Brownsea Red Squirrel

SKM

Edit My Images
No
This is one of my favourite shots of the reds on Brownsea from last Autumn

WDYT

Stan

0852-redsquirreledit2-1.jpg

Lovely shot, I'm down that way next week Stanm, is it easy to find them?

Thanks Matthew and Gramps
I'm down that way next week Stanm, is it easy to find them?
Part of the island is administered by the Dorset Wildlife Trust and this is the part of the island where I get all of my shots At this time of year you may be lucky enough to get a few brief sightings but I have found the best time is the autumn when they are out and actively forraging. This shot is one of many I took during two visits last October when my wife and i sat, watched and shot them over a period of a couple of hours as they raided the bird feeders and peanuts we had placed in various places to encourage them. It really was a constant stream and i have never had such good sessions either before or since

Plenty of Peacocks though...

yes on the main part of the island and shots of the males displaying are good at the moment

Stan

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Stan, may be worth a visit ... if the sun shines :puke:

if the sun shines
what is that :LOL:

may be worth a visit

subject to the sun, its well worth a vist, particularly to the Macdonald Hide on the reserve, where the sandwich and common terns are nesting at the moment on the islands in front of the hide - plenty of opportunity to shoot them as they return with sand eels in beak - I will start a thread with one from a couple of weeks back

Stan

What a wonderful image. Thank you for sharing it with us. Absolutely love the composition

just talking about brownsea with my brother yesterday, must get down there. nice shot, hope to get one as good. (y)

Back