Buy with confidence from Jessops

i have had no problem with jessops at all. Yes many of the staff have limited knowledge, but if they trained them up then they would price themselves out of the market.

Do we really need expert staff these days with the interweb and all that? Most people already know what they want before they walk in the door?

Has anyone seen the latest Jessops advert, something about advice for life and buy from us and get some random bloke with expert knowledge for free.

Made me laugh.

Yes many of the staff have limited knowledge, but if they trained them up then they would price themselves out of the market.

I don't think it's so much that the majority of their staff wouldn't know a lens cap from a baseball cap, it's that they claim their staff are experts when they're obviously not.

Seems to me that the Senior Management are responsible for the 'mismanagement' [and who else exactly is responsible for training and customer service?:thinking:]and the 'minimum wage' shop staff take the flak from disgruntled customers!

Jessops will not survive, simply because the Senior Management do not listen, (and show little sign of wanting to listen) to what customers want, ergo customers (like me) vote with their feet!

I no longer have any problem with Jessops, simply because I no longer use them.:shake:

Hi everybody, just thought I'd put my two pen'orth in. It seems to me that some people are being more than a little unfair towards Jessops and putting every branch in the same category.

I use the Harrogate branch of Jessops and have done for many years now, I have always found the staff there to be knowledgable concerning the products they sell and helpful, courteous and friendly in dealing with customers. There may well be branches that are staffed by people who have no knowledge of or interest in the products on sale but the same can be said for many other stores not just the photographic ones.

I personally prefer to deal with people face to face rather than a voice at the end of a telephone line even if it does cost me a little bit more. If I do encounter any problems with faulty goods I'm only twenty minutes away in taking it back and don't have to go through the hassle of ' returns'.

All the best John

I have spent a little bit in Jessops when I started and continuing over 12months or so. The only problem I found was after I researched what I wanted, asking questions on forums like this. Reviews and so forth, they always seemed to try and talk me out of it for a product they had on offer.
Commission sales no doubt, but I didn't go there for that. Just sell me what I want!

This is a funny post. My camera is really good, and the staff new all about it. Great advice, friendly and service with a smile.

Kaouthia, can I ask waht your job is please?

I do editing, visual effects & motion graphics.

Back