Attach mannequin head to light stand?

Name
cherry
Edit My Images
No
Hi there, I have sourced a mannequin head (with shoulders and flat base) to practice lighting and flagging. I understand a mannequin will not be as good as a real model but after reading the book "light science magic" I wanted to experiment with the basics of portraiture in a controlled environment, with studio flash & modelling light

I was wondering what I could use to securely place the mannequins head on to the lighting stand, so it could easily be attached & dismantle, if this is possible?

If not a lighting stand I have a cheap tripod that it could be mounted too, I just don't know the best way to do this - ie diy plate/screw/ mount?

Thanks for any help

Last edited:
I just stick mine on a table, she doesn't complain.

If you've got a light stand with reversible spigot, you can buy one of those plate mounted spigots used for wall or ceiling mounting and attach the plate to the base of the mannequin.

You can do as Garry says, but I'm guessing you want the head at 'head height' as a more real world situation.

How heavy is the head? - there's a range of definitions of "securely attached" depending whether it's expanded polystyrene or cast iron.

If you put 'manikin stand' into amazon/ebay search bar, quite a few options come up.

Sorry for the delay... My Internet been going haywire

That's great help on all counts - i will look at the spigot and also mannequin stands

The head is made of plastic and can be moved around on the neck /shoulder section, it isn't that heavy but I would prefer use on a stand so I can adjust the height easier

Garry thanks aswell because it was myself who had emailed you in relation to the boom stand kit you sell - thanks again for all your advice

Back