Brand Loyalty

Ricardodaforce

Self requested ban
Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
No
Just thinking about stuff I have. Unlike many here I am not brand loyal when it comes to photography. I have Nikon, Panasonic, GoPro, FujiFilm and DJI. But when it comes to some other stuff, yes I am brand loyal. My mobile tech and computers are Apple and my sportswear is always Adidas.

What about you? Brand loyal or not.

Not really, If I find a brand makes good products I keep buying them, but I won't exclude other brands in my searches just because of the name.

Not really. The closest I get to brand loyalty is by default/laziness - shirts, smart jackets* and trousers from M&S because their sizing is consistent (unlike most other mens clothing retailers) and I can pick it off the rail knowing it will fit. Shoes from Clarks because the sizing is consistent and I know I'll get 3 years+ from a pair. Electronics.. anything goes, but I'm hardly keeping up with the Joneses. The tv is a 12 year old LG, DVD player a 15 year old Sony.

* except for my developing Harris Tweed eBay habit.

Similair as @Alastair consumer I stick with some brands more for practical reason. You know what you gonna get and I'm not really bothered trying something new for the sake of trying. Regarding cameras I have all canon. But I dont think Iam canon fanboy. Its just hapened that I started with cannon and to change the brand now will cost too much....

Not really, If I find a brand makes good products I keep buying them, but I won't exclude other brands in my searches just because of the name.
Same here. The brand doesn't actually come into the equation for me. The product needs to be good.

Not brand loyal in any way. I tend to distrust and not respect those companies. Much preferring to choose on merit. But if it helps me find the quality that otherwise I couldn't tell in a shop then I'll look for various brands. But in no way I'd stick to the brand. I don't even want to have the name emblazoned on it.

Regarding pc, camera and mobile systems, our choice is usually limited by compatibility to software or other parts of the system we already have. It's not a free choice. If you bought an Apple phone you are much more limited in choice than other systems where a variety of brands are available. But with cameras, you can often buy lenses, flash guns and batteries from other brands that fit. Hooray for choice.

Last edited:
Sometimes a bit brand loyal with clothes and shoes as the size can be consistent... and I know others can be consistently too small/large in a particular size. Cars I know which ones I may exclude. Cameras well I tend to buy into systems eg. Nikon and Fuji and then get all the flashes and lenses so not easy to change

I am with trainers but that's just cos I'm lazy and know they are going to fit so I can just buy online and save a dreaded shopping trip to Cardiff.

Oh and branston beans and lea and perrins.

Last edited:
Not particularly fussed, as long as it works well. The only brand name I do stick to are window-based computers (x-box one, mobile and of course the PC and laptop), but that's through familiarity more than anything - and it appeases some of my OCD.

Apple for phone, tablet and laptop. Ive tried others before anyone says but i just couldn't get used to android. I've not tried windows 10 but I feel the windows system is too anarchic and not very intuitive but again that is my opinion.

I use fuji camera's, I 'm currently my 2nd X-E2 and in someways that relates to the fact that the very first serious digital camera i owned was a fuji s602, although I would change systems if I felt something was better for me personally. My first dslr was a canon 300D and I stuck with that brand because of the investment in lenses.

I have an XB1 and a PS4 :D

Regarding clothes and shoes, whatever is in the sales :)

No brand loyalty for me, just whatever fits my wants/needs and budget! More likely to have brands on a s***list - if they fail and after sales support is crap, I'll never buy that brand again.

So long as it's good value for money and suits my needs, I'll buy it. I'm more likely to have brand disloyalty. I don't like Japanese cars. There are very few things I would buy just because of a label.

Apple for phone, tablet and laptop. Ive tried others before anyone says but i just couldn't get used to android. I've not tried windows 10 but I feel the windows system is too anarchic and not very intuitive...

Archaic? Apples Mac interface hasn't changed since it was introduced in 1984.;) Windows 10 is streets ahead in terms of usability.

Regards...

Archaic? Apples Mac interface hasn't changed since it was introduced in 1984.;) Windows 10 is streets ahead in terms of usability.

Regards...
I thought somebody would bite, I'm only surprised it took so long :)

I did say it was a personal opinion

In a few things yes, like Asus, I've never had an Asus product fail on me so I tend to go there first choice, but it's not the brand name I'm buying so much as the reasonable chance of a quality product. In most things though I'll change brand as often as the wind changes direction.

Brands are fine if you use them to remember your bad buys, and put them in the never again pile. I would never buy just because of a brand name.

Regards...
Archaic is not the same as anarchic ;)

Daddies sauce.

That's about it.

Sorry, Daddies is brilliant but Hammonds "Chop Sauce" pips it... just.

HP was first choice till they messed with the recipe....

1456669047890.jpg

Slightly inclined to be brand-disloyal, as someone else put it earlier: recently bought running shoes, and tried to avoid Adidas because I already have 2 pairs of ordinary Adidas trainers and wanted something different.

Computing wise I run Windows, OSX and a couple of varieties of Linux on a range of different brands of hardware, so no brand loyalty there.

Camera systems: Sony/Minolta and Nikon, because economics dictated it that way (though I think Sony camera design is probably better than Nikon, which seems crude by comparison).

Cars: I had PSA group cars for a long time because their designs worked best for my needs, but when those needs had changed I was very pleased to have something else.

Clothes: whatever fits, looks OK and is sensibly priced.

When I worked in the garage, Snap On tools all the way.

Nowadays the nearest I get is my knives (Global) though I'm picky about pans too.

But generally it's on a price / performance basis, and that is budget dependant, and that varies in life.

Regards...

How? Not being a user of Windows 10 I don't know.

ive always been a bit non-brand loyal, except for cars, ive always had fords after a nasty vauxhall, but even that is about to change as ive got a hyundai coming.
ive got a macbook, a windows 10 laptop, a microsoft phone, an android tablet, an ipad, samsung tv, PS4, Canon camera, fuji camera, tamron lens....the non-standard list goes on.

Spot on with the beans - so much better than Heinz. I'll ditch the Lee & Perrins though for a bottle of Henderson's Relish!
I've not noticed it in the supermarkets down this way. I'll keep an eye out for it.

Samsung for TVs but that's about it.
Used to feel the same about phones too, but currently got Vodafone's own Chinesey phone and it's rather fab.

Back