Aldi SLR camera bag

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Picked up one of these today for £8.99, bargain. I bought a Lowepro Rezo a while back but when I have my 75-300 attached to my 550d I cant close the top. I searched right through the dimensions of the LP range on their website and they dont do a handy size (body + 2-3 lens) bag that can take a body with 75-300. The only one I saw that fitted the bill was a £40 Tamrac one at my local dealer. I like the clever touches on the LP stuff but for the price this is great, adjustable padded dividers, compartments etc. 4 different styles, the one I got is the one in the main pic.
Must just say the Aldi SLR Gorilla style tripod I bought a while back has been fine too despite some saying it will be not much cop etc.

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/special_buys3_18902.htm?WT.mc_id=2011-05-06-11-51

EDIT- pasted below are the pics etc from later in the thread for those seeing this for the first time-

Label
5716602550_3ccb5aa512.jpg

Lid can be zipped shut and/or clipped down, nice size peak and rim to keep stuff in/out if only clipped shut-liking this
5716602208_4e5300cf9e.jpg

Front stowage
5716037577_6a280e895a.jpg

padded dividers- the gap in the middle is all the way to the bottom, in this configuration there are 4 x 50mm lens size sections either size of the main cavity
5716037227_86bfa3e756.jpg

I reckon I could fit a battery grip on my 550d easily but as I dont own one I cant guarantee it so dont quote me :) Padding is about 8mm top/sides/bottom, the divider padding feels a bit thinner.
5716036945_9027c083ed.jpg

Last edited:
Good spot, might nip in to the local Aldi and get one. For that price you can't go wrong.

It does look nice and if I didn't have too many bags already I'd be tempted.

I've had a couple of nice ones from Asda.

Pretty decent they had something a bit smaller but similar design on 7 dayshop for £6.50 del.

Quick snap on my phone so rubbish quality. Plenty of little nooks and crannies/zippers etc. Camera has 70-300 on and you would have room for about 3 other small lenses or 1 bigger one and 2 others. The little bag can be attached to the side or on your belt and carries the cover, you could ditch the cover and use it as a little bum bag. had a closer look around it today and to be fair it all seems nice and robust with decent materials. The lid can be just closed on the clasp or zipped closed as well.

DSC02893.JPG

Last edited:
got one of these and its actually a pretty good bag especially for the price.

as the saying goes for that price
very handy even if you never use it

Just the ticket that will have to nip down for one which style is it you have chris out of the three .

8.99! My god, I've spent three times that on a bag half the price... I'm heading over to Aldi tomorrow to check that out! Cheers.

Were you looking at the bigger size one? You can make out the padding in the image I put up.
I bought a LP 300 as a main bag, but this is going to be my day to day carrier

hmm looks interesting but I'l have to see in person if the padding is enough, trip in the morning it is.

Just been and bought one of these, the padding is not the best I have ever seen but for £8.99 can't complain - WELL DONE ALDI (y)

OK I've got it home, and it fits my 30D, with either 18-55mm kit lens or Sigma 300mm lens attached, with the other lens stashed in the bag, battery charger, 3 batteries, remote with cable, 2 memory cards and theres still some little compartments not used - Most Impressed with this for the money !! :clap:

Wonder if this is large enough to hold a gripped 7d + 3 lenses/flash?

Edit just popped in to have a look and it's way too small for my needs but nice for the price...on a side note did pick up a pack of blackjacks which I've not had for years!

Well the one I looked at didnt have much padding, unless it was somehow missing :shrug:

Just double checked my one, padded sides, top and bottom with padded adjustable dividers for lenses etc.
Did your branch have all 4 styles in stock?

Just for info, my one in the pic is "style D", its hard to see going off the pics in the link but the smalest one is only compact size.

Just double checked my one, padded sides, top and bottom with padded adjustable dividers for lenses etc.
Did your branch have all 4 styles in stock?

No just the one, you have shown, maybe someone took the padding out, all the others were all wrapped up, that I saw had no padding on the sides and none on the bottom, didnt have any on any side or front and rear of the bag, just look flimsy to me, you got any shots of the padding?

But if everyones happy thats all that matters (y)

Last edited:
In the phone pic further up, the divider padding is visible. The padding around the sides etc feels the same.
I would say the padding feels about the same as whats in my Lowpro rezo. Hope that helps.

Edit- If you look to the right in the photo on inside the bag, the shape of the internal padding is visible

Last edited:
Well the one I looked at didnt have much padding, unless it was somehow missing :shrug:

I'm pretty sure people steal parts of items from Aldi (probably other shops). As sad as this is, it can give rise to some bargains. I don't know if you were meaning the dividers were missing or the actual padding round the edges though. But I dare say the dividers would go walkies.

Padding is stitched in so dont know how anyone would have removed it, its much thicker than the stuff in my Rezo.

Im going back and open another one, maybe either some ones took parts out or it was a faulty one

I'm pretty sure people steal parts of items from Aldi (probably other shops). As sad as this is, it can give rise to some bargains. I don't know if you were meaning the dividers were missing or the actual padding round the edges though. But I dare say the dividers would go walkies.

I meant the bottom padding and back padding

I have a feeling your branch may not have the exact same style as I got, I know one of the other ones seemed to have less padding.
At the risk of sounding like I have shares in Aldi or something, Im made up with mine which is why I thought I would pass it on here :) Have a close look at the ones in the link before you go back so you know whats what.

I have a feeling your branch may not have the exact same style as I got, I know one of the other ones seemed to have less padding.
At the risk of sounding like I have shares in Aldi or something, Im made up with mine which is why I thought I would pass it on here :) Have a close look at the ones in the link before you go back so you know whats what.

They only had the 1 style maybe when I go back theyll have more, thats if theres any left with all TP buying them :LOL:

If its any help there are two barcodes on mine but they may all have the same code on seeing as they are all the same price 431-10-01 & 2522 4085. As far as I know its the only one that comes with a small separate bag that houses the rain cover. I will try and post up a few more pics

If you're popping into Aldi to look at or get one of these it would be absolutely scandalous not to pick up a packet of their Bratwurst sausages - they are immense.

This is rapidly turning into the Aldi fanboy thread :)

here you go, with a 550d in situ-

C&C welcome, oh errr wrong section...

Label
5716602550_3ccb5aa512.jpg

Lid can be zipped shut and/or clipped down, nice size peak and rim to keep stuff in/out if only clipped shut-liking this
5716602208_4e5300cf9e.jpg

Front stowage
5716037577_6a280e895a.jpg

padded dividers- the gap in the middle is all the way to the bottom, in this configuration there are 4 x 50mm lens size sections either size of the main cavity
5716037227_86bfa3e756.jpg

I reckon I could fit a battery grip on my 550d easily but as I dont own one I cant guarantee it so dont quote me :) Padding is about 8mm top/sides/bottom, the divider padding feels a bit thinner.
5716036945_9027c083ed.jpg

Last edited:
Back