Anyone used E-infinity ?

I have used E-infinity, for lower priced items as I am too cautious to risk larger amounts on grey imports, but since reading about the ethics relating to taxes etc with grey imports, I doubt I would again. As someone who grew up with wonderful camera shops on high streets, it's sad to see the decline of our bricks and mortar retail industry, and companies like E-infinity, Panamoz etc do nothing to contribute towards our society in the form of taxes, employing people etc. I accept ethics is all down to personal opinion, so I have no problem with others doing as they choose, but I've made my choice. I don't use Amazon either, for similar reasons. Yes, you pay more from a UK based dealer, but at least you're helping support your own economy better. For this reason, I agree with Nikon etc refusing to warranty grew imports. I think warranties should only apply if you purchased something within your own country. We need to protect our own economy, and not fund those who dodge taxes and contribute nothing here.

On another forum I found a post where a person who wanted a VAT invoice, was told that it was not possible. Tax avoidance was hinted at. Maybe the Tax authorities should look into these operations to make sure everything is kosher.

I everybody buys from these Hong Kong based companies, Nikon will soon exit from the countries were they operate, with all the problems that this would involve.

My latest dealing with E-Infinity has turned into a never again shop there.
Purchased a Sony 100-400mm, took a week to get here then would not fit onto my A7 IV, don't no why but just would not turn at the connection, contacted them the same day but had to wait until next morning for a reply requesting to outline the problem so wrote as long a description as is possible to write to explain the problem next day email asking for video or image of problem so sent images, again next day asking me to send it back for a refund at my expense a lens that was faulty, to do so with enough insurance cost me £17 for next day delivery (today I hope) sent them proof of postage now say have to wait 3 working days for a refund (amazing how the return policy is 14 days not working days).
Will not buy there again. Russ.
Just a follow up. E-Infinity refunded but it took a week and I returned the lens next day delivery to the Manchester address provided.
Purchased lens from Panamoz, paid on Friday night and received lens following Saturday. Cost £100 more than E-Infinity but that I assume covers the 3 year warranty.

Last edited:
I've bought two items from e-ininity without any issues, a D500 and D850. I do take the approach that it is no different to if I had bought it on holiday in Hong Kong (I used to go there annually to visit old haunts). I wonder if this problem ever existed during all the years that British Forces were stationed there, or for Americans coming off cruise ships daily for the last 70 years? I'm sure not, mostly people will, on the rare occasion that they might accidentally damage a piece of kit, just pay for repairs. Of course it's different if a new item is faulty, but by and large I have very rarely read of a problem that was not ultimately resolved satisfactorily.

Got a Lens on order with them at the moment which I bought on Tuesday and received the photos the same day but so far I have no tracking number so I have no idea if it’s actually left their warehouse or not lol. Great price though

Got a Lens on order with them at the moment which I bought on Tuesday and received the photos the same day but so far I have no tracking number so I have no idea if it’s actually left their warehouse or not lol. Great price though

Normally takes a few days, and generally a week from placing the order to getting it.

I bought a 14-35 RF lens less than 2 weeks ago, yesterday they lowered the price by £50, i emailed them, saying not happy etc, and ive been ordering things from them since they started, they said nothing they can do.

Today i replied about the 14 day return window they offer, will see what they do.

I've used E-infinity a few times. Last lens purchase I though I went with Panamoz as they reduced their price to get closer to the E-infinity price and the 3 year warranty swung it.

Just ordered another lens and I've gone back to E-infinity as they were already £130 cheaper and then reduced it this week by another £20.

I noticed today Efinity have an eBay account under the name of Visual or Virtual Stage, can't remember now, but the address details are-infinity name and address in Hong Kong

I've just today taken delivery of a new Nikkor Z 24-120mm lens from E-Infinity.

I've noticed that the serial number of the lens is NOT on the box. Where is should be is another number, plus barcode, that clearly isn't a Nikon serial number (eight digits but starts 8848).

There's no warranty card in the box - but maybe that's normal with grey market purchases? I know the E-Infinity warranty is their own, not Nikon's.

Not sure if this is anything unusual when it comes to grey market - or anything to worry about? My most recent lens purchase before this was from Panamoz and its serial number corresponds with the one on the box.

I also remember previously having bought a 24-70 f/2.8 from E-Infinity and only noticing when I went to sell it on more than a year later that the box and lens serial numbers were different (although in this case the box number did look like a proper Nikon one).

I appreciate that buying grey comes with its own risks (I don't need any lectures on this) but I would be interested to know if other E-Infinity customers have experienced similar issues and would really appreciate feedback. I haven't as much as mounted the lens yet and would consider returning it depending on feedback.

Thanks.

I've noticed that the serial number of the lens is NOT on the box. Where is should be is another number, plus barcode, that clearly isn't a Nikon serial number (eight digits but starts 8848).

There's no warranty card in the box - but maybe that's normal with grey market purchases? I know the E-Infinity warranty is their own, not Nikon's.

Not sure if this is anything unusual when it comes to grey market - or anything to worry about? My most recent lens purchase before this was from Panamoz and its serial number corresponds with the one on the box.

I also remember previously having bought a 24-70 f/2.8 from E-Infinity and only noticing when I went to sell it on more than a year later that the box and lens serial numbers were different (although in this case the box number did look like a proper Nikon one).

I appreciate that buying grey comes with its own risks (I don't need any lectures on this) but I would be interested to know if other E-Infinity customers have experienced similar issues and would really appreciate feedback. I haven't as much as mounted the lens yet and would consider returning it depending on feedback.

Thanks.

I have no personally experience with them but I know someone with a 400mm PF. I am pretty sure it came from e-infin. I'll text and ask.

in the meantime let's hope someone here can answer your question. :)

I've purchased quite a bit from them over the years including a Nikon 200-500, Nikon 300mm F4 PF and TC-14E III. Nikon Z 85mm F1.8, Nikon Z 24-200, Nikon Z 100-400 & the Nikon Z 1.4 converter. I also bought my Z9 from them.

Aside from one of the deliveries taking a little longer than expected (as it was shown as in stock when I ordered, but actually wasn't), all the transactions went perfectly. I do seems to recall that the Nikon Z 100-400 didn't have the warranty card in the box, but all the others did - but the 100-400 was my last purchase so maybe they have changed it recently. However on checking the boxes of a a few of the lenses I still own, they do have the matching serial number on the outside of the box.

Thanks.
Thanks for the responses to date, would appreciate any more.

I've emailed CS anyway, I'll see what they say.

Okay so I thought that I should update on my recent experience with E-infinity, for the benefit of others seeking advice from this thread.

For those who can't be bothered to read any further - the short version is that I will NOT be buying from E-Infinity again.

As posted above, I recently took delivery of a Nikkor Z 24-120mm lens from E-Infinity. I have used them before - more than once - but prior to this my most recent grey market purchase was via Panamoz. I went with E-Infinity on this occasion as their price was considerably better for the 24-120mm. When I started shopping around for it, E-Infinity was quoting £799, compared to the Panamoz price of £930 - a huge difference. Then E-Infinity dropped their price to £779 - and I went for it. I do know - from personal experience and also from others that it is often worth seeing if Panamoz can improve their price - when I challenged them previously on their quoted price for the Nikkor 105mm Z macro lens they got very close to the E-Infinity price and their 3 year warranty swung it for me. On this most recent occasion I just felt that the price differential was too great to ignore.

So my main. issue with this recent purchase was that there was no matching serial number on the box and, secondly (but less importantly), there was no warranty card with the serial number. The warranty card issue is less important as (being a grey market lens) there is no valid UK Nikon warranty in place anyway - any warranty issues have to be addressed with the retailer - and I knew this in advance. The lack of a serial number on the box was of more concern, particularly given the reported experiences of others here (where the box carried the proper serial number).

Anyway - I emailed E-Infinity customer service yesterday to outline my concerns and seek some reassurance from them. It is the uncaring tone and off-hand (even evasive) manner of their responses that has turned me totally against the company. I will quote the correspondence in full below - you can make up your own mind.

In summary - I have sourced the lens that I wanted - at a very good price. But for my next purchase I will be going back to Panamoz - their Customer Service is much more open and friendly and not at all evasive. If you go back through this thread (and I have) there are no negative comments about Panamoz but plenty about E-Infinity.

Hi

I've just taken delivery of this order this morning.

I have a couple of concerns.

1. The serial number on the box does not match the serial number of the lens. Lens serial is 2004XXXX. The number on the box is 88487974 - which is not even a valid Nikon serial number.
2. I went to check the lens serial number against the warranty card, but there is no warranty card in the box.

I have used E-Infinity previously and I understand that these are 'grey market' products, sourced internationally. However I have previously purchased such lens - both from E-Infinity and Panamoz - and the serial numbers matched on the box and lens.

Please advise - I have not used the lens as yet, not even mounted it, as I feel that I may have to return it in these circumstances.

Thank you.

Hi Brian,

Thank you for your email.

The serial number is 2004XXXX, the serial number didn't show on the box.

Regards,
CS Team
E-infinity

Thank you for the response.

However it could hardly be briefer and explains nothing.

Why is the serial number not on the box? I've never heard of this happening before, even with grey import lenses.

And why no warranty card (again I know that the warranty is with E-infinity and not Nikon)?

Regards

Hi Brian,

All products we sell are imports and international versions. It will be covered by our 12 months warranty instead of the manufacturer's guarantee. The warranty starts on the day that you receive your product. You may find more information about our warranty policy here: https://www.e-infin.com/ww/common/return_policy

Regards,
CS Team
E-infinity

Thank you.

And what about my query re the missing serial number on the box?

[NO RESPONSE - further email sent]

Can you please advise re the lack of serial number on the box.

[NO RESPONSE]

Okay so I thought that I should update on my recent experience with E-infinity, for the benefit of others seeking advice from this thread.

For those who can't be bothered to read any further - the short version is that I will NOT be buying from E-Infinity again.

As posted above, I recently took delivery of a Nikkor Z 24-120mm lens from E-Infinity. I have used them before - more than once - but prior to this my most recent grey market purchase was via Panamoz. I went with E-Infinity on this occasion as their price was considerably better for the 24-120mm. When I started shopping around for it, E-Infinity was quoting £799, compared to the Panamoz price of £930 - a huge difference. Then E-Infinity dropped their price to £779 - and I went for it. I do know - from personal experience and also from others that it is often worth seeing if Panamoz can improve their price - when I challenged them previously on their quoted price for the Nikkor 105mm Z macro lens they got very close to the E-Infinity price and their 3 year warranty swung it for me. On this most recent occasion I just felt that the price differential was too great to ignore.

So my main. issue with this recent purchase was that there was no matching serial number on the box and, secondly (but less importantly), there was no warranty card with the serial number. The warranty card issue is less important as (being a grey market lens) there is no valid UK Nikon warranty in place anyway - any warranty issues have to be addressed with the retailer - and I knew this in advance. The lack of a serial number on the box was of more concern, particularly given the reported experiences of others here (where the box carried the proper serial number).

Anyway - I emailed E-Infinity customer service yesterday to outline my concerns and seek some reassurance from them. It is the uncaring tone and off-hand (even evasive) manner of their responses that has turned me totally against the company. I will quote the correspondence in full below - you can make up your own mind.

In summary - I have sourced the lens that I wanted - at a very good price. But for my next purchase I will be going back to Panamoz - their Customer Service is much more open and friendly and not at all evasive. If you go back through this thread (and I have) there are no negative comments about Panamoz but plenty about E-Infinity.

Hi

1. The serial number on the box does not match the serial number of the lens. Lens serial is 2004XXXX. The number on the box is 88487974 - which is not even a valid Nikon serial number.
2. I went to check the lens serial number against the warranty card, but there is no warranty card in the box.

I have used E-Infinity previously and I understand that these are 'grey market' products, sourced internationally. However I have previously purchased such lens - both from E-Infinity and Panamoz - and the serial numbers matched on the box and lens.

Please advise - I have not used the lens as yet, not even mounted it, as I feel that I may have to return it in these circumstances.

Thank you.

Hi Brian,

Regards,
CS Team
E-infinity

Why is the serial number not on the box? I've never heard of this happening before, even with grey import lenses.

And why no warranty card (again I know that the warranty is with E-infinity and not Nikon)?

Regards

Hi Brian,

All products we sell are imports and international versions. It will be covered by our 12 months warranty instead of the manufacturer's guarantee. The warranty starts on the day that you receive your product. You may find more information about our warranty policy here: https://www.e-infin.com/ww/common/return_policy

Regards,
CS Team
E-infinity

Thank you.

[NO RESPONSE]

I am not sure what you are expecting them to tell you or reveal.
If they did in fact take the warranty card out, they'll hardly own up to it because they are selling you a "new" item.
And I guess same applies for the box and lens mismatch.

p.s. not defending e-infin, I would never deal with them. Just saying that you should not expect anything more from them.

(my mate did get back to me about his Nikon 400mm PF, he doesn't keep the boxes it seems :facepalm: , I guess a lot common consumers don't think about resale values and such)

Last edited:

Hi

Thank you.

Hi Brian,

Regards,
CS Team
E-infinity

Regards

Hi Brian,

Regards,
CS Team
E-infinity

Thank you.

[NO RESPONSE]
Could it be that the 24-120 was split from a kit from a z body and lens kit? That could explain how/why the warranty card was missing and the incorrect box. What box did it ship with? Was it a nikon one?

I am not sure what you are expecting them to tell you or reveal.
If they did in fact take the warranty card out, they'll hardly own up to it because they are selling you a "new" item.
And I guess same applies for the box and lens mismatch.

p.s. not defending e-infin, I would never deal with them. Just saying that you should not expect anything more from them.

(my mate did get back to me about his Nikon 400mm PF, he doesn't keep the boxes it seems :facepalm: , I guess a lot common consumers don't think about resale values and such)

What I was expecting from them was simply some transparency.

The missing warranty card is no big deal, for the reasons stated. The serial number issue is an oddity and one that I had hoped they would explain, instead of simply ignoring the question. And yeah, I don't expect the box issue to affect resale value - but I am one of those people who always keeps the boxes!

What I was expecting from them was simply some transparency.

The missing warranty card is no big deal, for the reasons stated. The serial number issue is an oddity and one that I had hoped they would explain, instead of simply ignoring the question. And yeah, I don't expect the box issue to affect resale value - but I am one of those people who always keeps the boxes!

I am surprised they didn't just tell you "that's how we got it from the manufacturer or supplier"
But at the same time if they are not wanting to lie, and there has been some swapping and trading and such.... they'll hard own up to it and be transperent when they are claiming to sell new items.

Could it be that the 24-120 was split from a kit from a z body and lens kit? That could explain how/why the warranty card was missing and the incorrect box. What box did it ship with? Was it a nikon one?

Re the split - it's possible - but the box is a 'proper' Nikon 24-120mm one, not the white kit lens type.

As I said, the missing warranty card is no big deal as it is meaningless anyway - I wouldn't blame them (or any other grey market retailer who provide their own warranty) for removing the cards as they probably cloud the warranty issue for some folk.

It's the indifferent attitude - that, coupled with some of the other experiences outlined in this thread, is enough for me personally to avoid using them again. Email correspondence with Panamoz is on a much more personal and friendly level.

I am surprised they didn't just tell you "that's how we got it from the manufacturer or supplier"
But at the same time if they are not wanting to lie, and there has been some swapping and trading and such.... they'll hard own up to it and be transperent when they are claiming to sell new items.

And if they had even done that then I suppose I would have thought 'fair enough' - but they have simply avoided addressing the issue completely.

As a matter of interest, why would you never deal with them? Are you against buying grey in general, or is there something specific re E-Infinity?

As a matter of interest, why would you never deal with them? Are you against buying grey in general, or is there something specific re E-Infinity?

I generally do not buy grey imports. All my current gear is UK sourced.
Having said that I have bought from Panamoz twice in the past because I could not source the item I wanted in a reasonable time frame within the UK.
Basically I will try to do what I believe is the right thing as best as possible. But when I am spending ££££ on something, if the UK dealers can't source it for me when I need then it I will source it from wherever I can to get the job done.

But even if I have resort to buying grey in future it won't be from e-infinity. I personally know people who've been burnt by their so called warranty. Their after sales support basically seems non-existant. And there's plenty of reports on this forum including yours that shows they are happy to ignore customers.
I wouldn't expect them to own up and be honest about the sourcing of your lens (split from a kit or swapped or whatever) but I would still expect them to not ignore you.

Last edited:
And if they had even done that then I suppose I would have thought 'fair enough' - but they have simply avoided addressing the issue completely.

There's a strong likelihood that whoever is answering is simply detached from the specific shipping and doesn't know. You don't have the kind of specific problem with the lens that they expect to deal with (i.e. it's not faulty) so from their perspective you have a working lens and no problems... next.... and maybe they're just too busy to answer what are time-wasting questions from their perspective.

Thanks for the headsup. Their prices on most Nikon mirrorless bodies and glass are a fair chunk below Panamoz just now but sounds like they might be best avoided

Thanks for the headsup. Their prices on most Nikon mirrorless bodies and glass are a fair chunk below Panamoz just now but sounds like they might be best avoided

Definitely worth quoting their prices to Panamoz to see what they can do.

Yeah I won't be using them without PayPal, I don't think you're credit card covers you.

Guess I should order anything I want sooner rather than later.
Will overseas purchases be protected? Yes, Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act applies whether the purchase is made in the UK, abroad or online. You should get the same type of protection, as long as the purchase meets the criteria set out by your credit card

Should VAT be paid when ordering from E-infinity ?

Should VAT be paid when ordering from E-infinity ?

There is nothing to pay over and above the price they quote.
In the unlikely event that any duties etc. are levied, they will pick up the cost.

I have also decided to never again buy something from e-infinity. Before my last purchase I must say everything was fair and correct. Now a bought a Z9 from them. OK, I knew it would be a grey market camera as was a D850 which I bought from them (for the Korean market, 55xxxxx serial number) and I really didn't care as long as the camera works fine. I got my Z9 reasonably fast, but with a completely fake serial number. On the box there was a bogus sticker with a 88xxxxx serial number and on the camera a fake six digit serial number 0xxxxx! The previous original serial number sticker was removed and replaced with a fake one. I checked for the real serial number in the exif data and it was 78xxxxx.
I wrote them immediately a complaint and first they answered me as they had no idea about it and requested photos. I've sent them the photos and then they said that they didn't know about it and that it was their "supplier's" fault. Frankly, I don't believe them a word as the Z9 is the most expensive thing they sell and they checked it before they dispatched it to me definitely. After a few email they offered me to send the camera back to them (on my expense, of course) and they would pay me back my money, but after reading all the negative comments about how long it take for them to pay you back, I decided to keep the camera as it works flawless. E-infinity - never again!

My wife ordered the new fuji 100VI last weekend, she received an email saying 1-2 days processing time, her order status is still showing as payment received, she sent an email asking for an update and they replied stating that the process takes upto 4 days, why send an email out saying 1-2 days ?

E-infinity are very good. My last couple of cameras have come from them. They do provide an insurance based warranty although I’ve never had cause to test it. They send it out pictures of the items they are sending to you alongside pictures of any documents.

Difference in price on the last D850 I bought from them was £800 and seeing as the only thing you lose is the Nikon U.K. warranty I’d say it was a very good deal. I can tell you with absolute certainty that the Nikon U.K. warranty is not worth £800. Tbh it’s not even worth the paper it’s written on…

Day 6 and my wife's order hasn't been processed, still showing as payment received. They have also stopped replying to her messages. I think they don't have the stock but still taking orders. She paid via Paypal so I've told her to give it a few more days before raising a claim. Just looking over at Trustpilot at there reviews there are so many 5-star reviews from people who have only left 1 review which looks dodgy to me. Also, the UK address is some random Surban house. Last time we will use e-infinity and will try Panamoz if we buy another camera in the future

Day 11 , order still showing as payment received and no coms still, had to raise a claim via PayPal, definitely won't be using this company again, I've used them over 10 times over the years but they seem to have gone down hill rapidly , they could have at least responded to our emails

They could be playing "catch up" after the Chinese new year celebrations - everything closes down for 16 days and no work is done, the new year celebrations only came to an end on 26 February

Just tested them out by purchasing an RF control ring adaptor.
went perfectly, despite ordering just prior to Chinese new year, the delay was minimal,
communications were excellent throughout

They could be playing "catch up" after the Chinese new year celebrations - everything closes down for 16 days and no work is done, the new year celebrations only came to an end on 26 February
Maybe but they could have at least replied to emails

Maybe but they could have at least replied to emails

Unfortunately everything closes down and no work is done, including replying to emails, during the Chinese new year celebrations.

Hope everything works out OK for you.

Back