Aeropress

Name
Jim
Edit My Images
Yes
Anyone using one for coffee? The coffee at work is quite bad and I think that this would be a good solution for making my own. Would pay for itself relatively quickly too.

Thanks. Is it easy to use? How long does it take to make a cup of coffee? What grade of grind do you use?

half and half on the grind, not espresso nor mocka, somewhere in the middle..

I am not a fan on drip drip, Gaggia & Moka for me but I am impressed with Aeropress, great for camping.(I need great coffee wherever I go) :D

it is easy to use and you will find your own little quirks to get coffee how you like it.

half and half on the grind, not espresso nor mocka, somewhere in the middle..

I am not a fan on drip drip, Gaggia & Moka for me but I am impressed with Aeropress, great for camping.(I need great coffee wherever I go) :D

it is easy to use and you will find your own little quirks to get coffee how you like it.

Thanks. Sounds perfect for the office. We have one of those hot water tap things rather than a kettle so the water is never boiling. I wonder if anyone near work sells them...

I've had one for a while, along with a moka pot, French press and espresso machine with commercial grinder

It produces a lovely cup and can be used in many ways. Inverted, right way up, different brew times, different temperature etc etc.

The grind isn't too precious, finer than French press but courser than espresso, anything in between works really. Different coffees prefer different grinds so just practice with different grinds.

You can also buy metal filter disks which supposedly produce yet a different cup over the paper filters.

Brew time is anywhere from 30 seconds to 5 minutes depending on what method you follow, its very clean and easy to use.

Highly recommend.. Get a little hario or porlex hand grinder and you are fully set.

Defo do this, my personal preference is the Hario Slim and that is what I use, porlex is too metal for me.

I have the hario as well. Got it brand new off eBay for £5!

It arrived, along with 250g of hasbean's Blake mix and quite frankly the coffee place downstairs at work will never see me again. It's easy to use and clean and the coffee is just superb!

Blake is our fave, I like Jailbreak for Cap/Latte but for day to day drinking you cannot beat Blake, its one of Hasbean's finest moments IMO

Its fairly stong stuff in comparison with what I usually drink, will put (even more!) hairs on my chest I think. Really tasty though- smooth, rounded with a nice bitterness. I enjoyed it and may still be buzzing from its effects now! ;)

Prefer jailbreak myself, but the Blake was ok.

Glad you are enjoying the Aeropress, everyone who drinks coffee should have one!

Prefer jailbreak myself, but the Blake was ok.

Glad you are enjoying the Aeropress, everyone who drinks coffee should have one!

I now have my wife asking for one for work and my brother thinking of getting one!

Back