advice taking interior photos

ejm

Edit My Images
Yes
I'd like to improve my car interior shots and just wanting some advice on when's best to take photos? I'd like to get some similar to the ones where its dark/you can't see through the windows; are these taken at night or by using additional lighting outside the car?
I've got 3 speedlights...
tia :)

Don't quite understand the question, if you want to light the interior and not show any outside, why would you want additional lighting outside the car?

you usually have to use barn doors i think to stop the light getting in and just use the lighting to light the inside of the car.

but most of time they are done in the dark..

this set was done in a unit with all the lights turned off

14731884289_2ed4ae6ff7_b.jpg

Reactions: ejm
Thanks simmy that's the kind of finish I'm looking for. I'll do them at night then.

Dorsetdude the reason I asked about additional lighting outside is because I've seen photo set ups with soft boxes outside the car which have produced (according to the websites I've seen them on) photos in lit studios which look like simmys. I wasn't sure if it was light trickery like when overpowering the sun.

i had two flashed sat on the back seat fired up at the cream headlining so this diffused the light!

Reactions: ejm
Moved to the talk section :)
Had no idea there was a second transport area!!:eek:
So sorry for posting in the wrong place but on the plus side a whole new load of posts on cars to read! :D

This was done in my garage one night - white sheet over the windows (make sure the wing mirror and wipers are visible) then three flashes outside the car pointed through the front, side and back windows.

Elise 135R - Interior
by AdrianFRST, on Flickr

That's excellent Adrian! I love both the interior shots shown on this thread and if I can get anywhere close to the quality I'll be happy :) I tried on the M3 last night but frosty screen and orange street lamp was a pain to work with, it'll be a challenge anyway as it's a half cream and black leather interior so I'll have fun getting the exposure just right lol! Will try again in garage or another very dark space!!

Back