Audi TT RS Roadster in a Hanger.

Name
Matthew
Edit My Images
No
Okay, this was my most organised shoot to date, with access to an Aircraft hanger and a lovely TT RS, the client works for the business so the location was an easy one, and meant it could be shot any weather, ironically it was sunny all day!

Tried a few more advance editing techniques, it took a lot longer than my usual post, but I think it's made a much better outcome, and as such, all critique is welcome.

Audi TT RS Roadster
by Matthew_Dear, on Flickr

Audi TT RS Roadster

Audi TT RS Roadster

Audi TT RS Roadster

Cont...

Nice set, surreal location to have handy! Some of them are overexosed though!

Really nice. I don't actually think they are over exposed, my view is that the car just looks a very pure, bright, clean white. I love the symmetry of the shots in the middle of the hanger doors, moreso the head on shot. I appreciate you can't actually remove or avoid the tree from the shot you took looking out of the hanger, but would you consider cloning it out, just to maitain that beautiful symmetry?

The only one I don't like is the see through bonnet shot, and that is only down to a personal opinion that I don't like them. I think you've executed the shot beautifully though.

Great job, I bet your client is delighted. Rare car too, I've worked upon a few RS Coupe's, but never a Roadster.

Not sure which ones you're meaning Reinis? I checked in Photoshop when editing to make sure the whites weren't blowing, which is awkward on a fresh ice white car!

Cheers Paul. I tried cloning the tree out but it looked very false to me, obviously because I knew it was there! There's just not enough non tree sky to make it look convincing enough, and I sort of like how it breaks the symmetry, very little in that shot is actually symmetrical, the wing mirrors are one. Bonnet shot I was hoping to do a clear style but white just won't work with it, so did this peeled back style you see, to cover up the usual stickers etc at the sides of the bay.

Client hasn't seen the set yet, decided to put them up here first to see if there was anything I'm missing, fresh sets of eyes etc. Ever been out in one? Shocked me how quick it is even standard for a small car.

I've driven a Coupe, you're right it is quite a nippy little car. Unfortunately that day I'd just been driving my friend's McLaren (the TT RS belonged to his neighbour who offered me a drive), and after an MP4-12C the TT was always going to struggle to really stand out!

Fair comment on removing the tree looking false, it's still a very good image. And same for the clear bonnet shot, as I say I think you've made a fantastic job of it, I've just never found those pictures appealing.

Can't wait to see your next project.

First 4 are really good mate. The location and the plane top it off.

The shadows are a distraction if being really picky in the first one. Not entirely sure if you could do anything about that.

Guy will be chuffed.

It was nice to be able to capture business, pleasure, and his girlfriend, all in one shot, as he's a pilot, loves driving cars (although has a 172 for track, not sure how much that will be used now he has this) and this is infact his girlfriends car.

I must admit I never even considered the shadows. They're in the non lit photos too (other than the shadows from the plane) so not a huge amount I can do about them in the future (as I will be shooting here again). I could look at lighting the background individually or using a non flashed image for the background perhaps.

Not sure which ones you're meaning Reinis? I checked in Photoshop when editing to make sure the whites weren't blowing, which is awkward on a fresh ice white car!

In the rig shots you nicely captured the lines and curves of the car, while in 1 and 3 they are barely visible, could be personal preference, but I do prefer higlights more seen! Good job on the set anyway as said before.

Awesome car & location, your photos are coming along nicely as well. Really like these and your rig shots.

Only slight niggle is that the car is so white the plane just looks grey, possibly brighten it a bit in PP? In terms of a photo would give it a more uniform finish.

If you are shooting there again would love to see some indoor moody shote like #2 is hinting at, plus some internal rigshots would be outstanding - don't miss out on that oppurtunity!!

I've dulled the plane down so that it isn't grabbing attention from the car, and obviously the plane wasn't lit whereas the car was. Was the main issue with the car also being white.

I did think of doing some but just didn't in the end, a lot of that is processing work and the image was exposed the same as the rest, just the BG was very messy.

Internal rig shots are something I'm not sure why I didn't do.

Cheers.

#6 and #7 for me. The plane detracts a bit from the car rather than being a prop (imo).

I did think that at the time, and try to use it merely as a background, but it looked odd if the fuselage was cut out at all, and the owners a Pilot of that plane so for the client it was important.

Back