A wee trip to Skye

Name
Mark Littlejohn
Edit My Images
No
Six from a wee trip to Skye last month with some good pals. Weather was a wee bit bland but great to just get out and take photos with some like minded folk. It does make a huge difference to your enthusiasm when you can just comfortably rabbit on about photography without someone just going "yes dear" at the end of each sentence.

#1, #5 and #6 for me ... I very much like the image of Neist Point, it was one that I couldn't get the light for when we were there.

These are excellent. 2nd last one is sublime.

Fantastic set Mark. For me the best is number 5 by a country mile, wonderful contrast and depth giving great impact. You should be very proud. :)

Jeff.

Cheers folks

Especially appreciate the comments on #5. Its certainly my favourite and the one from the trip that I would call a 'keeper'. Got it in a roundabout way but more or less what I had in mind when I went.

I'm pleased it's what you were hoping to achieve from the trip. To reuse Dougie's word, number 5 is sublime, it really is fantastic. Love the atmospheric conditions going towards the back of the frame. I'd get a big print of it up on the wall.

A fabulous set. No 5 is my favourite as well, a very foreboding atmosphere.

No 5
Wow.
Almost alien in atmosphere.

Brilliant set...........number five is just outstanding! I'm off to Skye in February next year for a week with a couple of mates.........can't wait!!

Cheers again folks

I'd go back again in a minute Crusher. Huge amount of choice.

Nice pictures Eljay.
Very envious, would love to have the time to spend taking photo's in such a fantastic location.

Neist is sensational :love:

These are beautiful. Would love to know the locations. 3 and 5 are my absolute favourites. Amazing atmosphere. The weather didn't seem to cause you any problems in putting this beautiful set together.

Very impressive set of images, hard to choose a favourite but 1 and 5 are particularly striking

Congratulations, wonderful set. I'm off to Skye at the beginning of January - I'd be happy if I could get just one image to match the quality of what you have posted from my week long stay. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers again folks

These are beautiful. Would love to know the locations. 3 and 5 are my absolute favourites. Amazing atmosphere. The weather didn't seem to cause you any problems in putting this beautiful set together.

First is the bog standard view of the Old Man of Storr - taken from a wee ledge off the front of the wee hillock at the far end.

Second is looking over Raasay towards Kyle of Localsh from the ridge above the the Old Man - Bumped into John Gibbs from Norfolk near this spot. Excellent photographer.

Third is from a spot looking over Loch Fada towards the Old Man of Storr - it was a bonny view but I looked behind me, saw the power lines and the different shades and light and shot this instead. Coincidentally I bumped into Bob Garragus as I walked back down towards the car. Another excellent photographer.

Fourth is at Sligachan - maybe 10 minutes walk from the hotel. A wqee bit generic but a beautiful spot to watch the sun go down.

Fifth is the Quirang - from the edge of one of the wee hummocks on the front left which I ran up and down trying to get the right spot.

Sixth is Neist Point but from the top of the lower cliffs. A bit of a scary spot to be honest as its very steep and ends in a sheer cliff dropping into the sea. My mate was sat with his legs dangling over the edge. Better viewpoint than the top cliffs in my opinion as the lighthouse and the cliffs break the horizon instead of coinciding with it.

Thank you for sharing Eljay. I really appreciate that. I've only been to Skye a few times and always a flying visit. I really want to explore the West side of the island as I've not ventured that far before.

Lovely stuff.

I like them all but the Quirang shot steals the show for me.

It's almost a shame for shots 1 through 5 because 6 is simply stunning. Like I say, all are great but 6 is wonderful.

Back