Bean to cup coffee machine recommendations

Skyline

Emmet Brickowski
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Never owned one before so looking for some good pointers.

I like a nice cappuccino and would only be making one at a time (the wife isn't a massive coffee lover)

Any recommendations for a beginner around £200-250 or under?

I picked up a second hand De'Longhi Magnifica ESAM for £100 and can't fault it, other than it being bloody noisy, but I suspect they all are.

Just bear in mind used machines are blimpin expensive to fix if they go pop. Better to get a normal machine and a separate grinder and just grind your own.

Good price that ^ Tesco are doing it for £519

Yep bargain use the code in the link takes it down to 239!

Much rather pay the extra £20 mate for the newer model both probably very similar but that one you linked to is a much older version.Would be a no brainer for me to get the one on link I posted

We both drink black coffee from a cafetière/press, and I've never seen one of these machines. What's the advantage of using one?

We both drink black coffee from a cafetière/press, and I've never seen one of these machines. What's the advantage of using one?
Main advantage is that it grinds fresh beans (as long as you have fresh beans rather than old ones in a bag that hasn't been opened) and with good pressure creates a nice coffee.

It's all subjective opinion though, according to taste.

Many people I know like only instant...

Like any taste, it can develop as time goes on.

Last edited:
OK, thanks. We do use freshly ground beans, but these seem to be for people who want cappuccino and other 'milky' coffees? Very expensive too!

OK, thanks. We do use freshly ground beans, but these seem to be for people who want cappuccino and other 'milky' coffees? Very expensive too!

They're for people who enjoy "good" tasting coffee of any variety, for which the basis of most is shot(s) of espresso, which is what these machines are really good at when operated correctly.

They're for lazy people who want good coffee at the press of a button.

Bloody love mine.

They're for lazy people who want good coffee at the press of a button.

Bloody love mine.

Now, that's a perfectly sensible explanation...:) I wouldn't mind trying one, but they're a bit too expensive for us.

Back