Bargains Thread

RPV100F has a slightly fishy odour... :shrug:

You may be right, although my rolls have been stored in the freezer next to the fish fingers so how would I know?

edit- ignore me I'm a gibbering fruitcake

I'm not sure he's talking about the same film as we get more recently, but Ken Rockwell has a page on Velvia 100 (http://www.kenrockwell.com/fuji/velvia100.htm) and 100F (http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/velvia100f.htm). He says 100F is duller than 100. I've had vociferous arguments made to me on here one way or the other by someone, but I can't remember which one was which!

I tried looking at Ken's page but couldn't really follow his reasoning, he seemed to be comparing the 50 with the 100 and TBH I nodded off while I was trying to work out what he was on about.

... ignore me I'm a gibbering fruitcake

All together now..... WE KNOW :LOL:

I was just trawling 7dayshop to see if they had any bargains, though they rarely do these days, and in fact I noticed that they've removed the bulk discounts from their film stocks, so technically their prices have just risen...again.

However, I then noticed they have TMax 100 in 35mm for £2.89 a roll, delivered. Which genuinely does look like a bargain. If I didn't have a ton of Agfa APX100 and FP4 already, I'd be all over this:

http://www.7dayshop.com/kodak-profe...vLXZpZGVvLXN1cHBsaWVzP2NhdD0yMSNsaW1pdD1hbGw=

I suspect it will be short dated however. Have contacted them to find out - will update if they respond.

Last edited:
Strangely the price has now gone back up to £4.59, as soon as I asked them about expiry. Suspect it was a mistake!

The other day they were charging £7.07 for Tmax100! Weird...

And now the price has fluctuated down again... to £3.69, which is still a very good price.

However, the real bargain on there right now is a 5 pack of Velvia 100 in 120 for £6.69. It's expired Oct 12 but I still couldn't resist 4 boxes. It can join the other expired film I have in the freezer!

Bear in mind though that 7dayshop now charge for postage (as I just discovered at checkout) - from £1.99, which is reasonable, but needs to be factored in.

However, the real bargain on there right now is a 5 pack of Velvia 100 in 120 for £6.69. It's expired Oct 12 but I still couldn't resist 4 boxes. It can join the other expired film I have in the freezer!

Bear in mind though that 7dayshop now charge for postage (as I just discovered at checkout) - from £1.99, which is reasonable, but needs to be factored in.

Incredible price, even though I don't think I have any real use for Velvia. What are 7dayshop up to, charging for delivery when they never used to?

That velvia is a bargain (ordered some more) I've still got some from last year when it was cheap at £12 for 5. Got a roll of T-max to try and a spare roll of Tri-x as its a reasonable price.

Charging a small separate postal fee is better in some respects means you're not paying postage for every item when they all get stuck in the same envelope.

Last edited:
And now the price has fluctuated down again... to £3.69, which is still a very good price.

Thanks for the heads-up....2 boxes of velvia just ordered.

Funny how no-one's disagreed with this yet! :p

You can't argue with the truth, it just makes you look like a cock :LOL:

That's a great price. It's a shame that I don't have any space for any in the freezer. I've already been told off by SWMBO for taking a whole drawer in the freezer for film and trying to take over a shelf in the fridge for film!! :)

fuji superia 200 is at £1.89 each, or was :) at 7dayshop
bought that, some velva and some black and white film

remmber to go via topcashback or quidco if you got it, 2.02% cashback :D

Typical! I ordered some last week at £12.99 and they go and nearly half the price...:crying:

i bought some months ago not got round to using, its just one of those things. 12-13quid was a great price anyways, 6.69 is super great :D

and 7dayshop have 5% off storewide for bank holiday, (applied at checkout)

sigh :(

Typical, isn't it

and 7dayshop have 5% off storewide for bank holiday, (applied at checkout)

sigh :(

Wow. That works out to £1.74 delivered for a roll of (slightly expired) Velvia... (and obviously in even less if you buy more than 1 box and combine postage)

Wow. That works out to £1.74 delivered for a roll of (slightly expired) Velvia... (and obviously in even less if you buy more than 1 box and combine postage)

This was too good to miss, I have bought 2 boxes and it works out at only £1.47 per roll. :):)

For the most part, 7dayshop are no longer particularly competitive for film - but with this 5% discount, it's certainly worth having a look.

For instance, Neopan 400 at £4.99 is £4.74 after the 5% discount - cheaper than AG Photographic, Silverprint, West End Cameras, Process Supplies, Mathers, Amazon 3rd party sellers or Discount Films Direct.

Speaking of cheap Velvia, last time they had that offer on I bought a pack (maybe 18th months ago?). I've only shot two rolls of that 5 pack, haven't even developed the second yet!

Speaking of cheap Velvia, last time they had that offer on I bought a pack (maybe 18th months ago?). I've only shot two rolls of that 5 pack, haven't even developed the second yet!

It doesn't matter that you don't use it. It's a bargain!

I will probably buy another couple of boxes at that price. It just means I'll have a lifetime supply in the freezer.

Someone mentioned it earlier in the thread, west yorks cameras are having another sale on their film, and they have a discount code on their facebook to get another couple of quid off - works out at 8 rolls for £17.50!

The Olympus XA second hand value appears to have dropped - at one point, they were going for £50-60 on fleabay, but they now appear to have dropped to around 30-40.

Regardless, here's an XA for £19.99 from LCE Bristol - http://www.lcegroup.co.uk/Used/Olympus-XA_72488.html

not sure how much they charge for delivery though, and it isn't cosmetically the best - probably makes a very decent user camera though.

T-Max and Ektar 35mm are on sale in 7DayShop at the mo... just picked up a roll of each, as I've not used either!

According to the Dailymail Poundland is now 97p..so film is even cheaper. Oh wait a minute it's only when a nearby 99p shop exists.

Last edited:
It's not the bargain of the century, but Peter Walnes has a Nikon F3 in for £79 + £5 delivery. I was going to bite but between my F2 and FE2, I'm sorted for Nikon 35mm bodies.

Better price than eBay, and from a dealer as well (y)

Back