Anyone used E-infinity ?

I've used E-infinty a few times for 3 bodies and 2 lenses, no issues. Haven't bought any new kit from them for the last 2 years. Had to buy a lens that I had been putting off for a while, then suddenly needed it for a job. Bought in the UK only as I needed it quick. Another lens purchase is coming up, so I'll check out E-infinity and the competition before ordering.

So reading the assorted messages on here can someone clarify

- Average delivery time seems to be 3 weeks is this correct

- What are their usual warranty terms and if problem is it a return to a UK address or Overseas

Asking the last question as their quoted terms for Dead items etc is that the buyer ultimately pays return postage - now my understanding of Uk Consumer Law is the supplier should be paying in this instance

thanks

Last edited:
I received my D850 from e-infinity the other day, 10 days after ordering. I've had a D500 bought from them 3 years ago, no problems so no warranty concerns.

So reading the assorted messages on here can someone clarify

- Average delivery time seems to be 3 weeks is this correct

- What are their usual warranty terms and if problem is it a return to a UK address or Overseas

Asking the last question as their quoted terms for Dead items etc is that the buyer ultimately pays return postage - now my understanding of Uk Consumer Law is the supplier should be paying in this instance

thanks

They do not come under UK consumer law jurisdiction. The warranty they provide is basically a gentleman's agreement at best than a real warranty.
you will have to send your camera or lens to a local repair centre and they will reimburse you the repair costs. If for whatever reason they stop operating in the UK then the warranty is basically meaningless.

They do not come under UK consumer law jurisdiction. The warranty they provide is basically a gentleman's agreement at best than a real warranty.
you will have to send your camera or lens to a local repair centre and they will reimburse you the repair costs. If for whatever reason they stop operating in the UK then the warranty is basically meaningless.

I think thats enough to put me off using them in the current economic situation, will wait until another supplier has the item I seek in stock - thanks for this

I bought a Sony body from there and it registered for warranty with Sony.
Not sure what would happen if it had arrived not working must admit.
The delivery with stuff I bought there has been 10 days but tracking info can be a bit hit and miss.
So don't worry unduly if you only have the item photo for a week or more as it might arrive next day.
Sometimes they don't even specify which courier it is sent by

Recieved my RX10 iv 9 days after the order was placed, registered with Sony for full warranty, no issues at all. In fact I have never had an issue with anything that I have bought from e infinity or any other supplier.

Electronics are so reliable these days it's usually human error that causes the problem.

Has anyone used Zamsino.co.uk prices are eye catching, have tried to find reviews but no sign the site seems to be linked to a company called electro-tech plus ltd which is legit

Last edited:
Has anyone used Zamsino.co.uk prices are eye catching, have tried to find reviews but no sign the site seems to be linked to a company called electro-tech plus ltd which is legit

Not personally but the prices look even better than E-Infin

Their delivery process is a bit ... well ... vague. Presumably due to their grey importing business model?

I ordered a lens on the 15th and got an acknowledgement. Then came a photo of the lens box, plus outer box with a Royal Mail shipping label attached. Then came an email with a 'shipped - 24 hours delivery' message plus a RM tracking link.

But nothing has moved now in over a week. Customer Services just say "on its way".

The label says that the return address is in Manchester. I presume they box things up (wherever they are in the world - China, I presume), get a UK agent to book shipping and send the label, then they ship a larger box with multiple orders to the UK, where someone then splits the orders up and deposits them at a Post Office.

I bought 2 or 3 items from them recently, the final delivery was always Hermes - who are good here unless usual delivery lass is having a break.
The info they supply could be better but don't fret if they say it is on the way it is coming it seems to be 10-14 days is fairly normal.

Well, I'll soon be able to post some info on E-infinity's warranty process. The Tamron 18-300 that I bought in April (see message above) has a zoom ring that started off a bit stiff and now seems to be getting stiffer and stiffer to turn. To the point it's hard to zoom smoothly and slow to use with any cropping precision. :(

I asked in the Fujifilm thread but it seems no-one her has the lens to offer an opinion. But it's definitely far far stiffer than the Tamron 17-28 that I have on Sony FE.

Have emailed customer service and asked what the process is... will report back and update ASAP.

E-infinity customer service replied. First asking to see a video/photo of the issue. I replied that the problem is the stiffness of the zoom ring, not something you can see or show.

New reply says that as the 14-day return period is over, it's now up to me to take it to a local (UK) service centre to get a quote for repair. And "If they are able to fix the problem for you at a reasonable cost, we are happy to reimburse you with the fees."

More as soon as I can get to a repair shop! (Campkins, my local Fujifilm dealer, does repairs but requires £10 for quotes.)

Last edited by a moderator:
E-infinity customer service replied. First asking to see a video/photo of the issue. I replied that the problem is the stiffness of the zoom ring, not something you can see or show.

New reply says that as the 14-day return period is over, it's now up to me to take it to a local (UK) service centre to get a quote for repair. And "If they are able to fix the problem for you at a reasonable cost, we are happy to reimburse you with the fees."

More as soon as I can get to a repair shop! (Campkins, my local Fujifilm dealer, does repairs but requires £10 for quotes.)

Does not sound great considering einfinity have been putting their prices up these days to the point where a D500 is several hundreds more than 2 or 3 years ago and that camera is as old as the hills now. Same with many other items, they are not such a great deal anymore to buy from

Lens now with Campkins for them to get a quote from whichever repairer they use. More later...

Does not sound great considering einfinity have been putting their prices up these days to the point where a D500 is several hundreds more than 2 or 3 years ago and that camera is as old as the hills now. Same with many other items, they are not such a great deal anymore to buy from

I think that's the same with most retailers.

Pentax 645z with Wex, December 2020 - £3699 - now £4499 - even older than the D500
D850 on Panamoz, Einfin - a not exactly new DSLR - still almost £2000 on Panamoz and a hilarous £2700 on Wex.

Having a look at any £ vs dollar chart explains that sadly

I do like using them as you can save hundreds but everytime.i order an item it usually takes 3 to 4 weeks, I see some people say 7 days..... I wish!

I placed an order last Wednesday, currently my status says payment received, I emailed them yesterday and they said its already been shipped and they will provide the tracking details "later", not overly impressed with there service this time, I think somebody is lying about my order being shipped when it's still sat in there warehouse.

“shipped” rarely means shipped whoever the. Company is e-infinity or JL.

I think you are right, its probably in their dispatch/ outward goods pending department.

Not dealt with e- infinity for many years but they used to deliver within 7 -10 days typically - that was well before the plague etc. Pretty effcient box shifters ex HK

I placed an order last Wednesday, currently my status says payment received, I emailed them yesterday and they said its already been shipped and they will provide the tracking details "later", not overly impressed with there service this time, I think somebody is lying about my order being shipped when it's still sat in there warehouse.

My R7 was like that, ordered it on the 1st July got it on the 13th.

I messaged them and got a similar response to you.

They are quite a bit slower than they used to be.

“shipped” rarely means shipped whoever the. Company is e-infinity or JL.

I think you are right, its probably in their dispatch/ outward goods pending department.

Not dealt with e- infinity for many years but they used to deliver within 7 -10 days typically - that was well before the plague etc. Pretty effcient box shifters ex HK
this is my 10th order with them and it's always been 3 to 4 weeks, I have never had an item from them delivered in under 7-10 days, I wish they would also stop blaming covid for their delays.

My R7 was like that, ordered it on the 1st July got it on the 13th.

I messaged them and got a similar response to you.

They are quite a bit slower than they used to be.
Hopefully i get my tracking number shortly then, I have never known them to be anything but slow :LOL:

ISTM that the (UK) tracking number is created before - long before - your package arrives in the UK. I was sent a photo of the label on my lens' packing box, but it did not register on the tracking page until at least a week later.

I think that batches of these orders are pre-packed, booked and labelled in Hong Kong (?) but then shipped in one large box to the UK 'hub'. And maybe they only ship from HK when the package is big enough to justify it - economies of scale. Once the package arrives in the UK (most likely being underdeclared for UK Customs, I would guess), the large package is split up and sent out as individual boxes. Only then does the UK tracking link start to work.

(guesswork, but there's something funky happening, and I never got a straight answer for the delay)

ISTM that the (UK) tracking number is created before - long before - your package arrives in the UK. I was sent a photo of the label on my lens' packing box, but it did not register on the tracking page until at least a week later.

I think that batches of these orders are pre-packed, booked and labelled in Hong Kong (?) but then shipped in one large box to the UK 'hub'. And maybe they only ship from HK when the package is big enough to justify it - economies of scale. Once the package arrives in the UK (most likely being underdeclared for UK Customs, I would guess), the large package is split up and sent out as individual boxes. Only then does the UK tracking link start to work.

(guesswork, but there's something funky happening, and I never got a straight answer for the delay)
I think you are right, this is what I've also thought, i don't mind using them as it saves me quite a lot of money, I can put up with the wait but I just wish the customer support was better and more honest

I’ve used them once, they were fine and I’d happily use them again. they were a little slower than panamoz, but there were still loads of issues going on around goods coming in from Europe at that time (still are I assume) so that wasn’t a major issue

I placed another order with them for 2 lenses last week, normally they take around 2 to 4 days to get the shipped notification, this time it took 7 days, add on the shipping time from Hong Kong to the UK and then the handling time from the UK courier, it looks like I'm going to be in for a longer wait than usual.

I ordered a camera body and 2 lenses at the beginning of August. The whole transaction from placing order to receiving the goodies took 8 days......

I ordered a camera body and 2 lenses at the beginning of August. The whole transaction from placing order to receiving the goodies took 8 days......
A lot of people say 8 to 10 days , efinity must hate me as my average order time is 3 weeks, funny though as the drop shipping address they use almost has the same post code as me, I can literally throw a stone at there windows

Back