AEB question

Name
Craig
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi , ive been messing with AEB to use the different exposures in photomatix . Had a brief mess the other day but tonight im having a problem . WB is auto , ISO is auto , using MF , in AV mode ( canon ) im shooting the clouds and when i transfer the pictures ( raw files ) to hotomatix , its telling me that two images are exposed the same ( exif data ) . When i view the three,two do look the same although the camera says the are exposed differently -2 , 2 , +2 . Any ideas ?

Thanks

What is the f-number/shutter speed/ISO of each image? I hit an odd problem with Oloneo where the camera had decided to change the ISO instead of the shutter speed for one shot.

The shutter speed did change thinking about it . The ISO did`nt though . It was certainly a camera thing as when i was inside the house it worked as normal , but shooting the sky i got the `problem`

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't using auto settings for this defeating the purpose? I mean the idea is to get different exposures so if you leave the setting the same isn't your camera going to change itself in order to get what it thinks the correct exposure leaving you with 3 different setting reaching the same exposure. I could be way off on this but I am close to trying AEB so I'm very curious.

AEB adjusts exposure compensation which biases the metering. Thus it works fine in auto modes, for example in Av mode giving you 3 different shutter speeds with constant aperture and ISO.

No idea why it isn't working unless you are close to the max shutter speed (1/4000s on many cameras) and it can't take a darker image.

I think I'm a bit lost. I thought this was about bracketing for hdr/photomatic shoots. In order to bracket you need different exposures so auto mode will produce the same exposure by means of different settings right?

No, it will produce three different exposures. You can manually bracket exposures, but auto exposure bracketing does it automatically.

Back