Anyone else use 500px?

500px is the new hottness! I'm on a few forums try it out!!!!(y)

Don't forget to "LIKE" the images on fellow TP'ers images over on 500px.......especially if they are mine, I have a rather nice art nude on the popular page at the moment :D

I signed up a few weeks ago to use it as a place to keep the photos I have had placed in competitions or have had enquiries from people to buy. They are not pro photos but just some of my slightly better ones that other people seem to like.http://500px.com/PINNACLE_PHOTOGRAPHY if you want to look but don't expect to much.

I have only just started to have a good look round 500px today. What I notice is that I had a few looks and votes when I first put pictures up but nothing since so I guess it needs to be fed or I need to work at spreading the word (not the reason for my post). But whilst playing I have become a little lost.

I might be missing it but is there a way of getting the "url link" so I can use the site to host photos for forum use.

I also can't find a way of switching on sales or is this only available in the full version.

Don't forget to "LIKE" the images on fellow TP'ers images over on 500px.......especially if they are mine, I have a rather nice art nude on the popular page at the moment :D

I still am not able to 'Like' any images because I haven't, and don't want to, link to a social network.

I don't understand the 'need' to add a social network connection when I have confirmed my email account and uploaded an avatar. :shrug: That should be enough to prove I'm not a bot. :bang: If I was a Professional then I understand that one would want their profile to be linked everywhere on the internet they have a presence, but I'm not keen on everything I do being linked unless I wish it to be. :shrug: It should be an option. Other than that, I like the rest of it.

One of the people on their help pages said she would try and get a tech person to try and fix it, but I never heard nothing back, and that was months ago. :( :shake:

Well done on getting interest from people wanting to buy Pinnacle. (y)

I might be missing it but is there a way of getting the "url link" so I can use the site to host photos for forum use.

I also can't find a way of switching on sales or is this only available in the full version.

I answered the first question on page 18 of this thread, in this post. As to the second, you have to be an i.e. paying member to sell photos.

I still am not able to 'Like' any images because I haven't, and don't want to, link to a social network.

I don't understand the 'need' to add a social network connection when I have confirmed my email account and uploaded an avatar. :shrug: That should be enough to prove I'm not a bot. :bang: If I was a Professional then I understand that one would want their profile to be linked everywhere on the internet they have a presence, but I'm not keen on everything I do being linked unless I wish it to be. :shrug: It should be an option. Other than that, I like the rest of it.

One of the people on their help pages said she would try and get a tech person to try and fix it, but I never heard nothing back, and that was months ago. :( :shake:

Well done on getting interest from people wanting to buy Pinnacle. (y)

I think DF was referring to the big green "Like" button on 500px, which has no relation to Facebook, it is just part of the 500px rating system...unless I am very much mistaken.

I think DF was referring to the big green "Like" button on 500px, which has no relation to Facebook, it is just part of the 500px rating system...unless I am very much mistaken.

You are mistaken, I know which 'Like' button digitalfailure was referring to. ;)

When I press the 'Like' button on 500px I get the pop up message
Please complete your profile before voting. 1 Enter your first and last name. 2 Upload and avatar 3 Enter at least one contact. (website, Twitter etc)
:shrug:

No big thing, but it has discouraged me from getting as involved as I would have. :shake: I don't want to be 'forced' to be 'connected' and be 'social' for no good reason as far as I can see. :shake: :( :shrug:

Last edited:
You are mistaken, I know which 'Like' button digitalfailure was referring to. ;)

When I press the 'Like' button on 500px I get the pop up message :shrug:

No big thing, but it has discouraged me from getting as involved as I would have. :shake: I don't want to be 'forced' to be 'connected' and be 'social' for no good reason as far as I can see. :shake: :( :shrug:

how odd, as it doesn't post to any of those social networks when you like something :( just out of interest could you not just put google.com as your website? I am guessing it is some sort of anti spam thing...I dunno

how odd, as it doesn't post to any of those social networks when you like something :( just out of interest could you not just put google.com as your website? I am guessing it is some sort of anti spam thing...I dunno

There are many options for different social network options, Google+ Twitter Facebook and the like, and the option for a website. I tried putting Google as my website and it worked. :eek: :LOL:

I didn't even think of just putting a random web address in there. :bonk: Makes the need to enter something even more pointless. :bang: :LOL:

Thanks for the idea. (y) I can now 'Like' some pictures.

I answered the first question on page 18 of this thread, in this post. As to the second, you have to be an i.e. paying member to sell photos.

Thanks Garry

It was on pg17 on my pc and I had searched up to 15 then gave up.

Is there much feed back on selling, I have a selection of photos in a friends art gallery and get a few takers I also have some up in a friends pet shop (mostly wildlife) but I think it would be much easier to direct possible buyers to my 500px if it works well for selling.

I am not a pro but I am thinking of starting my own website as interest in my pictures grows and friends and family ask for photos to be taken.

You DON'T need to link a Facebook or twitter feed to it, that pop up box is happy if you have the avatar, mail address etc..

I'd been on it for weeks before I let it link to my twitter etc, and even then it only posts to those feeds if you press the buttons in the bottom right on the 500px page..

Saw your photo with ivory flame btw, really really nice.

Always wanted to ask her for a shoot, where is she base and what was her rate?

raymondo

I saw the comment, thanks :)

I'll send you some details, she is such a joy to work with

Its quite an intimidating gallery due to all the stunning photos. I've plucked up the courage and here is my small contribution

I got a notification the other day that someone had added one of my pictures as a 'favorite', which was flattering. :)

However, when I went to look at this persons pics, they haven't uploaded any pics but have over 330+ pages of 'favorites'. It seems an unusual thing to do to have about 4000+ 'favorites'. :thinking:

I got a notification the other day that someone had added one of my pictures as a 'favorite', which was flattering. :)

However, when I went to look at this persons pics, they haven't uploaded any pics but have over 330+ pages of 'favorites'. It seems an unusual thing to do to have about 4000+ 'favorites'. :thinking:

I get that quite a lot and wish there were a few changes made to 500 but i still much prefer it to Flickr.

I've been asked to join Iperfocal but as yet haven't had the time. I just wish someone would put the best bits of 500 and Iperfocal together. That would be a great site.

Its awful :puke:

They've tried to make it into a cross between flickr and facecack

I don't want to know what images the world liked :bang:

Back