Anyone used The Photographers Bag on ebay ?

Well done, at least it also shows that sellers who follow all the rules are still afforded protection and it isn't always "the buyer is always right" on eBay as some people think.
True but it's still an abuse of the ebay system. They probably do this a lot and think most people will just cave in. Someone routinely doing this to try gain advantage should be kicked off, and multiple accounts should not be allowed.

It's probably also that this was well defended, and if a seller doesn't produce images then the case automatically goes against them.

Last edited:
and multiple accounts should not be allowed.

It's not though, the photographers bag is a single sales outlet for several different people from what I understand from my dealings with them.
What we dont know from this thread is if it is just one of them trying things on, or all of them?

It's probably also that this was well defended, and if a seller doesn't produce images then the case automatically goes against them.

To a certain degree you could consider a seller who can't be bothered to properly photograph the item to be opening themselves up to exactly that. Especially as this is being discussed on a photography forum, how hard is it to properly document an item?

And cases don't automatically go for or against anyone, someone at eBay will consider the case, I know someone who sold a phone on eBay and had a dishonest buyer who returned a piece of wood in the space in the box that the phone should have been in, he got the buyer to send a copy of the return tracking slip and scanned it with the original tracking slip to show the weight variance between the 2 (the return was significantly heavier) and eBay decided in his favour without any issues.

And for good measure he also had the phone blacklisted ;)...

Back