Anyone having problems with Mac and Photoshop?

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
No
I have just purchased a new imac K5 with the latest El Capitan software version 10.11.6. I downloaded Photoshop Elements 12 from Adobe and installed it on my machine together with a pre purchased key. However when I try to open it I get an error message "CA Headless has encountered an error" and the programme will not load. Tried to uninstall and re install but has no effect. Apple support say it is an Adobe problem and Adobe are totally useless and will not provide any support other than posting on their forum and waiting for one of their "experts". Funny enough no experts have popped along. So I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this or similar problem and have discovered a solution?

I would try and download the prog again but before that reboot and then try

I would try and download the prog again but before that reboot and then try

Just tried that and exactly the same. It all installs correctly but it just won't open. It has to be something to do with the latest update of El Capitan?

Hi I gave a bit more looking and people have had prob with elements 12. They seem to just down load the prog again and it works. Best I can see so far

I have no problems with Elements on my new iMac. Loaded once and installed once.

I have no problems with Elements on my new iMac. Loaded once and installed once.
Hi John

Did you load it since the latest version of El Capitan 10.11.6? I have tried everything it just doesn't want to know. Will load up but wont open.

It was two weeks ago - not sure of the El Capitan version number, but it is up-to-date.

Since the update I'm having issues with CC crashing for no reason and not recognizing my plugins, when I had CS6 not a problem, it was a very stable platform.

ps, I run all my programs on an SSD and back up all files externally.

Since the update I'm having issues with CC crashing for no reason and not recognizing my plugins, when I had CS6 not a problem, it was a very stable platform.

ps, I run all my programs on an SSD and back up all files externally.

I was trying to install Photoshop Elements 12,,,didn't want to know so I decided to try Elements 14 the latest version. Downloaded it direct from Adobe on a trial but it would not open. I can only presume that it is not compatible with El Capitan 10.11.6?

Managed to get my plugins working by installing them to a 3rd party folder on my desktop and the copying a link location and dropping this in the CC plugins folder, seem to be working fine now.

It seems we have lost a button inside the preferences folder that allowed the installation of plugins..

Problem solved! I installed the new operating system last night (Sierra) and the install worked immediately , no problem! So the culprit was El Capitan v10.11.6

Problem solved! I installed the new operating system last night (Sierra) and the install worked immediately , no problem! So the culprit was El Capitan v10.11.6

Thanks Mike, downloading now and will install tonight, I'm fed up of having to redo work that I have done when PS randomly crashes,

I have issues with PS CC on El Capitan - ranging from screen artefacts to images going dark when using various tools - interested in Sierra, may give it a go.

I have issues with PS CC on El Capitan - ranging from screen artefacts to images going dark when using various tools - interested in Sierra, may give it a go.

FWIW I had no problems with PS CC on El Capitan, nor with Sierra since I upgraded.

Back