BENTONVILLE MALL

33L

Name
Lee
Edit My Images
No
I have mentioned this company a few times and have given them my good graces.

I am no longer holding that opinion any more as finally scrimped and saved to get my 50D
they have had the money for the whole of today. I asked them politley which courier do they use and when do i expect delivery.

the reply i got was next week. Now being reasonable i asked why it would take so lind and that it is needed for monday morning.
The Guy i have been emailing me ususally responds in 10mins or less and really appreciated his help.

from when i question why it took so long at 12pm today i have not had a response from 2 emails and their phone line just state to contact via email
to say im not impress is just short of sarcasm.

They have my money they are showing in stock, all i wanted was a reason why so long for delivery. Instead i get the shamless responce of silence. I was going to buy a lens of them as well but i think i will pay a little more for better service if things go tits up.

Their terms of delivery are "within 14 days" unless you pay for next day delivery.

Are you saying that you paid for next day delivery but it's not happening?

Bob

i paid 10 quid delivery, however its not the t&C's that i am moaning about its their lack of even an acknoledgement or even for me to arrange a quicker delivery. I could of done with the camera on the weekend.

I used these for a 40D about 6 weeks or so ago and got it on day 16. When I emailed to ask what they were gonna do about breaking their contract they went very quiet and haven't heard a peep out of them since. Most emails were curt and not very helpful and I had to repeatedly email them for progress reports and tracking numbers. DHL also told me that they had never been contacted to pick up the package when Bentonville had told me it was with DHL.

paul whi i have my emails from in the past has suddenly dissapeared of the face of the planet. I will try and cal lthem today to ask who the courier is (which i have asked and no reply yet) tracking details and why it takes so long to put a box in a plastic bag and then get it picked up. do they only pick up once a week or something!

They list these as the reasons to buy from them on their site:

10 Reasons to buy from Bentonville Mall
1. Secure Easy Ordering
2. Honesty, Integrity & Quality
3. UK Business
4. Warranty
5. Budget Price
6. Only Brand New Products
7. Prompt Delivery
8. One-Stop Shop
9. Great Service
10. Ongoing Support

I'd quiz them about number 7......

i have considered them in the past but gut feeling made me go with parkcameras.com im glad i did my d700 ordered at 3pm arrived next morning with no carriage charge and a little amount cheaper than bentonville, same with 2 pro lenses too. There was something about bentonvilles website design that made me distrust them i dont think they spent much on it

well i got a reply from him today and it stated no more and no less of:

Hi Lee
Yesterday we shipped 300 orders, today looks like close to 500.
Paul

no mention if mine was in those 800 orders or why 300+1 would be a problem, or any explanation nothing!

he has skirted round the issue and i refuse to waste my time with fools like this.

I would never use them again, great price when I got my 40D but poor service and long delivery. Papadoodledoo. Missed shooting a couple of events while waiting for these gonks.

When you do finally get your camera, point them in the direction of this thread. :)

sent him another email today stating that i want to know who by, and by when is my camera is going to be delivered.
I will give him his 14 days and on the 15th i will get the bank to reclaim the funds as he has broken the agreement of his contract.

emailed him again today and have got a reply that its is due to arrive on friday via DHL, i hope they are not as bad as citilink carding and running!

emailed him again today and have got a reply that its is due to arrive on friday via DHL, i hope they are not as bad as citilink carding and running!

Did you ask for a tracking number? At least you'll be able to see if a) they're telling the truth and b) when it was picked up and scheduled to arrive by.

tracking avail 24 hrs prior to shipment. makes sense as probably collected for the warehouse/shop the day before. I will ask for it on friday. If he doesnt reply then we will know for sure that it was a fob off!

tracking avail 24 hrs prior to shipment. makes sense as probably collected for the warehouse/shop the day before. I will ask for it on friday. If he doesnt reply then we will know for sure that it was a fob off!

Exactly what he did with me and turned out it wasn't collected till Monday instead of Thursday by DHL. DHL stated they had not been asked to so couldn't really blame them I suppose. Shady outfit indeed. Bet you don't see it till at least Tuesday.

maybe i will be asking fro tracking on thursday as a reminder to him. - if its late i will be asking for my delivery back even though its £10 its outside of his agreed terms which after all i am paying for.

I have a tracking number and its on the move woo hoo! i finish eartly tomorrow actually have a clear weekend with no work or commitments. The wife is away! I think its time for a field test!
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Last edited:
Great stuff Lee. Good luck with it arriving!! Woohoo, everything comes to he who waits...

i have been told that my mother in law is wrapping it as we speak:annoyed::annoyed:
I got it shipped to her house as i thought at least iknow she is in all the time and wouldn't miss the courier! :bang::bang::bang:
i think waiting on the courier might of been quicker! :crying::crying:

i have been told that my mother in law is wrapping it as we speak:annoyed::annoyed:
I got it shipped to her house as i thought at least iknow she is in all the time and wouldn't miss the courier! :bang::bang::bang:
i think waiting on the courier might of been quicker! :crying::crying:

Is it a christmas present? Or she just wrapping it to annoy you? :LOL:

its not a christmas present, i have been saving up for a new camera - i have bought it with my own hard earned overtime cash!
and she has the nerve to wrap it. - I'm gonig down later and having christmas early.

With a name like mine i can have it at anytime of year! :p

Looks like these guys are also trading under the ProVisualDirect banner - prices look very keen on Canon lenses, but all they state is the usual delivery within 14 days and 12month manufacturers warranty, which could be grey imports i guess.

Think i'll pay a bit extra for some peace of mind.

Body I got wasn't Grey, I cashbacked it and everything.

definatley not grey, checked with canon when i got my body.

Missed shooting a couple of events while waiting for these gonks.

That made me chuckle. Haven't heard that word since the late 60s/70s. I'm trying to remember what they looked like..........

Back