Best of Kenya 2013

Name
Geoff
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

I haven't posted on Talk Photography for a few years and used to be better known for my motorsport photography... well as you can see by the below set I've moved home to Africa and now working as a safari guide and lodge manager in Kenya...

Enjoy and fell free to offer your critic :)

View attachment 4286

Cheetah cub recognising the TRUE safari vehicle of Africa!

Great set, thanks for posting ... love the bee-eaters :)

That's some step-ladder to get that vantage point Geoff.;)
Some stunning photos there,especially like the Bull Elephant and the Zebra panoramic ones.
Do you run photography Safaris at your lodge?

Hi Rob,
Thanks for the comments - it's taken me ages to choose just 24 photos to post!
As for the question about our new lodge - our speciality will be photographic safaris. We are building hides and even our road building is being organised with the best lighting and strong points for game in mind! The area is so scenic and the diversity of game and bird life so rich that your biggest issue will be how many memory cards to bring!

You lucky man, what some people would give to live in a place like that.

I vote all of them as no1's.

Trevor

Hi Rob,
Thanks for the comments - it's taken me ages to choose just 24 photos to post!
As for the question about our new lodge - our speciality will be photographic safaris. We are building hides and even our road building is being organised with the best lighting and strong points for game in mind! The area is so scenic and the diversity of game and bird life so rich that your biggest issue will be how many memory cards to bring!

So are you doing Talk Photography mates rates when up and running then,or do you need a few guinea pigs to come out and see if everything is spot on before the first paying guests arrive.;)

Many thanks Geoff for posting more photos they are all stunning.
Have you got your own website so we can see more ????

Sorry Geoff just found it.
It's an age thing barry

Last edited:
Looks like some amazing memories.
The back drop on the elephant shot is fantastic.

Never got to see a sunrise while i was there but the sunsets are amazing, fire in the sky. Ill have to get round to sorting mine out.

So are you doing Talk Photography mates rates when up and running then,or do you need a few guinea pigs to come out and see if everything is spot on before the first paying guests arrive.;)

Rob - I like your thinking.... we will be offering some discounted incentives to photographers once we are up and running and perhaps, yes, a deal can be struck with Talk Photography. I am in talks with some airlines as well for some cheaper (it's all relative) airfares so watch this space! :)

I'm sorry that you have such a crap job, but I guess someone has to do it :p

The dining Lion and Boomslang are my picks of the bunch (y)

Fantastic photos Geoff, Can I ask where you lodge is based?

From the Cheetah at the start I would have said the Mara as there are 1 or 2 cheetahs that love to climb cars but the further on I would have said Amboseli.

I think the stand out for me is the vultures fighting

From the Cheetah at the start I would have said the Mara as there are 1 or 2 cheetahs that love to climb cars but the further on I would have said Amboseli.

I would be interested to know where you are,
and if any kind of holidays would be available.

love the photos took be back to when I was in Kenya in 85 always said I'll go back one day

Thanks, that young chap was taken at Lewa - he's the first cheetah on the conservancy to use vehicles as a vantage point! Some of my others are indeed taken in Amboseli - my girlfriend and I were managing six camps across Kenya but are now moving on to a brand new camp that will be geared up especially for photographers in an area totally unspoilt by tourism...

Back