Barclaycard personalisation

Name
James
Edit My Images
Yes
Thought this may interest you guys on here, anyone who is a barclays debit card holder you can now personalise your debit card with any picture you want for free.

Rules:

Uploaded images used in personalised card designs must conform to the following guidelines:
You must own the image or have the permission of the image owner to use it.
If your image includes another person, you must have their consent to use it.
The image you choose for your card must not contain any of the following:
Trademarks or company names (eg images marked with ® or ™ signs);
Images or text protected by copyright (eg images marked with © or other watermarks or notations);
Slogans, tag lines, branding, marketing or promotional products, services or images of companies;
Images of, or the name or nickname of, celebrities, musicians, sportspersons, entertainers, public figures, film stars, cartoon characters, members of the Royal Family or other famous people;
Contact information (eg telephone numbers, URLs, Facebook and Twitter usernames account numbers, addresses or email addresses);
Political statements, or images relating to ethnicity or religion;
Images of flags;
Images, signs, symbols or text relating to money, currency, drugs, tobacco, alcohol, gangs, hatred, graffiti, betting, gambling, or financial products or services;
Provocative, lewd or sexual images or content;
Nudity;
Offensive material (eg images, signs, symbols or text relating to violence, death, injury, racism, cruelty, profanity, obscenity, weapons, firearms, ammunition or terrorism);
Anti-social or obscene behaviour, or socially unacceptable groups;
Content where drinking (or being drunk), smoking or gambling is the focus;
Text unless benign and in the English language;
Any image that might reflect poorly or might engender hostility toward company brands (including MasterCard®, Visa®, or Barclays);
Any reference to the Olympic Games, World Cup or any other international branded event;
Reference to any bank, building society or other monetary institution;
Weapons (unless they are being shown in a ceremonial context).

See here

http://www.barclays.co.uk/PremierBa...3?WT.mc_id=premierpersonalisedcard&P36=WMWCUR

I don't think it should have the comma after 'statements' so:
(No) Political statements, or images relating to ethnicity or religion;

Should be: No Political statements (including images), relating to ethnicity or religion.

No images with any cultural/ethnic theme would be too restrictive. Just think of all the people who couldn't have a family photo like the bank use in their examples.

Hmm, nearly tempted but I don't qualify for the Premier Current Account!

To be eligible to join Premier Banking you must have an annual gross income paid into a Barclays current account of £75,000+ or £50,000+ saved or invested through Barclays. If you meet and continue to meet the Premier Banking eligibility criteria you are eligible for a Premier Current Account at a cost of £10 a month.

Hmm, nearly tempted but I don't qualify for the Premier Current Account!

To be eligible to join Premier Banking you must have an annual gross income paid into a Barclays current account of £75,000+ or £50,000+ saved or invested through Barclays. If you meet and continue to meet the Premier Banking eligibility criteria you are eligible for a Premier Current Account at a cost of £10 a month.

It works off standard accounts too...

I just need to find a good photo to use.

Hey Raymondo, dig the picture, and Vanessa is obviously very talented, but why not use something of your own?

I had this rejected but I don't see why and on what grounds? :( I even got permission from the photographer ! (not that Barclays knows or make any difference)

http://vanessapaxton.com/#the color project/6

Maybe because you didn't provide details of the permissions you obtained for it, maybe because they thought it was likely that you just lifted it off of the internet, maybe they considered it to be 'Provocative, lewd or sexual'.

It's a bit crap that they didn't at least tell you why.

Maybe because you didn't provide details of the permissions you obtained for it, maybe because they thought it was likely that you just lifted it off of the internet, maybe they considered it to be 'Provocative, lewd or sexual'.

It's a bit crap that they didn't at least tell you why.

There is no box to submit proof of ownership or permission !

Perhaps one of them sees this thread lol

I'm glad Barclays is getting its priorities right, what with the furore surrounding its contactless technology and scamming.....

There is no box to submit proof of ownership or permission !

Perhaps one of them sees this thread lol

The fact that they don't have a box could indicate that it is automated to some extent which then might mean that they are doing a reverse search on the image, finding it is already used in dozens of different places on the web, and blocking it automatically because of that.

I wasn't suggesting it was your fault for not submitting the permissions by the way.

Thanks for posting, definitely going to do this when I get home!

Hopefully a photo of my baby daughter will get through the strict acceptance process...

Back