Bags at Currys

@benners
it's behind the counter in a cabinet so you gotta ask the staff. It's near all the SLR camera on display.

@benners
it's behind the counter in a cabinet so you gotta ask the staff. It's near all the SLR camera on display.

cheers deepblu :)
my local store doesn't have a camera counter any more, it's all out in the open... but hoping to check out a couple of other stores this week so will bear that in mind (y)

For what it's worth I phoned my local branch (national number though) and the sales person went away to check and come back saying no Vertex bags are left nationwide at all. They could have been wrong though, it's been known.

If you need one of these bags and you know someone going through an airport, get them to buy one from the Airside Currys. When I checked in Stockport this morning, there was only 1 left at Cheetham Hill which I reserved and got, but there were 9 at Manchester Airport in their 2 stores there.

I think I might have missed the boat here, but I'll go and have a look in my local Currys on my lunch hour. The 100 is exactly what I'm after, as my shoulder bag is causing me pain, and my kit has outgrown my Slingshot 100. :D

If there is anyone in the Fulham area then there are apparently 2 left in stock there (according to the stock checking system in my local store). These are the closest to the Southend/Basildon area.

none in Colchester Stanway / Central stores either :(

They have one or two left in four stores, according to the store I visited today. But I'm heading down South for the weekend on Friday, and will be stopping at a couple of them to see if I can get one, so I'm reluctant to post the details in case someone gets there before me. :LOL:

I think the Blackburn store had one or two left. And Fulham. I'm not visiting either of those, so fill your boots. :D

Well I been in all Portsmouth, Hedge End and Eastleigh stores and NOTHING.

If anyone does have a 200 they want to send/sell (or swap me for a Crumpler rucksack :D )
I'd be most grateful........

I'm still looking for a 100, I went to get the 200 to pass on but none when I went back :(

I've only got one more shop to check in the whole north east lol
joe

good luck joe, if you can get a spare i'll be happy to reward you for your troubles ;-)

I'm still looking for a 100, I went to get the 200 to pass on but none when I went back :(

I've only got one more shop to check in the whole north east lol
joe

They can check the stock controls in one shop of the bag for other shops..

They have one or two left in four stores, according to the store I visited today. But I'm heading down South for the weekend on Friday, and will be stopping at a couple of them to see if I can get one, so I'm reluctant to post the details in case someone gets there before me. :LOL:

I think the Blackburn store had one or two left. And Fulham. I'm not visiting either of those, so fill your boots. :D

Dont try the Blackburn store - I,ve just filled my boots !! (y)
Thanks for the heads up Eighth Avenue (Iain)

Dont try the Blackburn store - I,ve just filled my boots !! (y)
Thanks for the heads up Eighth Avenue (Iain)

How big were your boots?...don't suppose you want to move one (a bag, not a boot) on?

How big were your boots?...don't suppose you want to move one (a bag, not a boot) on?
Dropped into our local Currys in Friern Barnet tonight and they've 4 Vertex 200 and 1 Vertex 300 left in stock. Bought a few of Stealth Reporters but there's still a few left.

I grabbed the last Vertex 300 from the store in Swansea this evening... Was a hell of a trek down from Aberystwyth but I needed to go to Carmarthen and they didn't have any!

Anyone want to buy a nearly new Flipside 400? ;)

Thanks for the heads-up about this deal... I'm not complaining about the drive - especially after grabbing a £160 camera bag for £50!

Cheers,
Si

I've just bought the last Vertex 100 in the Barnsley store. The "system" is showing one left in Watford, but ignore this, as they have checked instore and there isn't one.

So there might be one in Fulham, and there might be one in Blackburn. But there might not be, as this was information from t'other day.

Big thanks to OP on this one. Sent the Mrs to North Shields yesterday with the wrong info so she went in demanding a Vertex 200 for £18! They had one, along with a 100 in there too. She came away with the 200 after a couple of calls to me and only paid £40 instead of £50 :)

Newcastle Kingston Park (Both currys and PCW) were showing 200's and a 300 in stock according to the system at about 7pm last night (I was in Dundee store, nothing showing in scotland at all!). that said, it only updates overnight and runs 24 hours out. After a call to the store, the claimed to not have any in even though the computer said they had.

K

Coventry had two 200's in a basket marked clearence. I really want a 300 so I only bought one for £19.75 !!!!!. I also bought some padded straps at £1.

Big thanks to OP on this one. Sent the Mrs to North Shields yesterday with the wrong info so she went in demanding a Vertex 200 for £18! They had one, along with a 100 in there too. She came away with the 200 after a couple of calls to me and only paid £40 instead of £50 :)

Newcastle Kingston Park (Both currys and PCW) were showing 200's and a 300 in stock according to the system at about 7pm last night (I was in Dundee store, nothing showing in scotland at all!). that said, it only updates overnight and runs 24 hours out. After a call to the store, the claimed to not have any in even though the computer said they had.

K

I checked there twice last week!! silverlink? :bang:

joe

I checked there twice last week!! silverlink? :bang:

joe

Aye, Currys silverlink. Manageress dug it out from the back somewhere and after much deliberation with my other half put it through the till as non-pristine (trust me, it is brand new) with the extra tenner off! :|

The Barnsley store might have one left still. So annoyed. I left the shop with my bag in a plastic bag, and didn't bother looking at it until I was another 100 miles South on the M1 (I have been staying with friends for the weekend). They have sold me the wrong bag! :( I've got a Fastpack 200 instead, which meets my needs at the moment, but is hardly in the same league as the Vertex.

I didn't even bother checking the product, as I paid the exact same price as the Vertex 100 was apparently going for, and they had already set it aside for me behind the customer service desk.

So perhaps they still have the Vertex available. Who knows? :shrug:

still keeping my fingers crossed for the Vertex 300 order I placed on the website... I thought I'd selected special delivery for 1 April, but turns out I'd selected :)thinking:) 8 April... I rang them a couple of days ago and they said the order was ready to be picked. fingers crossed.

UPDATE - pah, 1 week after ordering online, they cancel my order. cheers.

Last edited:
Checked Solihull today Currys and PCWorld nothing visibly on show - guess I should have asked someone. Might pop in again tomorrow ... no time to go to Cov this week.

Oh well .. I probably can live without such a large bag at the moment anyway.

Back