Bowens 400rx modeling bulb

Name
Edd
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

Not sure if this is in the correct section, apologies if not.

I bought a Bowens 400rx studio kit from the Photography show on Saturday and it was delivered today.

Upon unpacking, I've notice one of the modeling bulbs is smashed.

On the box it states is an Osram Ceram Eco 64404 3000k 240v E27 205w

I'm struggling to find the same bulb even with searching the "Osram 64404", I just keep finding a similar bulb which is 200w. So here's my question, is the 200w bulb below the same bulb that came with my kit?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Osram-64404-Halogen-Bulb-White/dp/B002PA94DM

Thank you in advance, I just don't want to be buying the wrong things...

Why not just contact the retailer you bought it from . I'm sure as a good will gesture they'd send you a replacement bulb .

I'll definitely be doing that, it's just for future reference really. This is my first studio set so learning at the moment.

I'm guessing but it looks the same to me, you'd be very unlikely to notice such a small difference in wattage.

In the future you may want to consider the more common 150w or 250w bulbs as they should be under half the price.

I'm guessing but it looks the same to me, you'd be very unlikely to notice such a small difference in wattage.

In the future you may want to consider the more common 150w or 250w bulbs as they should be under half the price.

Perfect, thanks for the info.

I'm going to speak to Bowens tomorrow and see if they can send out a replacement as I bought it directly from them.

The bulbs dont seem to costly and I'll definitely look into the more common wattage as suggested.

Sorry to hear about your new purchase arriving with a broken bulb, very frustrating when you commit to a purchase and it turns up faulty or as in your case broken. I had a look around the net and found this http://www.lamps-on-line.com/halolux-ceram-64480-64404-240v-205w-e27-clear.html but I feel Bowens owe you a free exchange.

Perfect, thank you for the link. I'm going to phone Bowens shortly and see what they say.

The bulbs were inside sandwich bags so I get the feeling this must happen quite often.

I also bought one of their kits from them a couple of years ago and had a problem with one of the bulbs a few months later. I got in touch with Bowens and they were good enough to send me a replacement free of charge.

I've just spoke to Bowens, they were extremely helpful!

They are going to send me a couple of bulbs to replace.

Thanks for your help above and thanks for the links for future reference.

Back