Bolton Abbey Firework Display

Jimmy_Lemon

TPer Emeritus
Name
Tom
Edit My Images
Yes
After many changes of plan I got down to Bolton Bridge near Bolton Abbey to get some shots of the firework display at The Devonshire Arms.

1. Starting with a bang

Bolton Abbey Fireworks by Tom Holmes, on Flickr

2. A bit of light painting of a useful sign, just to prove where I was

3. The only other thing I could find for foreground interest. I have no idea what "Catch returns" are!

4. Sods law a large one goes off just as a frame the many smaller ones they just set off

5. Back to a more simple shot

...few more to follow...

bin the "catch returns" but the rest are good, wish I had some like em (y)

The first two and the last are the best I have seen of fire works on here. They are good in my eyes as there is more than the fireworks in the shots, Quality.

Well it worked out ok... apart from the "catch returns" ?
I'm in Barlick and I haven't seen many fireworks going off tonight. Maybe tomorrow...

cheers

I have no idea what "Catch returns" are
Nor do I but I believe it's something to do with angling. Anyhows, the CR box isn't very photogenic imho and prefer the others without it.

Superb set there JL, I will leave mine off now you have put them on lol.

Superb - 1 and 2 for me - some of the best firework shots I've seen. Didn't know it was a big event up there.

no 5 for me, love the green. but i would be happy to have taken any of them.

i would imagine the catch returns relates to a trout fishery, so they know when restocking needs doing. defo a fishing thing(y)

Nice set.

The Catch Returns bin, is for record cards the anglers fill in with their catch details, quantity, weights etc of the days catch.

bin the "catch returns" but the rest are good, wish I had some like em (y)

I didn't think the Catch Returns ones would be popular :p I was just bored really.

The first two and the last are the best I have seen of fire works on here. They are good in my eyes as there is more than the fireworks in the shots, Quality.

Well it worked out ok... apart from the "catch returns" ?
I'm in Barlick and I haven't seen many fireworks going off tonight. Maybe tomorrow...

cheers

Thanks and yeah I haven't seen many either, a few odd ones around Skipton but not many.

Like the shots nearer the trees. Last ones the best for me.

Nor do I but I believe it's something to do with angling. Anyhows, the CR box isn't very photogenic imho and prefer the others without it.

Cheers :)

Superb set there JL, I will leave mine off now you have put them on lol.

Aw, I am sure yours are good too :)

Superb - 1 and 2 for me - some of the best firework shots I've seen. Didn't know it was a big event up there.

Thanks :) I wasn't expecting the event to be quite so big to be honest. Slightly panicked when I saw they were parking people miles away and loads of police no parking bollards, as it was I parked with ease where I had planned.

no 5 for me, love the green. but i would be happy to have taken any of them.

i would imagine the catch returns relates to a trout fishery, so they know when restocking needs doing. defo a fishing thing(y)

Thanks :) I had guessed fishing of some sorts as I was about 2ft away from falling in the river in the pitch black :D

Nice set.

The Catch Returns bin, is for record cards the anglers fill in with their catch details, quantity, weights etc of the days catch.

Really like them all even 'catch returns'.

Will you be in Bingley at Myrtle Park tommorrow? Thought I'd give it a go if the weather holds.

Really not bad at all considering it was a Canon :LOL:

All good, but the last one is a real peach, the trees/folk lit up give perfect context & perspective.

great shots to be proud of. Not many going off in the Cardiff area, maybe tomorrow evening!

Really like them all even 'catch returns'.

Will you be in Bingley at Myrtle Park tommorrow? Thought I'd give it a go if the weather holds.

Damn didn't know about them. Was at the village one anyway, didn't get anything amazing :(

Really not bad at all considering it was a Canon :LOL:

hehe :p

All good, but the last one is a real peach, the trees/folk lit up give perfect context & perspective.

Cheers Les, certainly not my best work, but as always with fireworks I did get a bit carried away with just watching them and not taking photos.

Back