BLACKPOOL ZOO 10TH APRIL TP MEET CHAT THREAD

wow great shot!
just look at their scales...they are weird things really!

god i can remember one day a woman rang the reptile centre i worked at,, and she was soo panicky!! she said..'helllooo...theres a snake in my kitchen!!' i was like..what?! she said 'theres a snake in my kitchen!!' then the pitch got alot higher n she was squealing really fast down the phone 'it going round my coffee jar..o my god, it came out of my drawer what do i do, what do i do??'
i said 'what colour is it n how big?'
she said 'its red, black n white striped...oh my god its heading for the sink!!'
i said 'o its pueblan' (the type of snake)
then she screeched....'ITS A PROBLEM?? WHAT DO U MEAN ITS A PROBLEM!!! OH MY GOD!'
and that was it i lost all control n started in fits of giggles down the phone...i said a PUEBLAN...the type of snake!! its ok, it wont harm you.

needless to say she didnt find it very funny n continued to squeal down the phone!.
turns out it was one of our regular customers snake...it had escaped 3 days before and travelled through the chimney and was in a house 2 doors down from where he lived covered in soot. :LOL: god ill never forget her squeaking...'A PROBLEM!!!!!'

You shoulda said "yeah that's a uhhh Axanthic Coral Snake... better run!" ;)

lol yeah we used to get loads of people coming in and gasping at the tank saying...thats one of those coral snakes!! i was like...yeah, like we just have a highly venomous snake for sale as a pet!! DUUUHHHH!!!
i wanted a snake...but changed my mind after working there...i saw what they could do :LOL: i bought a bearded dragon instead :)

Here are a few of mine. I only carried my 150mm macro lens so if it didn't fit in it didn't get taken :) Hope you like them.

Coughed up by a Lion this fur ball was just by the side of one of the enclosures :shrug:
2gx01ox.jpg

Took quite a few Parrot shots this being my favourite :)
34nnoy8.jpg

Missed all the shows but still got the money shot :LOL:
20z1em1.jpg

Never seen one of these lazy gets flying before, I heard what sounded like a Pterodactyl flapping it's wings behind me (no I'm not that old to have heard one in real life) and the true pro that I am I pointed and kept my finger on the shutter to take a series of photo's, This is the best one that I captured.
zstxyq.jpg

This is her best side apparently
smuma1.jpg

Anyone got a 160mm macro lens? :)
dgpd2e.jpg

Note to self, I must take a tripod next time

fabulous photos all... john, i've never seen a peacock flying before, great shot..

the gorilla is amazing!

Some cracking shot been added (y)

Just looking at them now on the Mac Pro and they look even better than when I was looking earlier....

Who is organising the next meet?

Should I do it? :shrug:

Here's some of mine that made the cut ...

Penguins
IMG_5352.jpg

Gorilla
IMG_5411.jpg

Meerkat
IMG_5430.jpg

Lioness
IMG_5438.jpg

Red Panda
IMG_5523.jpg

Ostrich
IMG_5528.jpg

IMG_5523.jpg

Stretchy25 this Red Panda is fabulous. My wife was trying to take me to see it, but couldn't find it the 2nd time around.

A few from me

The very rare leser spotted Cowasaki
BlackpoolZoo001.jpg

Parrot
BlackpoolZoo003.jpg

blending in nicely
BlackpoolZoo002.jpg

monkey business
BlackpoolZoo150.jpg

spotted a tog?
BlackpoolZoo059.jpg

Red Panda Silhouette
BlackpoolZoo215.jpg

I'm the odd one out, hatless.

BlackpoolZoo059.jpg

so are you somewhere in the background of this?

4509707673_6b89521dbe_o.jpg

Last edited:
Blimey theres some great photos up already. Only just got back (been babysitting at the b-in-l's) so I'll get some asap. Thanks again to Tracey for organising, it was a great day out.

Andy

andrew those are amazing! love the red panda...ig ot one similar too but your is WAAAY better! LOL

steve i love your monkey business one the best!! brilliant!

dave im in love with the sleepy lion pic and the gorilla one...just brill...and your fence hopping paid off for the tiger picture huh!!???!!
LOL

Doubt I'll be winning any prizes but here are my favourite photos I took :) Oh, and sorry about the watermark, but after that crappy digital economy bill got passed I'm not taking any chances xD

First a noisy seagul
4512223694_5449f5399f_o.jpg

This one makes me think "Oh no you didn't!"

4512223864_b773ffa9b1_o.jpg

The obligatory peacock photo...

4511587825_5e9640b536_o.jpg

Jumping through hoops...

4512224772_9d00ea69c4_o.jpg

A reptile...

4512226464_f4a7ba92f6_o.jpg

Finally, a red panda being very rude towards me! xD

4511589017_a529a646f4_o.jpg

Lovely couple of captures of the peacock Tracey & the monkeys too. The ones without cameras I mean. ;)

Some cracking shot been added (y)

Just looking at them now on the Mac Pro and they look even better than when I was looking earlier....

Who is organising the next meet?

Should I do it? :shrug:

Darren m8,1 volunteer is better than 5 pressed men :cautious:

But as the organiser you have to wear tights.:p:p

Okey dokey heres a few of mine to be going on with. I'd do more but I'm right knacked so of to bed in a bit.

Seen more than he's saying...

The Sad King of Nowhere

A curious bird is the pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can...

I'll get some more processed tomorrow including a few of the film shots.

Cheers

Andy

I actually posted this in the wrong location to begin with, apologies for the delay.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

great day out, nice to see so many faces again, especially John(CGeezer) back on his feet so soon.

I mirror your sentiments; John, feeling stiff today?

Anyway, I haven't had an opportunity to work on any pictures so I'll post a few straight from the camera, (any post-processing recommendations are appreciated).

We were blessed with a beautiful day:

DSC06249.png

A short stroll through Stanley park resulted in this, (it got a bird photographer I met very excited, can anyone explain why?):

DSC06199.png

Meerkat:

DSC06465.png

Asian Elephant:

DSC06547.png

Mother and child:

DSC06655.png

For those who were asking for details about my charity run:

I'm running a 10K race known as "The Gauntlet" to raise awareness and funs for the NSPCC. Any donation, no matter how small is very greatly appreciated: www.justgiving.com/NSPCC-WS

The race: an excerpt from the website reads, "This adrenalin charged run across untamed terrain demands physical fitness and mental strength. Expect hills, bogs, rough track, mud, lots of water hazards and a few surprises. This is not your regular running course; there are no mile markers and only one water station. This course is designed to push you as far as you are willing to go. "

WaterHazard.jpg

OutoftheWater.jpg

Itsamonster.jpg

upthehill.jpg

NSPCC Videos:
[YOUTUBE]GBJwOyRV8r8[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]Z0KWYMbV3M0[/YOUTUBE]​

Visit the JustGiving page linked below or visit www.nspcc.org.uk for more information on the charity.

Again, please visit the donation page, and remember "every little helps: www.justgiving.com/NSPCC-WS

I spy a Formula Student t-shirt, same event that I worked towards at uni! Some great shots guys and that group shot is making me want to get a graphics tablet!

Sorry I couldn't make it, but it looks like you all had a good laugh. Was Billy in his Clio? ;)

Hey dude,

Which year? I'm sure Bob, Matt and Lawrence will remember you.

Cheers

I wonder what happens when I pull this rope?
gorilla.jpg

Oh! I daren't look!

orang.jpg

Haa haa haa! Thats ridiculous.
orang2-1.jpg

"Aw! Go on get us a fish." "It's your turn I always get up first, it would be nice if I got one in bed for once!"
otter.jpg

A lovely day and nice to meet some fellow TP members.

Sleeping red panda.
red-panda.jpg

Mine!
tigger-1.jpg

"Ee! This fine weather brings all the animals out doesn't it Ethel". "It Sure does I've lost count of all the togs with long lenses i've seen today."
giraffe-1.jpg

"Don't you point that thing at me!"
okapi.jpg

Wabbits: "You know this can't be right!" "Look i'm sorry I can't do it your bum smells. Can't we do it normal rabbit fashion?"
bunnies.jpg

lmao love your captions phil :)
cracking panda shot!

wasim, love your meerkat shot!!!

andysnap, your gorilla shot is brilliant!! he looks so sad though :(

thank-you very much ramon :) xx

dave...that peacock pic came out brill!! cant believe i was stood right near you when u took something like that!! u buggar!! LOL

tom gorilla shot n peacock ones are brilliant!!! the reptile u took pic of is a blue tongued skink ;)
xx

towershot, love the red panda :) x

here's a efw of mine. Still got some to look at yet, along with the 100 or so I took in my parent's garden when I got back and the 600 I took at rugby yesterday. Might be straight by the end of the week. Wish I'd taken some suncream though, 2 days in the open, no protection and I'm currently doing a damn good impression of a red panda myself.

Can I have some feedback on the colouring/sharpness of these - when I processed them on my laptop they looked almost over saturated but reasonably sharp. Looking at them at work now and they appear a little (lot) dull and very soft. I'm used to the softness (shotting at f5.6 with a t/c isn't conducive to great sharpness) but these look horrid to me. Not sure which screen is out.

Not sure what this is till I get home and read my guide book!
4513289725_3dea7f34e2_o.jpg

Couldn't leave the Meerkats out
4513287495_7805c7f07c_o.jpg

Sad Monkey
4513927418_240f9d242c_o.jpg

Pelican
4513286251_7bd2a6c5ab_o.jpg

My favourite of the day
4513284745_f2ffe6c916_o.jpg

Rest are on my Flickr

See you all next time I hope

I actually posted this in the wrong location to begin with, apologies for the delay.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

I mirror your sentiments; John, feeling stiff today?

Anyway, I haven't had an opportunity to work on any pictures so I'll post a few straight from the camera, (any post-processing recommendations are appreciated).

We were blessed with a beautiful day:

DSC06249.png

A short stroll through Stanley park resulted in this, (it got a bird photographer I met very excited, can anyone explain why?):

DSC06199.png

Meerkat:

DSC06465.png

Asian Elephant:

DSC06547.png

Mother and child:

DSC06655.png

The bird in question is your common garden "Great tit" ,not quite sure why he got excited about it ?? (there was'nt a big eagle behind it waiting to eat it was there :D )

blimey.... note to self: must download pics of memory cards within 3 days of taking pictures!! You lot are so on the ball... i flicked thru my stash taken on the day and so far have deleted about 80 pics, so that just leaves me with about 150 or so to pick out the best of the rest.
playing footy tonight, playing golf tomorrow.... i'll set myself a target of uploading some by thursday then! :bonk:

A few more from me. Have to say that the quality of shots in this thread has left me in awe, stunning stuff guys and girls, really nice work.

Cute... not always.
4516018406_20f95d4a61_o.jpg

Hoopla
4515381579_8f7acc64b8_o.jpg

The Origin of the Species
4516017902_c6ab17433b_o.jpg

Fingers
4516018818_fd09f0c8de_o.jpg

Baby Giraffe
4515383851_2cc2d2efdd_o.jpg

Cheers

Andy