Boxing Day Dogs

Lovely dogs and nice shots.

Hope you don't mind, I think the focus on some of the running shots (these and some previous) is behind the eyes, not sure if it's the image compression or the dog out running what looks like a narrow DoF. Just thought I'd mention it, sorry if it is just upload compression I'm seeing :)

Hope you don't mind, I think the focus on some of the running shots (these and some previous) is behind the eyes, not sure if it's the image compression or the dog out running what looks like a narrow DoF. Just thought I'd mention it, sorry if it is just upload compression I'm seeing :)
They look pretty sharp on my iPad so it may be the compression. I'll check again.

You're right Gav! Tiny bit of camera shake on one of them. The others are sharp and it's just really muddy compression.

I have to minimise to 40% to get them posted so they're pretty muddy.

You're right Gav! Tiny bit of camera shake on one of them. The others are sharp and it's just really muddy compression.

I have to minimise to 40% to get them posted so they're pretty muddy.
I understand the compression is a bit of a pain :)

May be a tad higher SS and open the DoF a bit, to allow for the dogs speed, running head on is a tough shot :)

I understand the compression is a bit of a pain :)

May be a tad higher SS and open the DoF a bit, to allow for the dogs speed, running head on is a tough shot :)
I forgot to use my custom AF set so that's why I've missed a couple I think. Usually has no trouble hitting eyes at f2.8.

Back