A smaller UK and what you want from it as a member of it

Yes...please feel free to give us an example of a politician who can be trusted :LOL:

George Washington was relatively trustworthy - reportedly he could not tell a lie , it was he who felled the cherry tree.

and actually Margaret thatcher *spits* okay so you could trust her to be a border line fascist , but she did what she said she'd do , and you knew where you stood (albeit in the dole queue)

You know what they say, to err is to be human,
but it takes a computer Govenerment to really f*** things up.

Besides its only a couple of quid, nothing to worry about ;)

• At the end of June 2014, public sector net debt (excluding financial interventions (PSND ex) was £1,304.6 billion, equivalent to 77.3% of gross domestic product.
  • Source: ONS [1. ONS public sector finances ] [This figure excludes temporary effects of financial interventions (PSND ex) (page updated Aug 12th 2014)
http://www.economicshelp.org/blog/334/uk-economy/uk-national-debt/

It would be better if UKIP and the conservatives disappeared and then we could have a liberal/labour alliance.

i SUSPECT THAT AFTER A YES VOTE YOU WOULD SEE THE CONSERVATIVES IMPLODING - THE PARTY THAT LOST THE UNION - AND THEM SPLITING INTO A RIGHTWING MERGER WITH ukip, AND A CENTERIST MERGER WITH THE lIBDEMS , lABOUR WOULD BE A SPENT FORCE WITHOUTH sCOTLAND , BUT YOU COULD SEE ANOTHER MERGER WITH LEFT WING lIB DEMS WHO HAVE LEFT IN DISGUST AT THE MERGER WITH THE TORIES. i ALSO SUSPECT YOU'D SEE A LOT MORE INDEPENDENTS , AND FREQUENTLY HUNG PARLIMENTS.

edit - b*****ks , left the capslock on , but the hell with it I'm not retyping all that

We would be completely stuffed (even more so than now) if governments could only spend money we actually had. I think every government I have known has borrowed money.

I would like to know who countries borrow money from though!

Steve.
Oh of course take the very literal interpretation :sigh: there is nothing wrong with responsible borrowing for investment. However borrowing to plug structural deficits is not a good way forward.

You know what they say, to err is to be human,
but it takes a computer Govenerment to really f*** things up.

Besides its only a couple of quid, nothing to worry about ;)

• At the end of June 2014, public sector net debt (excluding financial interventions (PSND ex) was £1,304.6 billion, equivalent to 77.3% of gross domestic product.
  • Source: ONS [1. ONS public sector finances ] [This figure excludes temporary effects of financial interventions (PSND ex) (page updated Aug 12th 2014)
http://www.economicshelp.org/blog/334/uk-economy/uk-national-debt/
And does that figure actually include the pension liabilities or were those trillions hidden of book by labour at the time ;)

And does that figure actually include the pension liabilities or were those trillions hidden of book by labour at the time ;)
Oh There is no doubt in my mind that its the abridged version ;)

UK gov is not just borrowing, they're magic-ing money out of thin air and using it to pay the loan interest. Quantitative easing.

something a Scottish government will have to do even more so - as their credit rating would be a lot worse than AA+ , so their loan interest would thus be higher

I would also like to see the Scottish people who work on defence programs south of the border frog marched off site.
(joking aside this may well happen as the rules around foreign workers on uk or us programs is very strict and quite clear... )

something a Scottish government will have to do even more so - as their credit rating would be a lot worse than AA+ , so their loan interest would thus be higher

Best keep this thread for rUk.

I would also like to see the Scottish people who work on defence programs south of the border frog marched off site.
(joking aside this may well happen as the rules around foreign workers on uk or us programs is very strict and quite clear... )

I thought people from the EU (assuming Scotland is admitted) could work anywhere in the EU - for secret work they'd just need a security clearance and to sign the official secrets act. Unless we actually go to war with Scotland I can't see expulsion being necessary

If they give East European criminals SIA licences why not let decent law abiding Scots work on secret stuff :)

I thought people from the EU (assuming Scotland is admitted) could work anywhere in the EU - for secret work they'd just need a security clearance and to sign the official secrets act. Unless we actually go to war with Scotland I can't see expulsion being necessary

Not when it comes to defence programs.
Generally speaking for us/uk stuff if your not a uk or us citizen you cant get clearance to work... unless your country buys in to the program eg Australia, turkey who have ordered JSFs can work on the program, but you will be restricted in what you see.

If they give East European criminals SIA licences why not let decent law abiding Scots work on secret stuff :)

If your no longer part of "our" nation why would you be allowed to work on our security stuff?

Look at it this way, would you want another foreign nation knowing your military secrets?

If your no longer part of "our" nation why would you be allowed to work on our security stuff?

Look at it this way, would you want another foreign nation knowing your military secrets?

I was kidding, our workers will all be too busy working on our own super duper secret stuff.

I was kidding, our workers will all be too busy working on our own super duper secret stuff.

Hugh - I've just seen your last post in "the other" thread, and now this.

You do realise they're comes a time when it's best just to keep quiet?

Hugh - I've just seen your last post in "the other" thread, and now this.

You do realise they're comes a time when it's best just to keep quiet?

It's a forum Simon, don't be daft, where would TPF be if everybody just kept quiet?

It's a forum Simon, don't be daft, where would TPF be if everybody just kept quiet?

Yeah, I understand that.

But, as an interested observer, you're posts over the last few days have been doing you no favours. I just thought you might like to know that.

You know my feelings about the whole affair, even if you have ignored all my points, but I don't like to see anyone embarrass themselves.

I don't like to see anyone embarrass themselves.

well apart from that guy who thinks that everything is pixelography ... seeing him dig a deeper and deeper hole is f*****g hysterical

Scotl;and has a top secret plan to build a rocket system based on neeps and tatties... it will be known as a spud missile :coat:

did anyone else see the write up on the yes/no debate in this weeks private eye ? to whit

private eye said:
There were incredible scenes in Scotland last night as two grown men had a furious argument and started shouting at each other with a crowd baying them on. Witnesses in Glasgow were shocked to the core when the disagreement didn't end in any violence whatsoever. Said one of the crowd " they should be ashamed of themselves I don't know how they can call themselves true Scotsmen , they clearly hated each other but not a single punch was thrown , I couldn't believe my eyes" Said another " neither of them was making any sense , which is usually a sign that someone is about to get a bottle in the face. I can't tell you how disappointed everyone was when it just ended in a limp handshake" As the two bitter opponents were parted police asked each to make a statement , and ten hours later really wished they hadn't

Scotl;and has a top secret plan to build a rocket system based on neeps and tatties... it will be known as a spud missile :coat:

It was going to be a spud gun but the parts for it went missing in Iraq

ba ba boom!

The way the polls are looking we are only a heartbeat away of becoming a Federal state. Even Yorkshire want to govern themselves now.

if we are dealing in accuracies rather than badinage , most of the supergun parts got stopped by British customs- but were destined for Iraq - Iran had bugger all to do with it.

This is correct. There is part of this is at the Royal Artillery Museum of 'Firepower' - originally shown as a section of oil pipe on the export paperwork ! - interestingly though unlike most artillery pieces the barrel does not have any lands or groves. It's smooth bore.

I read somewhere that American has alledgedly built a supergun capable of firing shells at mach 7 - I wonder what they want it for ? (although knowing the murkins its cos they can , and they'll soon be teaching 9 year olds to fire it at gun fairs)

I read somewhere that American has alledgedly built a supergun capable of firing shells at mach 7 - I wonder what they want it for ? (although knowing the murkins its cos they can , and they'll soon be teaching 9 year olds to fire it at gun fairs)

The railgun?

The theory has been around since the early 1900s, the Nazis almost had a functioning one and it's now almost at operational stage (I think the UK is also involved in its current development).

Edit: A video and more info:
http://breakingdefense.com/2014/04/...ake-mach-7-shots-at-sea-in-2016-adm-greenert/
http://www.popsci.com/military-aviation-space/article/2008-02/navy-tests-32-megajoule-railgun

Last edited:
Back