Merc

Loves Canon
Name
Mark
Edit My Images
No
Last edited:
Lovely set.
There's a distinct glow around the rock in the last which draws my eye, but love the patterns in the sand and the reflections in that one.

Number two is my favourite closely followed by number three, very nice indeed

You have some crackers there, I particularly like the ice cave one....the person had to be wearing a red jacket - any other colour would not have worked;)

It looks as if you got some lovely weather, with a good snow covering.....nice.

Lovely warm colours in some and of the set it's #2 for me.

I'm off with a few mates in June and after seeing these I can't wait :banana:

Cheers.

Really nice, all of them (y) ......although Ruth is right about the halo around the sea stack in the last. I'm assuming that just comes from the quick editing....looking forward to seeing some more!!

Great set of images Mark, spot on exposure and good composition in all of them. #2 would be my fav' followed by #5.(y)

George.

These are a superb collection of photographs, fantastic in fact.
This is somewhere I would really like to visit one day, I think Iceland is such a great place for photography from what I've seen.
Really very good indeed!

All great shots (shame about the halo in the Hvistserkur shot) . Knowing how hard you had to work for it, Aldeyerfoss is my favourite.

I'll just nod in agreement and not pick a favourite.

Thank you all once again. :) To those wanting to go. You must. It is a photographers paradise.

All great shots (shame about the halo in the Hvistserkur shot) . Knowing how hard you had to work for it, Aldeyerfoss is my favourite.
Thanks Pete. Yes, Aldeyarfoss was a tough trek. 4kms up a mountain/bloody big hill in deep snow and head on storm force winds. The ice coming off the snow was pretty harsh on the face but the walk back was a lot easier and the wind was behind me. It was all worth it though. It looks its best in winter.

As ever Mark a beautiful set of images, hoping to get back out there next year again. In the mean time if you need help with your bags or such like give me a shout.;)
Cheers Andy. I'll keep that in mind. :) I hope you get out there again soon.

A great set of images Mark. It looks like you had a very successful trip. As you know we are both wanting to go. Seeing results like yours just convinces me more.

Safe to say that Iceland just got added to my bucket list! Great set of photos; I particularly like the first one, did you use a long exposure on that to get the water spread effect?

Disregard, I just got Flikr to work on the iPad ☺️

Last edited:
Oh Mark!!! What a fab range of shots.... they look a tad over sharpened on my screen, but hell - what a fantastic place and so well executed - your composition and exposure are perfect, and golly, I wish I was with you!!!!
x

Nice set. We're going to Iceland in March, I hope some of my pictures turn out as good as yours..

Fine pictures - well composed and exposed portraits of elemental places. But Mark - something in particular niggles me - the first one seems to lack a sense of scale - there seems to be an awkward conflation of foreground and background in this regard.

You were there, but I wasn't - I have no embedded experience. To me, it renders as a sort of miniature. Or maybe it needs a metre-wide print to ring true?

Make any sense?

Last edited:
Great stuff @Merc - people wonder why i go back to iceland so much, but no matter what i get up to on one trip there's still so much to see. I have booked now to go in Sept for a few days, but wont be time to do the ice cave thing, which i'd really love to do one day.

i look forward to seeing more, i did look at your trip website but sadly to pricey for me to justify :-( (unless you get steph scully of course ;-) )

Lovely set of images. I'd love to go but have the wrong set of friends with no interest! The organised photo tours look pretty expensive. I'll keep buying lottery tickets. Love the colours and composition.

Hi Mark, really cracking set looked through them several times and there great, I could elaborate but for the sanity of the other forum members I wont, suffice to say I really enjoyed them!
Iceland on the bucket list of course, but the other half insisted that she wanted to go "somewhere Sunny" :( this year, and not Norway again;)
Will look forward to your next batch!

A fab collection. My absolute favourite is number 2, the light is sublime. I would agree 5 needs a touch of shadow lift on the rock front.

Great set of images Mark !

Thank you all again for taking the time to look and comment.

Oh Mark!!! What a fab range of shots.... they look a tad over sharpened on my screen, but hell - what a fantastic place and so well executed - your composition and exposure are perfect, and golly, I wish I was with you!!!!
x
Thanks Maria. I'm not sure why they look over sharpened to you. I do very little sharpening. I do very little PP. You'll have to get back out there again soon before the health and safety morons get a hold of it. :)

Fine pictures - well composed and exposed portraits of elemental places. But Mark - something in particular niggles me - the first one seems to lack a sense of scale - there seems to be an awkward conflation of foreground and background in this regard.

You were there, but I wasn't - I have no embedded experience. To me, it renders as a sort of miniature. Or maybe it needs a metre-wide print to ring true?

Make any sense?
That's a fair point. It is a small (in comparison) waterfall and finding a sense of scale is not easy at a location like this but when a guy in my group went down to the waters edge I made the most of it to give that sense of scale. Maybe these will help.

14bstnq.jpg

904odd.jpg

Lovely set of images. I'd love to go but have the wrong set of friends with no interest! The organised photo tours look pretty expensive. I'll keep buying lottery tickets. Love the colours and composition.

Def the wrong set of friends!! Sacrilege! It's reasonably affordable on a non organised photo tour based, especially in winter, or in beginning part of may and then from september onwards (not wintery weather usually). Don't let your friends stop you from going :)

Awesome set of images. Can't wait to get over there.

Are you available in May? There are some cheap flights with Easyjet for May and it tends to be cheaper than most of the year anyway. Some of us have been discussing it here. There is a chance of team up if you're free.

https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/cheap-flights-to-iceland.614234/#post-7250976

Back