the auction now and i will like to know if you have more than one of this item...

Adam Smith

told him to give me his bank details /paypal details do you think he will get in touch :LOL:

good afternoon madam......... I am calling from your bank can i get......... the fonejacker comes to mind, SCAM for sure!

Well, it's not the way I ask if sellers if they will send abroad (to france) or what it's going to cost!
I certainly would not give him/her/it my bank details.

Tara

SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM!!!!

Cant believe you even had to ask :LOL:

Well you'll probably get a little further then arrange payment by Western Union money transfer and all will be sold!

NOT! Be careful, it is a scam and this method of scamming has been around for a surprisingly long time

You will find that they will want it shipped to a foreign address. They will send the money via paypal but it will be held by paypal until you confirm it's been sent. Once you have confirmed it they will send a little bit more and because it doesn't match the original transaction amount PayPal won't release the funds and you need to contact the seller to remove the extra amount - which they won't and ultimately no money will be released but the camera will be making its way to Nigeria. :(

gacopy.jpg

Dont even bother playing along. Honestly, just forget about it and move on.

ARRRGGGGGHH why do they do this! you give them your paypal address to pay, then they send you an email from 'paypal' *** submasked, telling you you have been paid! you check your paypal and it's not there!

They have to give in at some point surely???

there's loads of them winning bids on ebay too then closing account down immediatley and saying they've closed for other reasons.

Wonder how many people are falling for this still!!!

they need shooting!

REALLY gets me angry, they've tried it 4 times on me now!

tell him to send you £100 first as a 'trust' payment, once you have that cash in your hand you will alow him to buy the camera at the stated price and use the £100 for shipping.

scam the scammer lol

I have worked in Nigeria for the past two years. Personally, I don't trust most of the locals as corruption in one form or another seems to be a way of life. Granted, theres about 150 million people in Nigeria and they can't all be bad ( can they?), and some parts are allegedly very nice. However, the small parts that I have seen are being run into the ground by the local governments which have been mis-spending and syphoning off public money since the country was handed back from a British collony nearly 50 years ago.

Back