Blackpool TP meet images

W

whiteflyer

OK as I'm not a perfectionist like Pete I be the first to put some photos up from yesterdays meet. No messing about with possessing or HDR whatnot just the odd crop here and there.

Your normal Blackpool shot
trawlertram.jpg

A couple of the Art Car Parade
car1.jpg

fishcar.jpg

And after Marcel mentioned the zooming in and out with the shutter open I had to give it a go..

ferriswheel.jpg

Love the last one - very effective result (y)

Not even looked at mine yet, gonna start that later.

Cool :) Love the stars all around the boat tram, and the last one is funky.

lovely stuff :) gonna check through mine when I can find my card reader

Ok Guys .. Here are my feeble attempts.. Looking forward to seeing yours:D

She must be nuts

SCARED!

Bored!

Colourful characters

Mind the Tram Pete...

TFL ..

Nikki

And you said you didn't get any good shots? :eek: You saw a different Blackpool to me. I saw landscapes, you saw people, which is cool. I really like the scared girl, the bored kid and the girl walking through the water. The tower shot is really nice too, but I think it would be perfect with just more space to the left. It feels a bit tight if you get me?

Whiteflyer.. Those are great.. I love the effect on the wheel.. and your Tram shot came out excellent.. Well Captured.

That better

I think you undersold youself Chickadee when you said you only got ok images, those are good, was fun looking at those.

I agree, you've undersold yourself there. You saw Blackpool much better than I did (y)

I love that bored one. Infact I love them all. The only thing I wasnt too keen on was the glinty tower for the tightness that pete mentioned (the repost is better).

You say you only got some OK shots? Theyre better than mine IMO, much better. Loving the people shots!

Yup, the girl in LazyTown is Stephanie. I have absolutely no shame in saying I watch the program with my kids.....
And I thoroughly enjoy it! :D

Still going through all my shots, but have found this shot that must be the answer to "How many photographers does it take to get off the beach"
puddledeb3.jpg

HA Ha! you came across that too... Now why didnt you roll up your Trousers, Don a handkerchief with Knots in the ends and go Paddling .. A la Traditional British Seaside Tradition... :LOL:

wow I missed all your shots higher up Chickadee - they are all great!!! the one of the bored lad and sister/mother looking really bored is a cracking shot - really do like that, by the time I got a shot of them the women had realised and was looking more cross that bored :( The scared women on the ride is a corker too! I had my 10-20 on then so missed it completely :( was fun to watch her though! and the man and dog on the beach came out great! I think I remember you saying you thought that was going to be a good one when you took it ;)

Thanks Jimmy, I was 100 percent Certain that was going to be my Fav of the day, I knew it was right the minute I checked it.. Im not happy with the other lot,Loads of shots missed due to wrong settings, :wacky: And suffered terribly with bad OOF and Noise on majority of Night shots too..

HA Ha! you came across that too... Now why didnt you roll up your Trousers, Don a handkerchief with Knots in the ends and go Paddling .. A la Traditional British Seaside Tradition... :LOL:

Cos we're men, and men either build new stairs, scale the sea front wall or stubbornly walk to the next flight :D

Chickadee...I think you've got some great shots there, and they certainly make me wish I was there!

However, just a personal point - your black band and watermark does nothing for your images. If you're posting some so small, do you really need it? For me, it really disrupts the composition.

Cheers,
James

Belting day out with you guys - here are some of my 'attempts' at capturing Blackpool. The first time i have used the 40D 'in anger' so to speak, and it handles really well.

[1]
Liked the contrast in this one, caught my eye

1694505585_909d4966ed_o.jpg

[2]
1695355876_04e9fab439_o.jpg

[3]
1694506749_78ea2ef8d1_o.jpg

[4]
1695357070_cd85b51f9d_o.jpg

[5]
1694507879_c24e9b610e_o.jpg

[6]
FEED ME!

1694508493_b8193fdeb1_o.jpg

[7]
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

1694510233_80fbcf16f7_o.jpg

[8]
1694510693_a79f417a89_o.jpg

[9]
Getting ready for action!

1695360918_5ec4551cb3_o.jpg

[10]
Ladies and Gentlemen - Elvis has entered the thread!!

1694511639_4b4e671674_o.jpg

[11]
1694512983_66006c0e9c_o.jpg

[12]
Cheeky!

1694509309_37f46cee20_o.jpg

[13]
ere! - Is someone famous showing up!

1695361890_ee96dbfc3f_o.jpg

Great.. Love the Angle off the 10mm-20mm... Nice to see you managed to catch an Angel.. Buggars wouldnt keep still long enough for me ...

You've got some good pics on your flickr too

Great.. Love the Angle off the 10mm-20mm... Nice to see you managed to catch an Angel.. Buggars wouldnt keep still long enough for me ...

You've got some good pics on your flickr too

Tell me about it - i have loads of blury angels in my collection - want some? :D

Hehe Evils looks great :D The shot of South Pier is cool. I'm annoyed I never turned around to get the shot, it was right there. The group shot is hilarious :D

Hehe Evils looks great :D The shot of South Pier is cool. I'm annoyed I never turned around to get the shot, it was right there. The group shot is hilarious :D

The south pier shot was from behind where the cars started as you could get down onto the sea front. Pitch black, clear line of sight, and no-one about (except me and Whiteflyer)

Well what a fool I feel now, rushed to be the first to post and after seeing others efforts I realize how poor mine really are.

Chickadee, yours are great images, just show how togs see things differently as with pete I saw landscapes and you saw people, the bored child is very well spotted.

Chillimonster, I love to two reflection shots (people and steel work) and the central pier from under the north pier is just perfect. The 10-20 shot is very cool.

Jimmy :LOL: that's great I can imagine the look of bewilderment on their faces.

Great shots guys and gals

Ok a more normal one of central pier

IMG_8585.jpg

The real Blackpool

IMG_8482b.jpg

Hey these tram lines look like the meet in the distance..

IMG_8529.jpg

Back