Beginner And some more OCF, this time with a background

Name
Kev
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

Just bough a grey muslin backdrop and had a play with OCF, using one flash in a soft box.

Any thoughts on these, I know the composition needs improving but is the lighting and light placement getting better.

Older threads are here:
https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/more-ocf.598582/
https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/more-ocf.593712/

DSC_0018-2 by SEP9001, on Flickr

2.Same as one with a bit of PP
DSC_0018-2-2 by SEP9001, on Flickr

DSC_0007-2 by SEP9001, on Flickr

DSC_0008-2 by SEP9001, on Flickr

One mistake I made was not check the settings, the ISO was on 500 and I should have reset to 200 (Nikon D90).

Thank you

Kev

Nice photos Kev, I can't give much comment on these, I am just starting out in portrait stuff. But these look really nice to me :)
Danny

Danny,

Thanks, these must be the first set where I think the exposure is just about right. On the other I have had to add exposure in LR.

Will see what the experts have to say.

Kev

Nicely exposed but @juggler is right, framing is slightly off in each of them.

Why not give your son something to play with or introduce something into the frame? A photo of him playing with his favourite toy will mean a damn site more to you in years to come than an uncomfortable shot in a home studio.

Thank you Simon and Adam.

I did not have long to set it all up and take the shots, just wanted to use the background hence the composition but will keep the toy option in mind.

Kev

Thank you.

Very nice have to agree with regards to framing but as you've already said it was more of an exercise using the background, look forward to seeing some more from you using the new background

Mickey

Last edited:
Very nice have to agree with regards to framing but as you've already said it was more of an exercise using the background, look forward to seeing some more from you using the new background

Mickey
Thanks, the other asked me to pack it all up yesterday.... [emoji21] Will try and make the most of using it.

Yes they get my vote too. The colours work really well too.

Gaz

Back