weekly Awesomekid's 52 for 2015- Week 7 Bold added

Hi Jenny,

Watery - I love the idea. It looks a wee bit soft, but it's difficult to hold the camera steady so close to the ground (well, it is for me at any rate:oops: :$)

Bold - nicely shot and I think the selective colour works very well - it Certainly pops

Scenic - very scenic shot, lovely composition, I think your horizon might be a bit off though

still, great catch up :)

Watery, nice idea, but as Lorraine has mentioned its a little soft.
Bold, again a nice idea on the theme, I'd be inclined to try a levels boost to make the most of the bold colours on the mono background.
Scenic, It certainly is, but again the horizon is off and a levels boost to make the most of the sun that's hitting the valley,
might be worth trying.
Nice Catch up (y)

HI Jenny

Your reshoot of Bliss is much better , sharper & better lit :)

Bold...quite like a bit of selective color & this one fits that bill ,think it just needs a bit more contrast to sort the greys out & boost the orange :)

Scenic....that has real potential...slight rotation counter clockwise and as Chris says a levels boost (y)

Hi Jenny,

Watery - I love the idea. It looks a wee bit soft, but it's difficult to hold the camera steady so close to the ground (well, it is for me at any rate:oops: :$)

Bold - nicely shot and I think the selective colour works very well - it Certainly pops

Scenic - very scenic shot, lovely composition, I think your horizon might be a bit off though

still, great catch up :)

Hi Lorraine,

Thank you! :)

Watery, nice idea, but as Lorraine has mentioned its a little soft.
Bold, again a nice idea on the theme, I'd be inclined to try a levels boost to make the most of the bold colours on the mono background.
Scenic, It certainly is, but again the horizon is off and a levels boost to make the most of the sun that's hitting the valley,
might be worth trying.
Nice Catch up (y)

Hi,

Thank you, I have done this and it makes it better!

Week 7- bold edit
by Awesomekid on Talk Photography

Thanks again :)

HI Jenny

Your reshoot of Bliss is much better , sharper & better lit :)

Bold...quite like a bit of selective color & this one fits that bill ,think it just needs a bit more contrast to sort the greys out & boost the orange :)

Scenic....that has real potential...slight rotation counter clockwise and as Chris says a levels boost (y)

Last edited:
Watery - The composition is good, I really think the greens could do with a slight boost in saturation, its slightly flat at the moment.

Bold - Another fitting image for the theme, I'm not a huge fan of selective colouring but this works for your image.

Scenic - A lovely scene but please straighten the horizon to do the image the justice it deserves :)

Keep up the good work :)

A definite improvement IMO (y)

Hi Jenny ...my first visit to your thread ...well done so far.

Your edited bold shot looks great ...a really good choice to use the selective colour ....very eye catching and bang on theme.

Great catch up from you bold edit works much better, keep up the good work.
Thanks! :)

Watery - The composition is good, I really think the greens could do with a slight boost in saturation, its slightly flat at the moment.

Bold - Another fitting image for the theme, I'm not a huge fan of selective colouring but this works for your image.

Scenic - A lovely scene but please straighten the horizon to do the image the justice it deserves :)

Keep up the good work :)

Thank you for your comments.

Back