Buying from gumtree.

Give it a good test then,zoom in and out, test all the apertures, shoot some pics at f/4 to make sure it's sharp, why is he mentioning the broken filter is it stuck on the lens, be streetwise and view it in a public place

I'm buying a D3 from a Romanian bloke for £900 :D

Ever the optimist, I'm waiting for a response to my request for a landline phone number... His Gumtree post says it's an unwanted present - too complicated, yet the EXIF on the pics he's sent me are using a D3 and 24-70.

I'm sure there's a perfectly reasonable explanation. Well, I can dream, can't I? ;)

Ever the optimist, I'm waiting for a response to my request for a landline phone number... His Gumtree post says it's an unwanted present - too complicated, yet the EXIF on the pics he's sent me are using a D3 and 24-70.

I'm sure there's a perfectly reasonable explanation. Well, I can dream, can't I? ;)

funny that, so am I... :shake:

Someone out there will have bought that thinking it's a bargain - however it's probably continued to fund the local criminal fraternity... Someone somewhere lost out - this guys made a gain... What'll it be spent on? Drink? Drugs? Hmmm....

This doesn't look the most kosher of adverts but not everyone on Gumtree is a crook. I've bought lenses and flash gear from it, and with any luck will be selling a 300/2.8 on it tonight. There is no harm in trying to contact the seller I guess. Try and suss him/her out a bit before exchanging.

There was some advice above about only meeting at his house. While I could see the logic in that, and have done it myself, thinking about it I would rather meet somewhere public and neutral (and with a big mate in tow).

This is my favourit current add there:

http://www.gumtree.com/london/28/45834328.html

look at the shot of the body and lenses. Some great Photoshop work there.

even i could have done better than that :LOL:

I saw that one. It's got to be a con, surely?

Back