Bags at Currys

Name
Iain
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys, i work at Currys and thought I'd let you know about a couple of clearance bargains they've got at the moment.

Lowepro Vertex 100 and 200 bags have gone clearance and have drastically been reduced in price:

Vertex 100 - £19.97 (Amazon £87.68)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lowepro-Ver...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1269627309&sr=8-1

Vertex 200 - £59.97 (Amazon £113.88)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lowepro-Ver...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1269627384&sr=1-1

These bags are clearance so are few and far between, just picked myself a 200 today from the Blackburn superstore, they still have one left. The 200 is an awesome bag - it's huge!

Just need to get rid of my Flipside 400 AW now :confused:

Hope this helps somebody :)

Iain

do you have to go in store, as i can't find anything on the web

I saw a Vertex 200 yesterday in their Purley Way, Croydon store. I thought the price was a mistake!!! Now I know different!

none in the stoke (festival park) shop anyway :(

I'm back at work on Monday, I'll take a look at the stores in your region (if I remember - crap memory) to see if any stores near you have the bag. You after the 100 or 200?

just the 100 please.

Thanks for having a look in advance. :)

@ stokecity m:

Go to Curry's website.

Find the item you want & add to basket.

Select the collect at store option at checkout.

Type in your postcode & you'll see a list of local stores with indication of stock availability.

They're not on the website, store only. You can only reserve and collect a product if the net stock it

Yes,the deals aren't on the website.

I simply suggest using this to check if stores have stock without actually buying online.

I've done this before with Currys,Comet & Jessops.....

Just got one of these from the local Bracknell branch, what a bargain! it was the last one and the manager told me he had bought one too they were such a steal!!!!! Huge bag, fits my needs perfectly, well done mate for letting us know!!

Just got one of these from the local Bracknell branch, what a bargain! it was the last one and the manager told me he had bought one too they were such a steal!!!!! Huge bag, fits my needs perfectly, well done mate for letting us know!!

Rub my nose in it why don't you :razz:

:D

I just bought the Vertex 100 from PC World as Curry's didn't have one. Still £19.99. Certainly big enough for my needs.

I managed to find 2 200's but they're huge!! Far too big for my needs.
If anyone finds a 100, I'll take it off their hands for them ;)

joe

just in case anyone thought of trying, both Currys and PC World in Ipswich (Copdock) have neither in stock :( just been in...

Last edited:
Oh and if you are going on a "bag hunt" then make sure you check both camera bags and laptop bags sections!! it can take a laptop too!!

joe

Thanks to the OP - I did a search on Curry's site and ordered the Vertex 300 for £49 delivered free. Very happy (if it turns up ok!).

Thanks to the OP - I did a search on Curry's site and ordered the Vertex 300 for £49 delivered free. Very happy (if it turns up ok!).

just looked (and did yesterday too) and it says it is out of stock and recommends an alternative?

I checked after and it said not available - definitely took my order. Perhaps I'll get the dreaded 'out of stock' email later. Hope not...

I checked after and it said not available - definitely took my order. Perhaps I'll get the dreaded 'out of stock' email later. Hope not...

lucky you! i'll keep checking :) ... you sure you didn't purchase the 'alternative' ;)

Quite sure! Had an email confirmation that they're 'preparing my order for delivery'.

I just picked up a Lowepro Vertex 200 AW for further reduced price of £49.97 from the Cheetham Hill store. They have another one left if anybody else is interested. Whilst I was there I noticed few Slingshot models and they have been reduced too. They had a couple of Stealth Reporter D200 AW reduced to £14.97 and I couldn't resist at that price. Here's the number for the store if anybody is local to Manchester - 0161 828 3044.

I just picked up a Lowepro Vertex 200 AW for further reduced price of £49.97 from the Cheetham Hill store. They have another one left if anybody else is interested. Whilst I was there I noticed few Slingshot models and they have been reduced too. They had a couple of Stealth Reporter D200 AW reduced to £14.97 and I couldn't resist at that price. Here's the number for the store if anybody is local to Manchester - 0161 828 3044.

just out of interest were they in the camera section, or with laptop bags?

woohoo, I just randomly checked on Currys and they had one of the 300s available, so I snapped it up! Likewise, it now says they are out of stock, but if anyone is after one, I would suggest bookmarking the product page and checking back regularly :)
A £150 bag for £49 can't be bad!

woohoo, I just randomly checked on Currys and they had one of the 300s available, so I snapped it up! Likewise, it now says they are out of stock, but if anyone is after one, I would suggest bookmarking the product page and checking back regularly :)
A £150 bag for £49 can't be bad!

Well, you may be lucky but I had the dreaded 'out of stock' phone call today and subsequent refund...keep us posted.

Well, you may be lucky but I had the dreaded 'out of stock' phone call today and subsequent refund...keep us posted.

doh! :thumbsdown:

I just got mine from there as well (y). Thanks for that.

Ooo, might pop down to Llansamlet in Swansea tomorrow and check this out, I've been looking out for a new bag!

let me know if there is a 100 in newcastle area/

Probably best to ring your local Currys and ask them to reserve it if they've got one. That's what I did with the 200 at Cheetham Hill. Didn't fancy driving to the other side of Manchester to find Marcel had sneeked off with it ;)

Got mine a 200 at just £49.97, there is one left at currys Old Shoreham Rd , Hove, Sussex That was 3pm today.:clap:

Back