Busker - PP critique - new edit

Name
Alan
Edit My Images
Yes
I took a walkabout with my camera in London yesterday and snapped this busker on my way back across the Hungerford Bridge (I did drop him a couple of £'s and ask if he minded a few shots).

I've taken the processing a little further than I normally do and want to canvas some opinions. I personally like the final version, which I guess is what it's all about really! but can't decide whether it's because it's just a novelty for me, or whether it really works as an image.

Would appreciate constructive C&C.

Thanks

Alan

1. As shot image imported into lightroom

IMG_6397
by alan72 on Talk Photography

2. Basic processing on contrast, clarity and a little darkening of background

IMG_6397-Edit-2

3. Processed in Nik Color Efex Pro using the Bleach Bypass filter (looks like just heavy clarity and desaturation to me but I like it!)

IMG_6397-Edit

Nice shot Alan - agree with above, the original looks the most appealing to me. Good shot

Thanks for the feedback, consensus does seem to be with the original. Although I am concerned about the large empty space to his left. I framed it with him and his money bag in shot, wish I'd taken another with him to the left.

I still think there is something to be had in a mono / high contrast image, will do some more work and repost.

Things to do on a week off:)

Mono looks better but needs sharpening- I would demonstrate but I see your image editing is set to NO

Les ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
As Lez says it's set to NO, please respect members requests.

Original for me...
Happygolucky

Soooooooooooooooooooooorry I did not notice the No, And it was only turned into Black & white no other works, However If set to NO how come's I can download ???. ALso I did get the hint from Lez325 reply after his edit thank you

I would of thought that if set to no it would be like Flickr where you cannot download.;)

Last edited:
Back